Nintendo President Iwata Firm That Nintendo will not go Third Party...

#11darkness1018Posted 1/30/2014 12:40:32 AM
STN79 posted...
Awww does da widdle Sony Pony wanna pway Mario on his pwaystation?

Ha ha too bad for you! Nintendo ain't going away fools!

Here's to you haters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdftQexUkZA

I dont think anyone wants to play Mario on the WiiU either or theyd both be doing better.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU
#12GencoilPosted 1/30/2014 12:42:30 AM
Nintendo announcing that they're going 3rd party would be the blackest day in video game history.
---
www.klustr.net || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#13jillwarrenPosted 1/30/2014 12:42:50 AM
darkness1018 posted...
STN79 posted...

Here's to you haters!

I dont think anyone wants to play Mario on the WiiU either or theyd both be doing better.

Over 3 million people wanted NSMBU. That ain't shabby for a console with just over 5 million user base. Might not be the best numbers ever, but it is far more than you are giving credit for.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#14squatch22Posted 1/30/2014 12:45:24 AM
jillwarren posted...
faramir77 posted...
darknight06 posted...
If they can't sell the games all that well here, what makes you think people want them on the other platforms?

Because the PS4 already has sold double the Wii U, and even the disaster that was the Xbone has also outsold the Wii U.

Game sales on the Wii U are poor because very few people actually want to buy a Wii U, for the following reasons:

1. The concept of a "casual home console" died in the late 00s/early 10s with the advent of smartphones.
2. Anyone still willing to buy a casual home console has no idea that the Wii U exists.
3. Nintendo screwed over their fanbase with the Wii and it's clear that Nintendo still has no intention of providing content for their old fanbase on the Wii U.
4. Decent quality games are literally 8 months apart in release and even over a year after launch there still aren't enough titles to warrant a purchase.

1st: There are not twice as many PS4s sold as there are Wii-Us. The PS4 is selling well enough to not have to try and add numbers to make it look more impressive, unless you really think there are 10 million PS4s sold right now.

2nd: How does the amount of PS4s sold relate to Nintendo selling well on that platform? I'll repeat this example.

Poll the typical gamer and ask them which is better, NSMBU or Rayman Legends. Pretty sure you are gonna see Legends win that poll. In fact this board has multiple topics complaining about how rehashed and terrible the NSMB games are (although a few threads were started in the last few days arguing against that, and I was a little proud of that myself). So the average gamer prefers Rayman, yet when Legends was released it was not able to sell more copies on a combined user base of nearly 160 million consoles than NSMBU. In fact, the combined sales of the 360 and PS3 version were just barely more than the actual sales of that title on the Wii-U. However we are to believe that even though the game that the Sony and Microsoft fanbase prefers can't sell on those systems the games which we keep hearing are old and outdated and WORSE all around will suddenly sell enough to bring Nintendo enough money in the long run to be worth completely scrapping their hardware business. It just doesn't add up.

3rd: Your first two points are rather weird assumptions. The smartphone market affecting the handheld industry I can understand, but I have a hard time seeing anyone saying something like, "No, we don't need a Wii-U, we have an iphone." They're not even the same market at all. If someone were looking to buy a "casual" home console, they wouldn't look to see what Nintendo was offering? These points are technically subjective, but they don't make a lot of sense to me.

4th: I understand some people feel somehow "betrayed" by the Wii, but what "old" content are you looking for? So far they have made platformers, party games, strategy and actions games, and puzzle games; also the entire Wii VC is available out of the box. What they provided over the last year was a lot of what the NES, SNES, and N64 were known for. Wii mode may not be super cool, but it is perfectly functional, so the majority of the old titles are there too. How are they not providing content?

5th: Yep, there is a bit of a delay between first party titles. It is not 8 months right now though. I get the feeling you are not the forgiving type. Also, if you don't think there are any games worth owning on the Wii-U right now, even if just exclusive ones, I have a hard time thinking you ever really cared for Nintendo at all. I can understand not thinking it was worth 300, but NOTHING is worth owning at all? To each his own I guess.

QFFT
---
NNID: Nin10do-1983 PSN: squatch1983
Welcome to DoubleStandardsFAQs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpwxF2L37M8
#15STN79Posted 1/30/2014 12:49:37 AM(edited)
@ darkness1018

Ever consider Mario platformers might not have the pull they used to? I mean there's been a hell of alot more competition since the Nes and Snes days. Besides anybody who gave Mario 3D world or Mario U a chance knows they are great games. If they don't then as gamers i feel sorry for them. Must have got distracted by all those Shoot em ups and interactive movies that Sony offers. Yeah shootin stuff is fun! Wow look at them pubes sprouting after my 12 hour Call of Duty session! Now i think i'll check out my trophy list too make sure my coolness factor is high enough!
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#16sjc1279Posted 1/30/2014 12:52:41 AM
Anyone know how many nsmb wii u bundle sold?
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#17ssjgohhkuPosted 2/2/2014 4:07:41 AM
Iwata is a god.
#18tErD_LiNkPosted 2/2/2014 4:56:56 AM
Don't worry, Iwata won't have his job much longer. He bought himself some time with his QOL announcement, since investors are going to at least wait and see what his grand vision is for Nintendo's business.

Once the QOL products are revealed, I have a feeling Iwata is getting canned.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#19SquallAlmasyPosted 2/2/2014 5:14:48 AM
STN79 posted...
@ darkness1018

Ever consider Mario platformers might not have the pull they used to? I mean there's been a hell of alot more competition since the Nes and Snes days. Besides anybody who gave Mario 3D world or Mario U a chance knows they are great games. If they don't then as gamers i feel sorry for them. Must have got distracted by all those Shoot em ups and interactive movies that Sony offers. Yeah shootin stuff is fun! Wow look at them pubes sprouting after my 12 hour Call of Duty session! Now i think i'll check out my trophy list too make sure my coolness factor is high enough!

Firstly I'd like to say that that I find it very mature of you that you stated you opinion without feeling the need to try to make fun of people that don't share the same opinion as you. Seriously b(^_^)d </sarcasm>

I loved every 3D Mario before 3D World (haven't played 3D land), but 3D world is just not that fun to me (not bad, but definitely not great either). It feels like it takes a couple of steps back by limiting the player in its movement compared to the other 3D Mario games where I loved just running and triple jumping around the place, having fun with fludd or flying around with the wing cap. The complete lack of challenge the first 6-8 worlds (except for the occasional star coin) isn't helping either. On the other hand what is in the game is very polished and the game looks great and I can see why people wouldn't be bothered by the things that bother me.
---
This pain's nothing... compared to what he's given up. - Edward (Full Metal Alchemist)
#20WildsparkPosted 2/2/2014 5:18:47 AM
jillwarren posted...
darkness1018 posted...
STN79 posted...

Here's to you haters!

Over 3 million people wanted NSMBU. That ain't shabby for a console with just over 5 million user base. Might not be the best numbers ever, but it is far more than you are giving credit for.

It was a launch game. And it had Mario in it. Of course it was going to sell well. And there aren't a lot of wii u games, so people don't really have a lot of options for games to buy.
---
When you grow up, your heart dies- Ally Sheedy