I really don't get the circular logic of some third parties

#1OnePieceFanPosted 2/2/2014 8:10:06 AM(edited)
Third parties seem to avoid the Wii U because they think the games that they release won't do well on it. Then, in an attempt at appeasing to Nintendo fans, they half-ass a release for the Wii U, cutting out entire modes, or severely downgrading the graphics, and they blame the consumers for that version of the game selling poorly. They then use that as justification to avoid releasing games for the Wii U.

Take Arkham Origins, for example, where they cut out the entire multiplayer portion of the game and claimed that there wasn't enough demand for DLC for the Wii U version (when the DLC included content such as skins for the multiplayer mode). Or Rayman Legends, where they delayed the game because they claim it would sell better as a multi-platform release, then push it to the week that GTA5 comes out, ensuring that it will sell poorly when put up against that behemoth. Despite all of that, the Wii U version of the game still sold the best in spite of the delay.

Maybe, just maybe, people would buy third-party titles for the Wii U (or buy a Wii U in general) if developers actually put the same amount of effort into the Wii U versions of games that they put into the versions for the other systems.
---
http://s8.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_MUGEN/index/ - One Piece: Grand Line Bout (fangame covering the series prior to the timeskip)
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 2/2/2014 8:10:53 AM
you are overly confusing yourself. its as simple as this, it isnt worth their time and money to make a wii u version of a game they produce using pc, ps4, xbox one graphics, to then make a watered down weaker version with gamepad support (costing even more time and money) on a system with low sales numbers.
#3TransdudePosted 2/2/2014 8:15:01 AM
TC, explain why games like Darksiders II, Black Ops II, Assassin's Creed 4, and CoD: Ghosts didn't sell well.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#4tErD_LiNkPosted 2/2/2014 8:15:12 AM
*sigh*

First of all, the Rayman Legends thing was a direct response to ZombiU flopping (which as you might remember was an original third-party IP that DID have a lot of effort put into it, and used the gamepad extensively). And it looks like a smart move because it sold more on PS3. AND it was launched 2 weeks before GTA V, not at the same time.

If you want to see a game that got screwed by releasing head-to-head with GTA V, look at Wonderful 101.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#5FayeLadyPosted 2/2/2014 8:17:49 AM
Developers are just being stretched way to thin already to support the Wii U. Between the old consoles with huge userbases still buying games, the new consoles with rapidly growing userbases very hungry for games, and the hard to tame market that is mobile, there is just no resources to allocate elsewhere.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6RoyalDroneXPosted 2/2/2014 8:21:10 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
you are overly confusing yourself. its as simple as this, it isnt worth their time and money to make a wii u version of a game they produce using pc, ps4, xbox one graphics, to then make a watered down weaker version with gamepad support (costing even more time and money) on a system with low sales numbers.

not much, word of mouth also ruined many third party games for the release. Alien: Colonial Marines was an example of how bad it was (and the Wii U dodged that bullet). Other games have issues not just with the gamepad but also Nintendo's stance on paid DLC content
---
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9017-6003 DC:5400-2358-7574
Pokemon:Growlithe Slugma Fletchinder
#7king_maddenPosted 2/2/2014 8:24:08 AM
Can we put to bed the whole "it sold poorly due to gta v" . No WiiU games suffered from that. Especially sionce none of those games are even the sane genre, and gta even release on wiiu. There were quite a few games that released around gta that sold well and they cane out on the consoles it was actually on.
#8FayeLadyPosted 2/2/2014 8:31:02 AM
RoyalDroneX posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

not much, word of mouth also ruined many third party games for the release. Alien: Colonial Marines was an example of how bad it was (and the Wii U dodged that bullet). Other games have issues not just with the gamepad but also Nintendo's stance on paid DLC content

Thats a bad example as that game still sold much better than several Wii U exclusives people rave about. Its really a case of any publicity is good publicity.

I think a better example is the Xbone. Yes, people were divisive on that console but that fact kept it in current conversation.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#9IcedEarthaholicPosted 2/2/2014 8:51:03 AM
king_madden posted...
Can we put to bed the whole "it sold poorly due to gta v" . No WiiU games suffered from that. Especially sionce none of those games are even the sane genre, and gta even release on wiiu. There were quite a few games that released around gta that sold well and they cane out on the consoles it was actually on.

Translation: I can't hear you! Bla bla bla bla bla! Can't hear you!
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#10CyricsServantPosted 2/2/2014 8:54:13 AM
OnePieceFan posted...
Maybe, just maybe, people would buy third-party titles for the Wii U (or buy a Wii U in general) if developers actually put the same amount of effort into the Wii U versions of games that they put into the versions for the other systems.

*Looks at the sales of No More Heroes 2, A Boy and His Blob, Red Steel 2, Little King's Story, Fragile Dreams, Zack & Wiki, and a number of other well-reviewed 3rd party Wii exclusives*

Maybe . . . but I kind of doubt it.