CVG: Ubisoft declining to comment on Watch Dogs Wii U cancellation rumors.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. CVG: Ubisoft declining to comment on Watch Dogs Wii U cancellation rumors.
2 years ago#11
game freakozoid posted...
FayeLady posted...
As said above, don't take them not commenting on this to really mean anything. Ubisoft, along with most companies have a policy of not commenting on rumors.

It really shouldn't be a rumor tho. A company should have no problem responding to, "Are you still preparing to sell the product you said you were?" They should know that providing no comment is worse than simply being silent.

I agree with this in essence that I'd like them to respond, but it is more just so they don't set a precedent. Having a blanket, "We don't respond to rumors" will actually work better for them in the long run then having to pick and choose which ones they will and won't respond to.

True

If they respond to this rumor, it will turn into the quickest game of 20 Questions that anyone's ever seen.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
2 years ago#12
FayeLady posted...
FayeLady posted...
As said above, don't take them not commenting on this to really mean anything. Ubisoft, along with most companies have a policy of not commenting on rumors.

It really shouldn't be a rumor tho. A company should have no problem responding to, "Are you still preparing to sell the product you said you were?" They should know that providing no comment is worse than simply being silent.

I agree with this in essence that I'd like them to respond, but it is more just so they don't set a precedent. Having a blanket, "We don't respond to rumors" will actually work better for them in the long run then having to pick and choose which ones they will and won't respond to.

If its a harmless rumor, then why provide a statement at all? In doing so, they have added to the fire that would have gone out sooner.

Because they were contacted directly. It isn't like they saw this floating around on the web and decided to make a statement that they weren't making a statement. They were directly contacted and replied that they had no comment. Sure the wording isn't the best, but it is pretty par for the course wording in this case. It should be noted that the article specifically even states that the company has a general policy of not commenting on this stuff.

To elaborate. This was not Ubisoft specifically giving a comment about this rumor. All we got was basically their blanket comment that they always use. Just that in this case people are taking it to mean more than it really does. Every company has these blanket statements that they use when contacted asking for stuff like this. This is nothing abnormal here.
2 years ago#13
Most companies adopt a standard policy of not commenting on rumors, regardless of the answer. The reason being, if you comment only on thing that you can debunk with "no", then it's essentially giving an answer of "yes" to rumors that are true, when you don't comment.

Still, this move would not surprise me, but it would sadden me. If this is the case, I would not buy WatchDogs on any of the systems that I own and would not buy any Ubisoft games at least for all of next year.
2 years ago#14
Considering the sales for all the other 3rd party games on the Wii U, I really don't think they are doing any disservice to Wii U owners.

Most Wii U owners didn't buy any 3rd party games.

No 3rd party Wii U software got even near the 1 million mark.

The amazing version of Deus EX HR for the Wii U sold less than 50.000 copies worldwide.

If I was developing Watch Dogs, I wouldn't bother with the Wii U.
2 years ago#15
Cant help but think its confirmation by refusal
2 years ago#16
I don't care if they don't comment on rumors or not. This whole thing is a double edge sword for me. On the one hand if the Wii U doesn't get it I think it would be a HUGE missed opportunity to showcase what the game pad can really do. On the other hand if it is cancelled I get to see the whole board blow up and laugh at everyone that cries about it and scream, 'FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!' when the fanboys and trolls go at it. I'm so torn..... =(
---
Hey guys! Zatanna got nerfed to the Heroes' side!
2 years ago#17
I want it to come out on the Wii U because I'm not getting a PS4 until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. I don't want to have to wait until then to play Watch Dogs.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
2 years ago#18
It would seem kind of dumb to cancel it if they've been developing it all this time...

Maybe they are expecting terrible sells but if it is ready to release/mostly done it wouldn't make much sense they might as well release it and recover some of the losses(and maybe make a profit)...
2 years ago#19
ArabrockermanX posted...
It would seem kind of dumb to cancel it if they've been developing it all this time...

Maybe they are expecting terrible sells but if it is ready to release/mostly done it wouldn't make much sense they might as well release it and recover some of the losses(and maybe make a profit)...

Depends on what it will cost to ship and distribute it. Perhaps orders (from the supply side) for the Wii version were very low. Thats the only reason I can see them doing this at such a late date,
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
2 years ago#20
No comment by the Dev is not a good sign...if they were developing it theres no reason why they wouldnt respond. and considering WD is a major release this year, it would be guaranteed to generate sales on Wii U (due to the lack of multi plats). Bad move if its cancelled imo...i want it for Wii U and not 360/ps3
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU: chex81
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. CVG: Ubisoft declining to comment on Watch Dogs Wii U cancellation rumors.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived