Grand Theft Auto for Wii U

#11Thunderbird8Posted 2/1/2014 3:18:34 PM
It's far too late to make a version for the Wii U, IMO. It would simply suffer the same fate that other late ports did, few sales because those who wanted it already have it (and I doubt releasing it alongside PS4/XB1 versions, if those even exist, would make a difference).
#12Voysa_ReezunPosted 2/1/2014 4:11:27 PM
I was just going to mention Body Harvest, which is a proto-GTA. Great game for those of you with N64s.

Did Chinatown Wars do well on DS? I picked it up day one and it was a fun throwback to GTA/GTA 2.

Nintendo would have to cut a deal to go in on dev costs, but for that to be worth it, it should be an exclusive to the WiiU. I kinda want to live in a world where Vice City 2 exists only on WiiU to watch everyone freak out.
---
Faves of last gen (360): 1. Alpha Protocol; 2. Sonic Generations; 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum; 4. Saints Row 2; 5. Fallout 3; Best DL: Costume Quest, Iron Brigade
#13MilesTeg420Posted 2/1/2014 4:17:43 PM
Voysa_Reezun posted...
I was just going to mention Body Harvest, which is a proto-GTA. Great game for those of you with N64s.

Did Chinatown Wars do well on DS? I picked it up day one and it was a fun throwback to GTA/GTA 2.

Nintendo would have to cut a deal to go in on dev costs, but for that to be worth it, it should be an exclusive to the WiiU. I kinda want to live in a world where Vice City 2 exists only on WiiU to watch everyone freak out.

Chinatown Wars was awesome but didn't sell that great. I also got it day one. The game was pirated real bad though, I think I remember reading that.

Still have no idea why Rockstar did't port the PS2 GTA's to Wii, seemed like real easy money.
#14Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2014 4:25:32 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Voysa_Reezun posted...

Chinatown Wars was awesome but didn't sell that great. I also got it day one. The game was pirated real bad though, I think I remember reading that.

Still have no idea why Rockstar did't port the PS2 GTA's to Wii, seemed like real easy money.

San Andreas with pointer aiming?

*drools*
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#15EGMRULZPosted 2/1/2014 4:27:10 PM
Not happening. Get over it already. Please understand. :P
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#16cris1ussenPosted 2/1/2014 4:28:47 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Voysa_Reezun posted...

Yep, Chinatown Wars was indeed a sucess but sadly thanks to the DS flashcards the game was pirated a lot, that was the reason that the game was released on PSP a few months later (originally the game was to be a DS exclusive)

Also the reason that the PS2 GTA games didn't came out on Wii was because Rockstar must re-licensing the Soundtrack again (and also re-program the game cuz the mandatory "motion controls")
---
3DS Code: 1547-5436-7425, Name: Cristian
AC:NL Dream Code: 4800-2167-4480
#17brohelmPosted 2/1/2014 5:02:00 PM
Nintendo used to have an exclusive deal with DMA Design, if I'm not mistaken
---
It's all in the mind, y'know.
#18EoinPosted 2/1/2014 5:14:24 PM
cris1ussen posted...
Also the reason that the PS2 GTA games didn't came out on Wii was because Rockstar must re-licensing the Soundtrack again (and also re-program the game cuz the mandatory "motion controls")

This is plausible, but they still could have ported to Wii U. A compilation of III, Vice City and San Andreas, for example. The controls could have been standard, and Rockstar have re-licensed the soundtracks anyway for the Android and iOS versions of those games. I think that would have sold quite well... by Wii U standards... which of course is something that might not have been sufficient for Rockstar.
#19Oni_TaedoPosted 2/1/2014 5:23:32 PM
EGMRULZ posted...
Not happening. Get over it already. Please understand. :P

No.

How do you like dem oranges?

Yeah, I... uh... sure showed you!
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#20DDP886Posted 2/3/2014 10:07:00 PM
kdimm55 posted...
Just dont understand why they wont make one for the Wii U? Would love to play GTA on the gamepad....

One major reason is Gta requires a 8.7 gig install while the wiiu only has 8gigs...
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR