Wii U users, Which side did you support in previous gens?

#61VideoGameXVPosted 1/25/2014 1:33:10 PM
5th Gen - Only own a N64, play PS1 games on my PS2 and PS3 though.

6th Gen - Only have a PS2, play GCN games on the Wii and I am planning to get an Xbox soon, already got a few games to play once I get one.

7th Gen - I own both a Wii and a PS3, solid X360 for the PS3.

8th Gen - Don't own any yet, I'm planning to get both the Wii U and PS4.

If I had enough money I would buy every console so I didn't ever miss out on any games, I would even get the X1 for the sake of it even though it's one of worst consoles I've seen in a long time. At least Deadrising 3 looks okay and I don't mind a little bit of Halo every now and then even though I'm not a huge FPS fan.
#62GamersTavernPosted 1/25/2014 1:36:47 PM
I stuck with Nintendo and Sega... that is, until Sega stopped making consoles. After that, I went with Nintendo and Sony.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#63Lelouch71Posted 1/25/2014 2:19:26 PM(edited)
As a future Wii user I supported...

Gen 4: Genesis but I enjoyed the Snes. I was a small child who really enjoyed Sonic but Mario was fun too.

Gen 5: I first went with the Saturn but the games weren't measuring up. Then I went for N64 but the games weren't measuring up either. Then finally the PS1 and that became my main system for that gen.

Gen 6: I went with the PS2 as my main system but I got a Gamecube as my secondary console (thanks to Symphonia). I wanted a Dreamcast but I was weary of it thanks to the Saturn. Sadly the system didn't last. I though the Xbox sucked so it wasn't an option.

Gen 7: I was originally going to get a PS3 (in the beginning) but that $600 price tag turned me off. Then the 360 started getting the games I wanted so I caved and got that. I got a Wii after that as my secondary system for a few games. Then ultimately I got a PS3 after the slim model came out. It has been my main system ever since.

Gen 8: this gen I plan on owning both a PS4 and Wii U. The X1 can go kick rocks.

Handheld wise the GBC, GBA, DS, and 3DS were my main system. Although the PSP did rival the DS as my main handheld. The Vita looks to be my secondary system. I own a Game Gear before getting a Gameboy and that system was a disappointment.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#64supernintendo28Posted 1/25/2014 2:50:27 PM(edited)
6th Gen: Gamecube (I wanted a PS2 but my mom talked me out of it. I got one later though), PC
7th Gen: Wii, Xbox 360
8th Gen: Wii U, PC
---
Do you know who ate all the donuts?
#65Jprime666Posted 1/25/2014 2:49:11 PM
My primary consoles for the generations
NES
SNES
PS1
PS2
360 for the first half, evolved into PC during the second half
PC

Having said that. The consoles I own are as follows

NES
Genesis
SNES
N64
PS1
Saturn
Dreamcast
Gamecube
PS2
Wii
PS3
Wiiu
PS4
PC

Gameboy
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
DS
PSP
3DS
Vita

Picking sides is foolish when they all have something to offer.
---
Zvarri!
#66Jason Hart MaiviaPosted 1/25/2014 3:04:46 PM
Home consoles:

3rd gen: NES - I had no interest in any other console. I wasn't even aware that other consoles existed at the time since the NES already had a lot of games that I loved.

4th Gen: Super NES, but also owned a Genesis (but I didn't play it much)

5th Gen: Nintendo 64, but really wanted a PlayStation because of all of the missing 3rd party games. Owned one late in the generation. This is the first time that I wanted something more than a Nintendo console.

6th Gen: Dreamcast, Gamecube, PlayStation 2. Played Dreamcast to death, played Gamecube whenever something interesting came out, PS2 became the primary console of choice at the middle of the generation after Dreamcast died and Gamecube was quickly losing 3rd party support (again).

7th Gen:...PS2. Seriously, I played PS2 more than anything else at the time. If I have to pick an actual 7th gen console, it'd be the Wii ONLY because it was given to me, and I couldn't afford an Xbox 360 or PS3. If I can buy one this instant, i'd get a PS3.

8th Gen: I currently have a Wii U. It's not looking good. Terrible 3rd party support. Why do I have it? I got a really good deal for it, and it's something to play with the family.
---
Praise Rainbow Mika
NNID: JasonMaivia ; Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii): 0346-6035-0276
#67TerotrousPosted 1/25/2014 3:07:18 PM(edited)
NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U.

However, in every gen except NES and Wii U, I have at least one of the other consoles.

I also don't consider the Nintendo console to be the best option in either the N64 or GC eras, but it is the one I owned first.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#68CubeTVPosted 1/25/2014 3:19:40 PM
3rd gen: Wasn't born at the time. But I prefer the NES

4th gen: Wasn't born at the time. But I prefer the SNES. Had one in 2009 but sold it for a SD Media Launcher for GameCube that allowed me to play my SNES games on it.

5th gen: N64 and some PS1

6th gen: GC only by far. Loved it SOOOOOOOOOO many great games! The perfect system ever.

7th gen: N/A. Had a Wii for about a month, but still enjoying my GC. Sold the Wii for more GC stuff and I didn't care for the Wii at the time (2007). Got a second Wii for Brawl. Brawl broke the disc drive and I also later realized I prefer Melee so I sold the Wii and Brawl. Got a third Wii and Brawl again so I could mod the Wii. Once I got my Wii U, I mailed the Wii to my friend but misread the address and never saw it again. Gave Brawl to my brothers.

8th gen: Wii U. But I don't like it too much due to Nintendo's neglect with it. I'm keeping it in hopes Nintendo turns it around so I don't make the same mistake with the Wii.

My gaming life is weird. lol.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#69Retroxgamer0Posted 1/25/2014 3:24:00 PM(edited)
NES
SNES
Genesis
N64
PS One
Dreamcast
Gamecube
PS 2
Wii
PS3
Wii U

currently i only own PS3 + Wii U
#70MichaelS91Posted 1/25/2014 3:23:43 PM
Mega Drive
Playstation
Dreamcast then Gamecube (got PS2 quite late)
Wii and PS3
Wii U
---
NNID: stretfordender91
PSN: m-smith1991