Will Smash Bros 4 save the WiiU

#1Outsider1220Posted 1/23/2014 8:41:58 PM
Super Smash Bros 4 is the main Reason I will buy the WiiU over the PS4 (I never considered the Xbox one).

Can a system be saved buy one game?
If not is Nintendo already planning it's replacement/updated version?
#2Arok2092Posted 1/23/2014 8:52:23 PM
If they weren't making a 3DS version of it, it would have been a possibility, but since they are there is no way it will significantly help the WiiU.
---
Henshin-a-go-go baby!
#3PARAMYTASPosted 1/23/2014 9:12:55 PM
Here's the problem with trying to obtain higher sales for a WiiU. It's called 3DS. When you have a game come out like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Super Smash Bros. Wii U that can really sale good for a console but decide to provide both with the same game, it's possible to hurt sales for one or the other. Just saying.

Are they doing this with the new Mario Kart game as well? Poor Nintendo. They are simple shooting themselves in the foot over and over again.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#4Stanger5150Posted 1/23/2014 9:15:56 PM
I agree. The 3DS version will hurt it, and I believe it was a stupid decision. You can't expect to boost console sales when you simultaneously release a portable version to a better-selling platform.

But I've heard they're going to be different.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#5OCGRafaelPosted 1/23/2014 9:16:17 PM
Smash 4 won't save the Wii U but I think it being on the 3DS will make Nintendo much more money than if it was only on Wii U

So I guess it's a good thing
#6EasterEggHunterPosted 1/23/2014 9:17:33 PM
OCGRafael posted...
Smash 4 won't save the Wii U but I think it being on the 3DS will make Nintendo much more money than if it was only on Wii U

So I guess it's a good thing

This. Smash would have bombed if it was only on wii u.
---
This signature is one of my greatest accomplishments.....Brick Road
The internet in a nutshell: http://youtu.be/_mDFwJL2Xus
#7EGMRULZPosted 1/23/2014 9:37:01 PM
Arok2092 posted...
If they weren't making a 3DS version of it, it would have been a possibility, but since they are there is no way it will significantly help the WiiU.

^This. And I've posted a hundred times already that one game alone can't save the WiiU.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything