Question about trading in Wii U at Gamestop

#11cloz1984Posted 2/2/2014 6:47:44 AM
king_madden posted...
What kind of trade in credit are they offering? My nephew wants to get rid of his, and I'm trying to see the best route.

You can check online but i think its 110 dlls, you're better selling it at ebay, amazon or craigs list.
---
Playing: W101, WW HD, FF awakening, MH3U, ALBW.
#12NovaLevossidaPosted 2/2/2014 6:54:06 AM
Best Buy only offers $30 for the basic, and $60 for the deluxe.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#13RemembrentPosted 2/2/2014 6:58:32 AM
Stop selling your **** to Gamestop.

Jesus, you guys take a huge hit doing this...
---
judgeroche might be the least knowledgeable Patriots fan on GameFAQs
#14fhsfootball74Posted 2/2/2014 7:01:18 AM
Remembrent posted...

I'm glad you sorted that out for everyone.
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#15hyjinx17Posted 2/2/2014 7:09:16 AM
Remembrent posted...

Yeah, but it's also easier just to walk in, say "I want to trade this in" and be done than worrying about listing and shipping it to someone.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#16king_maddenPosted 2/2/2014 7:09:56 AM
Remembrent posted...

Not really depending on the situation, and if you're a smart shopper trading in to gamestop can get you more or just as much as eBay or Amazon. Without having to wait days to see your return.
#17RemembrentPosted 2/2/2014 10:45:06 AM
king_madden posted...
Remembrent posted...

Not really depending on the situation, and if you're a smart shopper trading in to gamestop can get you more or just as much as eBay or Amazon. Without having to wait days to see your return.

There is literally 0 scenario where this is true.

People who defend Gamestop are probably people who really can't sell on eBay. Which is fine, but don't tell me that Gamestop is a better option. It's factually not true.
---
#18king_maddenPosted 2/2/2014 11:28:58 AM
Remembrent posted...
king_madden posted...
Remembrent posted...

People who defend Gamestop are probably people who really can't sell on eBay. Which is fine, but don't tell me that Gamestop is a better option. It's factually not true.

And you are factually incorrect. I've sold on eBay for close to 10 years now, I often buy off eBay and trade in to gamestop. I got black ops 2 for $20 on eBay when it was still $30 trade in credit at gamestop. Again, you have to shop SMART.

There are numerous bonuses that push tradar in credit to over $40, while they sell on eBay for the same.

But it's hard to point out positives to someone who admittedly doesn't even shop at gamestop. you probably will say something like "I/someone I know used to go there and got screwed". When that doesn't mean anything if they aren't smart shopping or don't care.
#19RemembrentPosted 2/2/2014 11:35:55 AM
king_madden posted...
Remembrent posted...
king_madden posted...
Remembrent posted...

And you are factually incorrect. I've sold on eBay for close to 10 years now, I often buy off eBay and trade in to gamestop. I got black ops 2 for $20 on eBay when it was still $30 trade in credit at gamestop. Again, you have to shop SMART.

There are numerous bonuses that push tradar in credit to over $40, while they sell on eBay for the same.

But it's hard to point out positives to someone who admittedly doesn't even shop at gamestop. you probably will say something like "I/someone I know used to go there and got screwed". When that doesn't mean anything if they aren't smart shopping or don't care.

And how to you get those bonuses? Mass trade-in, etc - right?
---
#20king_maddenPosted 2/2/2014 1:20:57 PM
Remembrent posted...
king_madden posted...
Remembrent posted...
king_madden posted...
Remembrent posted...

And how to you get those bonuses? Mass trade-in, etc - right?

Um no, they will have 50% trade in bonuses, as well as 30%. They do have some where you get more the more you trade in, but with the minimum usually being around $3 per it gets you a good deal too.

You can buy on eBay and trade in to gamestop for more quite often though. A common misconception is "sell on eBay and you're guaranteed to make more" which is false, time of day, and how you post matters.