Considering getting Darksiders 2. Questions...

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 1/27/2014 8:11:03 PM
1. Is the framerate consistent?

2. I thought the combat in the first was too simple. Is it better here?

3. Does Death have a definite personality? I found War boring.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#2ZayziePosted 1/27/2014 8:15:06 PM
If you didn't particularly care for the first you'll prolly have the same sorts of problems with 2 although the voice acting was awesome IMO
---
Now we see the violence inherent in the system!... Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
#3WiiareVenomPosted 1/27/2014 10:53:16 PM
The combat in two is MUCH faster. Death is somewhat quite, but he is a consistently snarky. There is also a loot system for weapons and gear.
---
Official Zygarde of the Pokemon X/Y boards.
Official leader of the Order of the Jar of Dirt. 3DS FC: 5155 3151 4613
#4LightbornePosted 1/27/2014 11:10:29 PM
Combat has a bit more depth you get skill trees, upgradable moves and can even light craft weapons but there are uogradable sub weapons or tools which can is really isn't that big a deal considering you can use 5 or 6 different weapon types.

The dungeon design is the best I'd ever seen in any rpg or zelda like game hands down freaking amazing and fun tools for puzzles to.
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZmR2w_uf0. Teleportation girl has been caught on video several times in china, videos have been proven real.
#51shadetail1Posted 1/27/2014 11:42:37 PM(edited)
Darksiders 2 is a serious mixed bag. Lots of good level design and combat mechanics, combined with a mediocre story and too many gameplay elements.

That last bit, too many gameplay elements, is my biggest complaint; it has the dungeons of Zelda, the combat of God of War, the RPG elements of Diablo, and the platforming of Prince of Persia. The problem is, it spreads itself so thin that it doesn't excel in any of that. And the game is so long that I always have lots of time to reflect on how much could have been improved if they'd done better than they did on all the individual parts.

It's not a bad game, by any means, but I like the first better because it didn't try to do too much. It stuck with a much narrower scope of gameplay, and did a better job of it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#6jillwarrenPosted 1/28/2014 1:32:18 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
1. Is the framerate consistent?

2. I thought the combat in the first was too simple. Is it better here?

3. Does Death have a definite personality? I found War boring.

1: Framerate is consistent. Not fantastic, but no real slowdowns that I've experienced.

2: Combat is a bit deeper. Death is FAR faster than War was.

3: Yes, but not ridiculously so.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#7LightbornePosted 1/28/2014 5:21:38 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Darksiders 2 is a serious mixed bag. Lots of good level design and combat mechanics, combined with a mediocre story and too many gameplay elements.

That last bit, too many gameplay elements, is my biggest complaint; it has the dungeons of Zelda, the combat of God of War, the RPG elements of Diablo, and the platforming of Prince of Persia. The problem is, it spreads itself so thin that it doesn't excel in any of that. And the game is so long that I always have lots of time to reflect on how much could have been improved if they'd done better than they did on all the individual parts.

It's not a bad game, by any means, but I like the first better because it didn't try to do too much. It stuck with a much narrower scope of gameplay, and did a better job of it.

Actually darksiders 2 has amazing story to but some people prefer the less fantasy side of deaths story to wars more post apocolyptic story. And no it doesn't spread itself to thin at all it does these things very well and with more depth and grace then other games.
---
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZmR2w_uf0. Teleportation girl has been caught on video several times in china, videos have been proven real.
#8tErD_LiNkPosted 1/28/2014 5:39:22 AM
The frame rate is very inconsistent. It has worse framerate drops and screen tearing than the PS3 and 360 versions (in addition to LESS detail).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-darksiders-2-on-wii-u-face-off

removal of light shafts and environmental detail doesn't overly harm the game considering that the core artwork is a close match in other areas, but the sharp drops in performance are hard to ignore when the low frame-rate has a noticeable impact on the feel of the controls, making them heavier and less responsive.

They only recommend playing the Wii U version if you don't have PS3, 360, or PC.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#9melbye80Posted 1/28/2014 5:54:23 AM
The game is very glitchy though, i would buy it on another console if you can
#10abbyhitterPosted 1/28/2014 6:15:08 AM
I already asked about Darksiders II yesterday. You should have just searched for my topic.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68433272
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!