I would really like it if Nintendo called their next console "Super Nintendo"

#1knightimexPosted 1/31/2014 4:42:14 AM
It would be like a reboot of past times.
Something that shows how great they were back in the day.

Show gamers what Nintendo can really do, plus flex it's muscles.

+ Powerful hardware.
+ A controller anyone would enjoy using.
+ A tighter, and more functioning network that's easy to use.

+ Stop gimping various aspects of each console generation.
^ This is by far Nintendo's BIGGEST offender in putting them in the place they are today.

Every single console past SNES has some significant issue that greatly hindered their success that could have been easily avoided by simply NOT doing it.

Even the SNES to some degree felt this impact.
Albeit indirect, some snes games could have been better with the use of a certain CDrom add-on.

N64
Continued to use CARTRIDGE based hardware for media storage in an era CD was quickly starting to show it's superiority.

If the Sony\Nintendo deal took off the way it was planned to the SNES controller would have been pretty much the Playstation controller. After all, the PS controller even today is just a reminded of nintendo's better times.

Gamecube
Again, gimping media storage for something more lackluster.
Why mini DVD? They should have used full sized DVDs. This probably would have allowed for games like GTA to be on Nintendo, hate all you wish on Game X, but size DOES matter when you look at it like this.

The controller is a mixed bag of emotions.
On one hand, the controller is near perfect for 3d games, atrocious for 2d games or anything requiring a unified button setup and a bigger Dpad.

SNK vs Capcom 2 was insanely unplayable with the GC controller.
Soul Calibur 2 and Smash worked perfectly find. >_>

Wii
Gpu, and CPU gimped.
Why? because nintendo said that the world isn't ready for HD gaming yet, when CLEARLY HD gaming was just starting.
>_<!!!!!!!

Wii U.
It's over 7000!!!!!!!!!!!! wait, what?
It's just not as strong as it really needs to be.

Wii U does need more ram, and a bit beefier cpu.
The internal storage of wii U is rather sad.

Other consoles are sporting hundred of gigs, Nintendo? less than 50.

GOD DAMNIT NINTENDO
Get you S*** together!!!!!

HIRE ME!
WE CAN DO THIS!
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#2QlJGamerPosted 1/31/2014 4:45:31 AM
I wouldnt buy it. Limits provoke creation. If nintendo tried to be sony and focused on hardware not software... they would burn n crash
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#3knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 4:50:29 AM(edited)
QlJGamer posted...
I wouldnt buy it. Limits provoke creation. If nintendo tried to be sony and focused on hardware not software... they would burn n crash

As opposed to no one buying them now due to everything you don't want..
It would make you the minority.

You don't have to focus on hardware 100%
You only focus on hardware BEFORE you release it.

Software comes after hardware release.
---
-Evil Betty
#4PedrotacopacoPosted 1/31/2014 4:53:05 AM
Specs specs specs. All we gamers care about is specs. Screw innovative gameplay.
#5AvirosbPosted 1/31/2014 4:59:38 AM
Why mini DVD? They should have used full sized DVDs. This probably would have allowed for games like GTA to be on Nintendo, hate all you wish on Game X, but size DOES matter when you look at it like this.

For one, I happen to like the durability of the mini discs.
Also, I may be mistaken but to my experience, GC games loaded faster than that other console which shan't be named. Dunno about that other other console tho.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 5:03:46 AM(edited)
Pedrotacopaco posted...
Specs specs specs. All we gamers care about is specs. Screw innovative gameplay.

Innovative gameplay is delivered through the power of hardware.
Mario Kart, Star Fox, Mickey Mania wasn't possible on NES, because of mode 7, a superior color pallet etc. that SNES had.

No way in hell would God of War 2 or halo would look good or near anywhere near as fun if they ended up on Sega Saturn.

Powerful hardware takes innovation to a new level.
---
-Evil Betty
#7sarmandarPosted 1/31/2014 5:03:54 AM
knightimex posted...
Gamecube

'Bout that:
http://www.gamecubicle.com/news-nintendo_gamecube_grand_theft_auto.htm

The disc size wasn't that big of an issue, third party games sold like crap, due to a small install base, due to the kiddy image. There was a good article about this on the GC board. But the kiddy image is the biggest problem, it always has been and always will be.
#8knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 5:06:01 AM(edited)
sarmandar posted...
knightimex posted...
Gamecube

'Bout that:
http://www.gamecubicle.com/news-nintendo_gamecube_grand_theft_auto.htm

The disc size wasn't that big of an issue, third party games sold like crap, due to a small install base, due to the kiddy image. There was a good article about this on the GC board. But the kiddy image is the biggest problem, it always has been and always will be.

The small install base would have never happened if nintendo would just stop being derp.
---
-Evil Betty
#9samuraigaidenPosted 1/31/2014 5:49:46 AM
Calling the next system SNES is the dumbest idea ever. It's like as stupid as Sony calling their next console PSOne or Microsoft calling their console Xb... Oh, wait!

On a serious note, why do that? It would create unachievable expectations for the system.
#10knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 6:15:05 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
Calling the next system SNES is the dumbest idea ever. It's like as stupid as Sony calling their next console PSOne or Microsoft calling their console Xb... Oh, wait!

On a serious note, why do that? It would create unachievable expectations for the system.

Then might as well go 3rd party right?
No point in ever trying anything if you light a match and everyone expects a super nova.

>_>
<_<
>_<
---
-Evil Betty