Nintendo has a soul and I support them

#1loki0078Posted 2/2/2014 2:58:48 AM
Despite the frustration of poor online, poor communication between friends and way too long for updates and next installments, Nintendo is SUCH a unique company. I have so much TOUGH love for them, but love nonetheless, for all the Zeldas, Marios, Starfoxes, and everything else that they SET THE BAR with.

The WiiU may not (by a long shot) cover ALL home console bases (specs, 3rd parties etc) but having Nintendo in the video game ecosystem is totally necessary. Last gen i had 2 systems, and so will i this gen. I think im up for the PS4. I HATE that Microsoft tried to murder game ownership rights. I will NEVER support them again because this IS where they want to lead gaming, and i'll have no part in it.

Without Nintendo its ALL corporate soulLESSness. They are far from perfect at the moment but im onboard with supporting the big N through this messy period. Just give me VC games to buy between your big games and you'll have my $ Ninty.
#2WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/2/2014 3:23:40 AM
Nintendo is no differenet then any other company. They want to make money and thats it, every decision is only about money not you. They are just as souless as any other company.
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#3loki0078(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 3:34:11 AM
I am pretty cynical, and ofcourse they have a big eye on the dollar, but i disagree. Why then havent they gone the route of zombies, car jacking pedestrians and murdering whatever other army your machine gunning? Nope, they have a distinct streak of history. I will add, very confidently, that their games and innovations hit closer to art more regularly than any other competing company. They really have no equal. They are far from perfect, but if the big 3 were in a burning building and i could only save 1, i would definitely save Nintendo.
#4LvthnPosted 2/2/2014 4:07:10 AM
loki0078 posted...
I am pretty cynical, and ofcourse they have a big eye on the dollar, but i disagree. Why then havent they gone the route of zombies, car jacking pedestrians and murdering whatever other army your machine gunning?

Zombi U (exclusive no less)
CoD: Ghosts
Can't carjack a pedestrian, trick question

They actually have gone down that road, just not as a first party - but neither Sony or MS have a ton of FPS, zombie, or GTA first party games either, and Nintendo's AAA first party output is almost entirely based on existing franchises, which is likely why you haven't seen them put out any games of that nature. Certainly not because they still have any qualms about it, they clearly got over that about 20 years ago when Sega started bludgeoning them in the teen and up market with their much more lax censorship.

I guess the real question is, what is it that you think other companies are actually lacking? MS has fairly limited first party output compared to the other two, but have you looked at Sony's first and second party catalogue? It's not nearly as stereotypical as it's made out to be by some on this board. Not trying to talk you out of liking Nintendo, just curious why you think they're any different. Unless your criteria is simply "they have Mario" which is a little unfair, like disliking a cartoon because it didn't have Mickey Mouse.
#5loki0078(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 4:45:27 AM
Can't carjack a pedestrian

Haha! Okay, true, true. Point taken lol. GTA reference. Sub it for beating a hooker to death, then lol.

Good points. It's hard to pin down. I like that they are family oriented (even though i had a 2nd console and will again for more adult stuff, of which, i love). I like that their games are generally the peak of the craft. I like the general art direction. The fun and whimsy. The gamecube controller, the balance board, the 3DS, the motion controls, even the gamepad, all these innovations. I guess i respect the balls it took to be different and buck trends by creating their own. THAT is maybe what i referenced as "soul" or heart. This is why i think Nintendo is so valuable.

Ofcourse a part of me wishes i could have just one system, that did it all with bleeding edge tech AND retained the Nintendo heart and was less of a toy AND was made by Nintendo, but it doesnt mean they are some perpetual loser or something (which, no, no one has said). Its just that all i hear is bash, bash, bash Ninty, and i wanted to toss out some respect.

Even if a big part of me yearns for more breadthe than they provide, an equal part really wants them to succeed, and i hope i help them to.
#6JohnColtrane64Posted 2/2/2014 7:03:37 AM
loki0078 posted...
Can't carjack a pedestrian

Haha! Okay, true, true. Point taken lol. GTA reference. Sub it for beating a hooker to death, then lol.

Good points. It's hard to pin down. I like that they are family oriented (even though i had a 2nd console and will again for more adult stuff, of which, i love). I like that their games are generally the peak of the craft. I like the general art direction. The fun and whimsy. The gamecube controller, the balance board, the 3DS, the motion controls, even the gamepad, all these innovations. I guess i respect the balls it took to be different and buck trends by creating their own. THAT is maybe what i referenced as "soul" or heart. This is why i think Nintendo is so valuable.

Ofcourse a part of me wishes i could have just one system, that did it all with bleeding edge tech AND retained the Nintendo heart and was less of a toy AND was made by Nintendo, but it doesnt mean they are some perpetual loser or something (which, no, no one has said). Its just that all i hear is bash, bash, bash Ninty, and i wanted to toss out some respect.

Even if a big part of me yearns for more breadthe than they provide, an equal part really wants them to succeed, and i hope i help them to.

I'm with you TC, Nintendo makes the world a better place. We need to do just one thing to help save Nintendo: not answer to trolls
#7sharinaginPosted 2/2/2014 7:09:58 AM
Stop white knighting corporations. They have paid PR people to do that for them.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#8JohnColtrane64Posted 2/2/2014 7:14:38 AM
sharinagin posted...
Stop white knighting corporations. They have paid PR people to do that for them.

Have they?
Yet we, who love games, treat companies as soccer clubs and pretend to defend by writing massive arguments against trolls. You can't argue with trolls, can you?

Thing is, neutral or positive posts don't get continuation except when there is something to fight over. And normally that is started by...you guessed...trolls

So...public opinion about the wiiu will better as long as we speak only about the good things it has. I want the wiiu to succeed, I want games
#9WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/2/2014 8:28:09 AM
JohnColtrane64 posted...
sharinagin posted...

Have they?
Yet we, who love games, treat companies as soccer clubs and pretend to defend by writing massive arguments against trolls. You can't argue with trolls, can you?

Thing is, neutral or positive posts don't get continuation except when there is something to fight over. And normally that is started by...you guessed...trolls

So...public opinion about the wiiu will better as long as we speak only about the good things it has. I want the wiiu to succeed, I want games

Today alone i have seen more arguing started by the "regulars" who are constantly calling others trolls or ponies
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#10JohnColtrane64Posted 2/2/2014 10:34:45 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
JohnColtrane64 posted...
sharinagin posted...

Have they?

Today alone i have seen more arguing started by the "regulars" who are constantly calling others trolls or ponies

Yep, I'm on a troll hunt and you sir are one of those. Go play your sony games and never come back. I also have a ps3 and I don't go there trolling