Why was the Wii U called out so much for post-launch software support...

#1WraithX_959Posted 2/2/2014 5:02:30 AM
when the Xbox One and PS4 have arguably worst post launch software support?

Seriously there weren't that many big games at launch of either console and the only big games on the horizon for either are Titanfall and Infamous. Double standard much?
#2SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/2/2014 5:08:11 AM
Yeah, double standard. A console that's a year old can easily be compared two consoles that are just over 2 months old when it comes to post-launch games. Why does the Wii U still NOT have games at this time? PS4/XB1 have plenty of 3rd party support already. Wii U has a little after 14 months that's not kickstarter junk that could take another 2 years to get made if at all.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#3tErD_LiNkPosted 2/2/2014 5:08:19 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xboxone/releases

That plus Peggle 2 and Tomb Raider (which already released post-launch). That's actually a pretty good lineup for the first 6 months.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#4WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/2/2014 5:08:43 AM
Infamous, MGS5 GZ, driveclub, outlast, thief all in the next two to three months plus many indie games. While also already having killzone, dead rising, Ki, Forza resogun, nba2k, battlefield, Ac4, COD and tomb raider. Hmm seems much different to me
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#5LinetrixPosted 2/2/2014 5:14:14 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
Infamous, MGS5 GZ, driveclub, outlast, thief all in the next two to three months plus many indie games. While also already having killzone, dead rising, Ki, Forza resogun, nba2k, battlefield, Ac4, COD and tomb raider. Hmm seems much different to me

Checkmate.
---
Accusing others of making death threats isn't offensive. Accusing someone of doing 9/11 is because it was in America. - GameFAQs admin
#6WraithX_959(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 5:29:57 AM
Linetrix posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...

Checkmate.

Not really, you really gonna count last gen ports? Not to mention that's a combined list of both platforms. Seems more like someone is trying to fluff up the list of games.

Also, for the record I never said Nintendo's post lineup was good. I was simply stating that Microsoft and Sony aren't getting called out anywhere near as much as Nintendo. I listen to gaming podcast on a weekly basis, and people in the gaming industry/media are already talking about how there systems are just sitting there collecting dust.

I will admit I missed Metal Gear and Destiny, but I honestly don't care about either of those games, not to mention if I was really disparate to play either of those games I could play them on my 360. None of the games currently released on the X1 or PS4 justify the price of entry.
#7WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/2/2014 5:33:42 AM
WraithX_959 posted...
Linetrix posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...

Checkmate.

Not really, you really gonna count last gen ports? Not to mention that's a combined list of both platforms. Seems more like someone is trying to fluff up the list of games.

Also, for the record I never said Nintendo's post lineup was good. I was simply stating that Microsoft and Sony aren't getting called out anywhere near as much as Nintendo. I listen to gaming podcast on a weekly basis, and people in the gaming industry/media are already talking about how there systems are just sitting there collecting dust.

I will admit I missed Metal Gear and Destiny, but I honestly don't care about either of those games, not to mention if I was really disparate to play either of those games I could play them on my 360. None of the games currently released on the X1 or PS4 justify the price of entry.

No you said x1 and ps4 so i gave you games for both systems, plus those are all games and they are all on those systems so those are games for that system. Stop trying to make up your own criteria for what counts as a game for a system. Face it both systems are out performing the wiiu plain and simple, i also left out alot of games coming out in the next 6-12 months so there will be even more games then just those that are releasing in 2-3 months.
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 2/2/2014 5:34:50 AM
Because we expect better from Nintendo, that's why.
#9godplaysSNESPosted 2/2/2014 5:36:52 AM
The Wii U missed out on big games like Dishonored, Bioshock, GTAV and BF4. And almost all games that did get released for it were worse than on the 360.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#10tErD_LiNkPosted 2/2/2014 5:41:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]