Grand Theft Auto for Wii U

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Grand Theft Auto for Wii U

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
2 years ago#11
It's far too late to make a version for the Wii U, IMO. It would simply suffer the same fate that other late ports did, few sales because those who wanted it already have it (and I doubt releasing it alongside PS4/XB1 versions, if those even exist, would make a difference).

User Info: Voysa_Reezun

Voysa_Reezun
2 years ago#12
I was just going to mention Body Harvest, which is a proto-GTA. Great game for those of you with N64s.

Did Chinatown Wars do well on DS? I picked it up day one and it was a fun throwback to GTA/GTA 2.

Nintendo would have to cut a deal to go in on dev costs, but for that to be worth it, it should be an exclusive to the WiiU. I kinda want to live in a world where Vice City 2 exists only on WiiU to watch everyone freak out.
Faves of last gen (360): 1. Alpha Protocol; 2. Sonic Generations; 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum; 4. Saints Row 2; 5. Fallout 3; Best DL: Costume Quest, Iron Brigade

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
2 years ago#13
Voysa_Reezun posted...
I was just going to mention Body Harvest, which is a proto-GTA. Great game for those of you with N64s.

Did Chinatown Wars do well on DS? I picked it up day one and it was a fun throwback to GTA/GTA 2.

Nintendo would have to cut a deal to go in on dev costs, but for that to be worth it, it should be an exclusive to the WiiU. I kinda want to live in a world where Vice City 2 exists only on WiiU to watch everyone freak out.

Chinatown Wars was awesome but didn't sell that great. I also got it day one. The game was pirated real bad though, I think I remember reading that.

Still have no idea why Rockstar did't port the PS2 GTA's to Wii, seemed like real easy money.

User Info: Oni_Taedo

Oni_Taedo
2 years ago#14
MilesTeg420 posted...
Voysa_Reezun posted...

Chinatown Wars was awesome but didn't sell that great. I also got it day one. The game was pirated real bad though, I think I remember reading that.

Still have no idea why Rockstar did't port the PS2 GTA's to Wii, seemed like real easy money.

San Andreas with pointer aiming?

*drools*
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking

User Info: EGMRULZ

EGMRULZ
2 years ago#15
Not happening. Get over it already. Please understand. :P
PC & Consoles > Everything

User Info: cris1ussen

cris1ussen
2 years ago#16
MilesTeg420 posted...
Voysa_Reezun posted...

Yep, Chinatown Wars was indeed a sucess but sadly thanks to the DS flashcards the game was pirated a lot, that was the reason that the game was released on PSP a few months later (originally the game was to be a DS exclusive)

Also the reason that the PS2 GTA games didn't came out on Wii was because Rockstar must re-licensing the Soundtrack again (and also re-program the game cuz the mandatory "motion controls")
3DS Code: 1547-5436-7425, Name: Cristian
AC:NL Dream Code: 4800-2167-4480

User Info: brohelm

brohelm
2 years ago#17
Nintendo used to have an exclusive deal with DMA Design, if I'm not mistaken
It's all in the mind, y'know.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin
2 years ago#18
cris1ussen posted...
Also the reason that the PS2 GTA games didn't came out on Wii was because Rockstar must re-licensing the Soundtrack again (and also re-program the game cuz the mandatory "motion controls")

This is plausible, but they still could have ported to Wii U. A compilation of III, Vice City and San Andreas, for example. The controls could have been standard, and Rockstar have re-licensed the soundtracks anyway for the Android and iOS versions of those games. I think that would have sold quite well... by Wii U standards... which of course is something that might not have been sufficient for Rockstar.

User Info: Oni_Taedo

Oni_Taedo
2 years ago#19
EGMRULZ posted...
Not happening. Get over it already. Please understand. :P

No.

How do you like dem oranges?

Yeah, I... uh... sure showed you!
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking

User Info: DDP886

DDP886
2 years ago#20
kdimm55 posted...
Just dont understand why they wont make one for the Wii U? Would love to play GTA on the gamepad....

One major reason is Gta requires a 8.7 gig install while the wiiu only has 8gigs...
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Grand Theft Auto for Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived