I don't get why third parties don't sell well on WiiU

#61fool_breakaPosted 2/5/2014 1:07:38 PM
Big_Isaac posted...
The reason 3rd parties tend to sell poorly on Nintendo consoles i two-fold
1) in the WiiU's case, there have been a TON of extremely ****y and lazy ports of last-gen games. Obviously those aren't going to sell well when the previous-gen versions are running better and have more content
2) Nintendo systems tend to be Nintendo delivery stations for a lot of the buyers, as in they buy Nintendo systems mainly to play Nintendo games.

I agree but I also think that lazy ports also has to do with development time and costs especially if problems arise with the development kits that are not addressed by Nintendo in a timely manner. Also if there are specific development details that are not given, or at least in a timely manner, like how to make the best use of your hardware given how most games at this moment use hardware then that is an extra task added to the development time and costs.
#62Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/5/2014 3:22:13 PM
RedBullWings posted...
Mr_Yooj posted...
Because nobody has one.

The answer was in the first response. Why did anyone else contribute?

Please undastand
#63UsabellPosted 2/5/2014 3:47:57 PM
Because of quality control, or lack thereof. I just can't stand playing games that just feel half-baked to me anymore, they've been doing this since the N64/PS1 days and this needs to stop. Bring back the same quality or better than on SNES, no matter how "bad" the graphics will be, no more jerky motion or bad controls because of framerate drops please, this is so 1997.
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#64SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/5/2014 3:59:18 PM
fernantendo posted...
Speaking just on Mass Effect 3, I really wanted to buy that game for WiiU. But a month before it released, EA announced the Mass Effect Trilogy.

I was so confused. Why didn't WiiU owners get that version?

Anyways, I decided to go with the trilogy, and leave ME3U (and the WiiU) for later. Except later EA said the Citadel DLC (the best DLC for Mass Effect 3, and for the entire series really) would not be coming to WiiU.

Is like EA expects WiiU owners to be retarded or something. They couldn't even release the full game plus DLC for it. They expected us to pay $60 for an old, incomplete game at the same time they are releasing a trilogy pack for the other consoles at the same price???

You better believe that Super Mario Bros U looked like a much better option.

Because no one that wasn't a nintendo diehard cared enough to buy a wii u, that's why. Even nintendo fans are still waiting for a suitable amount of games before they spend their money on a new console. The developer's didn't make the Wii U, they didn't make people misunderstand what the Wii U was, they didn't make people NOT buy a Wii U. So how are they to blame for not wanting to spend more money to program for the gamepad, or put games on a console that no one bought, or that the buyers don't like 3rd party games anyway?
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#65sotttPosted 2/6/2014 10:10:49 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
king_madden posted...
AceMos posted...
becuse they offer gimped ports with cut content and dotn offer the DLC makign consumer snot want the wii u version

Isn't it weird that dlc is often viewed as bad, and content we don't need, and some Nintendo fans praise Nintendo for not being dlc heavy, but when a game doesn't sell, not getting the hated dlc is one of the main reasons.

Ah, an uneducated.

Well, good sir, allow me to teach you the Ninten-Do.
The way of Ninten, my good sir.

You see, while we do not dislike the downloadable content itself, but rather, the paying for it.
We praise Nintendo games for not having it, simply because they do not need it, and feel complete as is.
Paying the rather hefty price of $60, entitles us to a full, complete game, and not a game with missing content that is to be resold to use at a later date.
You can tell, games like Pikmin 3 and NSMBU were pretty well polished, and DLC was an after thought.

However, with something like Arkham City, an Origins, it's rather apparent that Harley Quinn's Revenge, and Cold Cold Heart were intended to be part of the game, but for whatever reason, be it time constraints, or to make a quick buck, most likely the latter, was cut from the main game.

You can bet that if all games were $30-40, we wouldn't mind as much.
I love DLC, but I've only paid for it on Steam, and never on PSN. I paid $15 for Saints Row 3 and bought all the story DLC, coming to $40-60 all together.

It's like when a game is incredibly violent and gory. We do not mind the gore and violence. But rather the fact that there is simply no need for it, when a simple hitspark animation would suffice.
Gore isn't needed unless it adds something to the gameplay, like in the new Mortal Kombat.

Another thing is Achievements/Trophies. It isn't that we don't want them. We simply do not see a reason to them.

Now go, and spread education among your savage people.
No need to thank me, sir, simply doing Arceus' work.

You are awesome. And btw is the pikmin dlc paid?
#66king_maddenPosted 2/6/2014 11:20:58 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
king_madden posted...
AceMos posted...
becuse they offer gimped ports with cut content and dotn offer the DLC makign consumer snot want the wii u version

Isn't it weird that dlc is often viewed as bad, and content we don't need, and some Nintendo fans praise Nintendo for not being dlc heavy, but when a game doesn't sell, not getting the hated dlc is one of the main reasons.

Ah, an uneducated.

Well, good sir, allow me to teach you the Ninten-Do.
The way of Ninten, my good sir.

You see, while we do not dislike the downloadable content itself, but rather, the paying for it.
We praise Nintendo games for not having it, simply because they do not need it, and feel complete as is.
Paying the rather hefty price of $60, entitles us to a full, complete game, and not a game with missing content that is to be resold to use at a later date.
You can tell, games like Pikmin 3 and NSMBU were pretty well polished, and DLC was an after thought.

However, with something like Arkham City, an Origins, it's rather apparent that Harley Quinn's Revenge, and Cold Cold Heart were intended to be part of the game, but for whatever reason, be it time constraints, or to make a quick buck, most likely the latter, was cut from the main game.

You can bet that if all games were $30-40, we wouldn't mind as much.
I love DLC, but I've only paid for it on Steam, and never on PSN. I paid $15 for Saints Row 3 and bought all the story DLC, coming to $40-60 all together.

It's like when a game is incredibly violent and gory. We do not mind the gore and violence. But rather the fact that there is simply no need for it, when a simple hitspark animation would suffice.
Gore isn't needed unless it adds something to the gameplay, like in the new Mortal Kombat.

Another thing is Achievements/Trophies. It isn't that we don't want them. We simply do not see a reason to them.

Now go, and spread education among your savage people.
No need to thank me, sir, simply doing Arceus' work.

lol this was a lot of typing to just say "i dont understand dlc either and i agree with you".

i will ask this though, since you know so much oh wise one, why do you think some dlc doesnt make it to the wiiu? i mean surely if dlc is just content pulled form the game then clearly it wasnt part of the dlc budget and wouldnt cost them much to push it to wiiu.

oh and you know any game will feel finished when they tend to not have dlc, any game that doesnt have dlc no matter how bare it is, will feel full because there is no extra content.

if harley quinns revenge was never mentioned theres a very small chance people wouldve played the game and said "you know it feels like some side quests are missing". thats the magic of fanboy thoughts on dlc, very easily swayed either way. i dont get any dlc other than whatever is free, and none of the games ive beat have felt "incomplete".

what makes you feel like harley and cold cold, "shouldve" been included? other than the usual "everything should always be included even if made separately" thought process?
#67ssjgohhkuPosted 2/8/2014 8:55:27 AM
Non Nintendo games dont matter and lack quality.