CVG: Ubisoft declining to comment on Watch Dogs Wii U cancellation rumors.

#1__Cam__Posted 1/24/2014 7:02:53 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/446613/wii-u-version-of-watch-dogs-rumoured-to-be-scrapped/

...If it wasn't cancelled, don't you think Ubisoft wouldn't hesitate to debunk the rumors?
---
You're awesome.
#2thefabregas22Posted 1/24/2014 7:05:31 AM
I dunno, as long as they don't cancel the ps4 version I'll be happy.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3Lightning StrikesPosted 1/24/2014 7:09:49 AM
By and large, companies do not comment on rumours. Because if they did, they would have to comment on everything that came up and would never be able to keep anything a secret.
---
Something something something
^Poorly disguised anti-caps sig
#4FayeLadyPosted 1/24/2014 7:12:35 AM
The idea that it could be canceled is less offensive than the fact that they don't seem to have yet made up their minds.

It should make us all look at Emily Rodgers admonition in a new light tho.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5game freakozoidPosted 1/24/2014 7:13:57 AM
As said above, don't take them not commenting on this to really mean anything. Ubisoft, along with most companies have a policy of not commenting on rumors.
#6PigfartsPosted 1/24/2014 7:25:29 AM
I think its too close to release for this rumor to be true. But who knows. If they cancle it they would have wasted a lot of time and money on the WIi U version of the game.

If anything they may not make a physical copy and just a download version.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#7FayeLadyPosted 1/24/2014 7:26:32 AM
game freakozoid posted...
As said above, don't take them not commenting on this to really mean anything. Ubisoft, along with most companies have a policy of not commenting on rumors.

It really shouldn't be a rumor tho. A company should have no problem responding to, "Are you still preparing to sell the product you said you were?" They should know that providing no comment is worse than simply being silent.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#8game freakozoidPosted 1/24/2014 7:28:20 AM
FayeLady posted...

It really shouldn't be a rumor tho. A company should have no problem responding to, "Are you still preparing to sell the product you said you were?" They should know that providing no comment is worse than simply being silent.

I agree with this in essence that I'd like them to respond, but it is more just so they don't set a precedent. Having a blanket, "We don't respond to rumors" will actually work better for them in the long run then having to pick and choose which ones they will and won't respond to.
#9FayeLadyPosted 1/24/2014 7:31:01 AM
FayeLady posted...

I agree with this in essence that I'd like them to respond, but it is more just so they don't set a precedent. Having a blanket, "We don't respond to rumors" will actually work better for them in the long run then having to pick and choose which ones they will and won't respond to.

If its a harmless rumor, then why provide a statement at all? In doing so, they have added to the fire that would have gone out sooner.
---
#10EoinPosted 1/24/2014 7:37:46 AM
It's not a good sign. Whatever about company policy being not to comment on rumours, Ubisoft should be able to confirm something that they have previously announced.

If they had said that, then maybe that would be the case. They didn't though - they said "We have nothing to comment at the moment" - it's unclear if that is intended to be the standard "Ubisoft does not comment on rumours or speculation", but it has quite a different literal meaning.