First half 2014 looks even more dire than 2013.

#1fhsfootball74Posted 2/2/2014 6:55:59 AM
We get Donkey Kong this month, and Mario Kart sometime in May. Is this really it? Usually if a game is coming out within the next 3 months it will have at least a rough release time.

What's the excuse for a console going into it's second full year to have so few games coming out? Surely Nintendo can't expect it's fans to wait for the holiday season AGAIN?

PS4 has inFamous, Driveclub, MLB:The Show, Thief, MGS Ground Zeroes, Rayman Legends, Final Fantasy XIV in that same time frame and it's not even 6 months old...
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#2BongbuddyPosted 2/2/2014 6:58:58 AM
fhsfootball74 posted...
Surely Nintendo can't expect it's fans to wait for the holiday AGAIN?

I guess you don't know Nintendo very well.
---
GT: HeavyMetalSonic
#3DeodorantSprayPosted 2/2/2014 6:59:11 AM
The result of no 3rd party support.
---
when my d is ready it attracts black holes
#4fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 6:59:59 AM
This isn't even me being a fanboy for a particular console, I own all 3 now having just bought an Xbox One. I've had a Wii U since winter 2012 and have enjoyed the console and thought it had some great albeit few games. It's just sort of disheartening to see a console going into it's second year with less certainty than it had going into it's first.
---
#5Clayton_BigsbePosted 2/2/2014 7:00:14 AM
Shhh, you're going to be called a fanboy, or worse names. You can't speak any truths around these parts.
---
The poster formally known as Tuggboat1121 and ResidentEvil1988
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 2/2/2014 7:03:29 AM
I'm going to rent Mario Kart (because I don't know if it's going to piss me off like MK Wii or if it's going to please me like MK64) and DK, but there's really nothing that I want to buy on the Wii U until Smash. Possibly X later on, but we'll have to see how that goes. As it is, my game purchases are all going to be PS4 titles and last gen titles that the Wii U isn't getting this year (Dark Souls 2, Castlevania, Deception, etc.).
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus
#7sharinaginPosted 2/2/2014 7:04:23 AM
C'mon guys, there'll be three games of note this year from Nintendo. It'll be a rousing success.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#8fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 7:14:16 AM
sharinagin posted...
C'mon guys, there'll be three games of note this year from Nintendo. It'll be a rousing success.

That's what I'm afraid of.
---
#9sjc1279Posted 2/2/2014 7:20:27 AM
Probably few indie games or vc games bdtween dk and mario kart. Its february already and I dont think they have any secret rrtail games releasing next 3 month.
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#10stargazer64Posted 2/2/2014 7:27:42 AM
There are some good looking indie games that will arrive with little advance notice.

Shovel Knight is in March.
---
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations