a few games that are great, that people are ignoring

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 2/2/2014 9:38:38 AM(edited)
Sonic Lost World - this game is great, as good as, if not better than Sonic Colors. To me it IS better than Sonic Colors. It's an exclusive, with great graphics and a great soundtrack and good challenge if you go for 100% completion. It has a well crafted story that is entertaining and fun just like Sonic Colors, without being convoluted or bad like the older Sonic games (especially Unleashed, and Sonic '06) it doesn't utilize the Pro controller, but it does utilize the Gamepad fairly well. you have a mini map telling you how long until a level is over on the gamepad, you can swap to offscreen play, and you can optionally use gyrosensor controls. I'm having a lot of fun with this game, it's well balanced between exploration and speed running, and you can do either one. I hope it doesn't get written off, because it's one of the better modern Sonic games out there, no boost-to-win crap, just pure gameplay, exploration, and speed. And it doesn't overuse the Colors morphing gimmicks, though they're still used here occasionally. IMO this game is second only to Generations in modern Sonic titles thus far.

New Super Mario Bros U - while it does reuse some elements, this game is gianormous..it is longer than Super Mario 3D World, it is the only NSMB game with HD graphics, it is the BEST NSMB game to date. Because it's another NSMB people might write it off, but it is the definitive and finest in that series. It's a shame that people are overlooking this one, it has lots of secrets, its much more challenging than the other NSMB games, i feel like it is complete, and all other NSMB were just beta games, to get to produce this one. The Flying Squirrel powerup is the most skillful and best powerup in mario yet. So to say this is the best modern version of 2D mario is a lot, for people to just write off. Even if you master all of the challenges and 100% complete this game, NSLU is even harder and more challenging. This game is great and should not go overlooked simply because its NSMB again.. it has its own world map with loads of secret exits, akin to Super Mario World. Even standard levels can be challenging to get all 3 star coins. Make sure you turn off miiverse functionality though, nobody wants to hear kids complain the levels are "too hard" this is actually a fairly difficult game for the casual fan, so NSMB casual fans might actually be disapointed, this is more of a gamer game than one would expect (unless you're going for just straight completion without all coins then its moderate to easy)
#2sharinaginPosted 2/2/2014 9:39:24 AM
Funky Barn.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#3BongbuddyPosted 2/2/2014 9:41:43 AM(edited)
Those are two of the biggest games out on Wii U, in two of the most well known franchises. They're hardly ignored. Also they're both terrible entries in their series.
---
GT: HeavyMetalSonic
#4TransdudePosted 2/2/2014 9:40:07 AM
TC, NSMBU is the best selling Wii U games
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#5BongbuddyPosted 2/2/2014 9:40:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 9:42:55 AM(edited)
Transdude posted...

well it is bundled with the system, but i can guarantee you a lot of ppl are not purchasing it because it is A) full price, and B) another NSMB game...i can see a lot of people passing this great title by, simply because it's another NSMB game, but i really do think its a lot better than the three other ones. It feels like this is the one they should have released, rather than NSMB 2...it would be a travesty if someone bought NSMB 2 and chose to ignore this due to burn out. those games feel pathetic to this one, because this one actually challenges me, it took me by surprise. i actually find this game harder than 3D World, whereas older NSMB i would find it laughable if anyone found those games difficult.
#7b1gt0nePosted 2/2/2014 9:43:49 AM
W101, ZombiU
#8TransdudePosted 2/2/2014 9:43:53 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Transdude posted...

well it is bundled with the system, but i can guarantee you a lot of ppl are not purchasing it because it is A) full price, and B) another NSMB game...i can see a lot of people passing this great title by, simply because it's another NSMB game, but i really do think its a lot better than the three other ones. It feels like this is the one they should have released, rather than NSMB 2...it would be a travesty if someone bought NSMB 2 and chose to ignore this due to burn out.

It has been the best selling game even before the bundle.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#9Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2014 9:46:44 AM
Transdude posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
Transdude posted...

well it is bundled with the system, but i can guarantee you a lot of ppl are not purchasing it because it is A) full price, and B) another NSMB game...i can see a lot of people passing this great title by, simply because it's another NSMB game, but i really do think its a lot better than the three other ones. It feels like this is the one they should have released, rather than NSMB 2...it would be a travesty if someone bought NSMB 2 and chose to ignore this due to burn out.

It has been the best selling game even before the bundle.

ok fine, sonic lost world is great though i dont see why ppl complained, its better than colors was. they overused the wisps in that game and it became too gimmicky. i feel its more balanced here. i also like that sonic clings to ledges instead of falling right off, i hope thats the case with every 3d sonic from now on!
#10FayeLadyPosted 2/2/2014 9:50:27 AM
While critical opinion of these games are low, I wouldn't say either of them are being ignored. Mario and Sonic have large enough fan bases to go out an buy these games no matter what kind of reviews they get.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.