How can the Wii U be called a failure in the Media and the Xbox1 a success?

#1GI_TiPosted 2/1/2014 12:12:02 AM
The Wii U is a lot more harder to find in a store than an Xbox1. lol. Also Xbox 1 mini is coming out next year because the original is such a success. rofl.
#2WraithX_959Posted 2/1/2014 12:19:21 AM
Media bias and the Xbox One is on pace to sell more quickly than the Wii U. Truth is, if hardware sells slow greatly in Jan/Feb, the whole industry will be in trouble. Xbox 360 and PS3 software sells were abysmal. There is no way they've sold enough Xbox Ones and PS4s to make up for last gen software sells. There's also no way that it'll be possible for them to sustain the type of console sells they had during the holidays.
#3STN79Posted 2/1/2014 12:31:59 AM
More like how can the Wii U be called a failure when it's nearly reaching the total lifespan of Dreamcast and has games coming out beyond that time frame? Dreamcast lasted a year and six months. Now can we shut up about this failure crap since we know Wii U isn't dropping sooner than Sega's last system? It has only failed to those who never gave it a chance or who don't intend to beyond the very short life it's had so far.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#4ZeeDoggePosted 2/1/2014 12:35:53 AM
GI_Ti posted...
The Wii U is a lot more harder to find in a store than an Xbox1. lol. Also Xbox 1 mini is coming out next year because the original is such a success. rofl.

Because that's not an actual measure of sales or profits? Don't breed
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999
#5HermeticJusticePosted 2/1/2014 12:43:17 AM
If anybody reads the post carefully, you can tell he means Wii and not XBox One

Case in point, Wii Mini released not to long ago

nice joke topic, I almost laughed
#6IokuaPosted 2/1/2014 12:45:19 AM
Well, I don't know about you, but based on my experience the Wii U is "scarce" because stores are not ordering in new units once they sell out. The Xbone is available because Microsoft is doing a proper job of putting it on store shelves. It's sold over half the Wii U's lifetime sales to date in 1/14th the time.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#7GI_Ti(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2014 1:00:03 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
If anybody reads the post carefully, you can tell he means Wii and not XBox One

Case in point, Wii Mini released not to long ago

nice joke topic, I almost laughed

Xbox1 mini is comming out next year. No joke.
#8SUPER3METROIDXPosted 2/1/2014 1:10:00 AM
STN79 posted...
More like how can the Wii U be called a failure when it's nearly reaching the total lifespan of Dreamcast and has games coming out beyond that time frame? Dreamcast lasted a year and six months. Now can we shut up about this failure crap since we know Wii U isn't dropping sooner than Sega's last system? It has only failed to those who never gave it a chance or who don't intend to beyond the very short life it's had so far.

The Wii U isn't comparable with the dreamcast. The dreamcast had a solid lineup of games and was actually selling really well (the dream cast had the best selling NA launch of all time), and selling 10+ million units in just a year and a half would've been on track to sell SNES numbers, but Sega was out of money and simply did not have the financial ability to support the console anymore no matter how well it was doing. They probably would've gone out of business entirely if the former president didn't donate $700 million.
#9TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2014 1:13:56 AM
Iokua posted...
Well, I don't know about you, but based on my experience the Wii U is "scarce" because stores are not ordering in new units once they sell out. The Xbone is available because Microsoft is doing a proper job of putting it on store shelves. It's sold over half the Wii U's lifetime sales to date in 1/14th the time.

I think the Xbone's availability is more to do with the fact that demand has dried up for now and they put way too much stock into the NA market, causing a slight surplus in consoles.
#10Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/1/2014 1:17:36 AM(edited)
GI_Ti posted...
Xbox1 mini is comming out next year. No joke.

He's being serious, there is a leaked rumor about an XBone without a disc drive that will sell for $400, digital games only.

The PS4 board had a few topics about it. DRM ahoy! PSP Go!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/29/white-xbox-one-price-drop/
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."