#31sjc1279Posted 2/2/2014 8:51:05 AM
donkeyjack posted...
Endgame posted...
Dreamcast was ahead of its time, had a strong launch, and had some good games

Wii U is behind the times, had a weak launch, and has no good games

STOP INSULTING DREAMCAST BY LIKENING WII U TO IT

Wow, great post by you.

Co-signed

agreed. Honestly Dreamcast had better games than Wii U.
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#32INKU48Posted 2/2/2014 8:53:32 AM
As long as it gets Shenmue 3 I will always be happy I bought one.
---
I own a Vita and a Wii U, bite me.
#33JackalPosted 2/2/2014 9:16:18 AM
The Dreamcast was a great system but Sega made some mistakes. They had a built in modem, I think? I'll have to check mine and see. They had some good online features for the time. They used proprietary disc that didn't allow for normal media to be played (that's DVDs). They had good support and games to boot. What they didn't have was everyone's trust.

On top of the whole Saturn debacle, when the PS2 was announced and it played games and media that was a huge plus for a lot of people at the time. Sony glamoured the world with Squall and Rinoa dancing and The Bouncer with the Emotion Engine. They system would have a modem and be able to use two version of hdd storage. It had games and support riding in on the success wave of PS1, "The Saturn Killer." But IMO the DC was on equal ground if not better than the PS2 but we know how the story ends.

The Wii U. Riding in on the Wii wave. A system on a tsunami of casual support with it's motion controller and super family friendly group playing games. It worked very well for Nintendo despite them ignoring the entire planets move to HD. No media disc playback and mediocre online. The Wii U should have been the Wii. Why? Because that the generation level that it seems to be targeted at. The PS3/360. Except they tried to jump on the tablet scene with a device that isn't really "portable" and has very limited use. Their online system I can't speak of because I don't have one to check it out but it sounds like it's like the Wii's online with a few inclusions like Miiverse. And then there are the games.

When the Wii U was announced 3rd parties had those NDA neckbands placed on them so they would explode if they divulged what they were doing for the system. Nintendo had an info blackout that left everyone in the dark because they feared that their systems would be stolen by the competition they they always deny that they have. They results? Crap. All of that time they could have been giving us news and keeping us informed to keep us interested was wasted. When some companies did start to speak of things they were "great". Remember how fast Darksiders II was up and running with PC like graphics? How people wanted to wait an extra year to play Batman: AC for the Armored Edition so they can use the GP for menus and control the remote batarang?

Games got delayed. Games went multiplat. Bad marketing. Low console sales. Year one price cuts. Exclusives not selling well because of the low user base. More delays. Multiplat features gimped and removed. GP being under utilized. Unclear online stance. And management that likes to play with bananas while telling us to please understand. Then some people are pointing fingers at everyone but Nintendo. Amazing.

Nintendo is the odd man out this generation. Sony and MS have structured their systems like PC's and hey are so similar that games can and will get ported across platforms and developers will find making games for them a lot easier than the Wii U because of their hardware. They aren't forced to make provisions for the GP either. Yes, you have the Kinect and PS4 camera (does it have a name?) but they both also have normal controls that devs will simply map to. The systems cost more than the Wii U but apparently people see value in them for what they offer and the support that they have in the pipeline. Some people just don't feel the same way about the Wii U. Even at its lower price point, the hardware and support for the system just isn't worth its current price.

Does this mean the end of the Wii U? Not really. Nintendo can salvage this system but I don't think that it will be as successful and the GC. And now that those rose colored glasses are off and the flame of failure have been lit under their asses they are spiting out all of their "secrets" and don't care who steals them. Quality of Life? W..T...F!!!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#34darkjedilinkPosted 2/2/2014 9:33:17 AM
sjc1279 posted...
donkeyjack posted...
Endgame posted...

Wow, great post by you.

Co-signed

Which only goes to prove that modern gamers don't care about games or gameplay, only dem graphix.
---
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.
#35RetsuZaiZenPosted 2/2/2014 9:34:55 AM
darkjedilink posted...
sjc1279 posted...
donkeyjack posted...
Endgame posted...

Wow, great post by you.

Co-signed

Which only goes to prove that modern gamers don't care about games or gameplay, only dem graphix.

Fortunately most modern systems allow gamers to get "games/gameplay" AND "dem graphix".
---
Why do nerdsalways get caught up on the details?
http://i.imgur.com/dntQM.gif http://i.imgur.com/9gNcUGM.gif http://i.imgur.com/bH8vq3f.jpg
#36LifelessBoyPosted 2/2/2014 9:43:59 AM
squatch22 posted...
tErD_LiNk posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...

welcome to the ignore list, this just shows that people like you rather discuss who is a troll or who only post negative news instead of actually discussing topics. I think i have the only post in here that is actually trying to discuss the article instead of the constant bashing you see here

How to respond to honest criticism about Wii U:

1. Attack the person who posted the article.
2. Change the subject to Sony
3. Attack the person who wrote the article.
4. Claim the article is "poorly written" without explaining why
99. Actually discuss what the article says

How to respond to a positive Wii U topic :

"PS4 4.2 million u salty braaaahhhh!"

I see you are following his list. Good job at proving his point.

lel
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/LifelessFather/stats/424981216/ps4/ GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessFather - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko
#37d99dPosted 2/2/2014 9:54:34 AM
The Dreamcast was a lot better of a console than the WiiU, in fact it was SEGA's best console since the Mega Drive/Genesis.

Even when the PS2 and GC were around, DC was still THE go to console for fighting games (I still play 3rd Strike on it), and SEGA's excellent Sports Games (better than EA's titles, imo).
It also had a decent number of JRPGS, Racing Games, Jump'n'Runs, Arcade Shooting Games (Virtua Cop/HotD2) and so on.

So why did it fail?

SEGA was in way worse shape than Nintendo is now, with all of their previous consoles/handhelds since the Mega Drive being failures (Sega CD, Sega 32X, Game Gear, Saturn), and Sony had all the hype, having the back-then still amazing Final Fantasy Series and coming from the huge success of the PS1.

Sega didn't need a good console (like the Dreamcast), Sega needed a small miracle. This, on top of the quarrels between SEGA America (which, afaik, later formed the XBOX Gaming division) and SEGA Japan sealed the DC's fate.

The difference between the Dreamcast and the WiiU is that even back then, with the DC "failing" no one was arguing that it wasn't a fantastic console. The WiiU on the other hand, is a pretty mediocre console that is carried by the fact that Nintendo can still shell out fantastic first party titles.
#38darkjedilinkPosted 2/2/2014 9:56:48 AM
RetsuZaiZen posted...
Fortunately most modern systems allow gamers to get "games/gameplay" AND "dem graphix".

Not compared to last gen.
---
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.
#39mjc0961Posted 2/2/2014 9:58:11 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
There is a difference.

The Dreamcast's life cycle lasted two years and a half, and it got at least 6 relevant JRPGs (Skies of Arcadia, Record of Lodoss War, Grandia II, Phantasy Star Online, Time Stalkers, Elemental Gimmick Gear).

The Wii U is 1 year and a month old and it has no JRPGs.

That's 1,5 more JRPGs per semester on the Dreamcast. Thanks, Iwata!

Oh no, no JRPGs? That's the only genre of video game! How terrible.

F***ing JRPG only casuals. The world doesn't revolved around the only genre you'll play.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#40IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/2/2014 10:00:25 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
stargazer64 posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
stargazer64 posted...
The real origin of the butthurt here is the massive, atomic butthurt that causes someone to only post negative news and troll on a message board.

Care to share your origin story, tc?

Funny how this is all all of you are talking about instead of discussing the article which is a valid article with very valid points. You all seem just as bad and this is how most topics i see go. All of you are so eager to jump on someone that you yourselves never discuss anything liek alot of people say they want to do on this board

You can share your butthurt story later. Let the tc share, please.

welcome to the ignore list, this just shows that people like you rather discuss who is a troll or who only post negative news instead of actually discussing topics. I think i have the only post in here that is actually trying to discuss the article instead of the constant bashing you see here

So basically you can't handle being called out, so you toss the guy doing the calling out in ignore. Dude, you are siding with a known troll who has contributed NOTHING to this board other than the sewage seeping from his topics. That alone right there is enough for me not to take you seriously when you get pissed off about it.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973