How can the Wii U be called a failure in the Media and the Xbox1 a success?

#11TomoEK9Posted 2/1/2014 1:19:10 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
GI_Ti posted...
Xbox1 mini is comming out next year. No joke.

He's being serious, there is a leaked rumor about an XBone without a disc drive that will sell for $400, digital games only.

The PS4 board had a few topics about it. DRM ahoy! PSP Go!

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/29/white-xbox-one-price-drop/

And yet there are some Xbone fans who say its a brilliant idea and that this will be what makes the Xbone pull ahead.
#12Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/1/2014 1:22:19 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
And yet there are some Xbone fans who say its a brilliant idea and that this will be what makes the Xbone pull ahead.

Let's be fair. The ones that watched e3 and knew about the DRM and didn't like it got PS4s instead. I'm not surprised if the ones left welcome it with open arms.

Sony needs to get more supply out.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#13TurbokkPosted 2/1/2014 4:58:17 PM
Media have a Xboner.
#14sharinaginPosted 2/1/2014 5:00:56 PM
STN79 posted...
It has only failed to those who never gave it a chance or who don't intend to beyond the very short life it's had so far.

It's also failed to make those people change their minds about it.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#15ssjgohhkuPosted 2/2/2014 5:43:33 AM
All of Sonys consoles are flops and Xbone too.
#16ncb1397Posted 2/2/2014 5:59:51 AM
Iokua posted...
Well, I don't know about you, but based on my experience the Wii U is "scarce" because stores are not ordering in new units once they sell out. The Xbone is available because Microsoft is doing a proper job of putting it on store shelves. It's sold over half the Wii U's lifetime sales to date in 1/14th the time.

I work in retail and the computer automatically orders supplies based on sales.

As far as Xbox One sales vs Wii U sales. From launch in November 2012 to the end of 2012, Wii U sold 3.06 million units worldwide. From launch in November of 2013 to the end of 2013, Xbox One sold 3 million units(reported on January 6th). Yes, Wii U had Japan as well but considering sales of Xbox in Japan, it would of made a small difference. This is a direct 1 to 1 comparison and is what should be used when comparing sales and not using the rate of sales of a launch period and holiday season and compare it to the rate of sales for a whole year of Wii U. You are clearly manipulating the statistics to make the Xbox One look better and the Wii U look worse.