For Nintendo consoles, do you care about 3rd party support?

#1sketchturnerPosted 2/2/2014 4:44:03 PM
For Nintendo consoles, do you care about 3rd party support? - Results (171 votes)
Absolutely! Without it a system can be a huge let-down.
33.92% (58 votes)
It matters somewhat. Nintendo games matter far more.
46.2% (79 votes)
I buy Nintendo consoles almost exclusively for Nintendo titles.
19.88% (34 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I used to care a lot more about 3rd party games. However, in the current gaming industry, I find myself caring less and less about 3rd party games. It is primarily only first party Sony and first party Nintendo games that matter to me. So if WiiU didn't have games like Arkham City or Darksiders, I really wouldn't care for the most part.

I find I like 3rd party games on Nintendo platforms much better when they are exclusives. Maybe that is just psychological, I don't know. Games like Wonderful 101, Body Harvest, Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, Space Station:Silicon Valley, and Rogue Leader have always been more interesting to me than the multiplatform games. And yes, I know some of those were ported to PS2, but they did start out as exclusives.
---
"The debut of the Nintendo 64 appeared... like a supernova exploding in your face."--Nintendo Power
#2guedesbrawlPosted 2/2/2014 4:45:15 PM
i only care about
Sonic
Megaman
Castlevania (specially Metroidvanias)
Ace attorney
okami
SMT
Persona
A few stand-alones
---
"E quem se importa com Smash Bros?" - uninformed fellow. That's why i love the Brazil board.
#3george15gamerPosted 2/2/2014 4:46:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Yuji_IkaidoPosted 2/2/2014 4:46:59 PM
3rd party games are consistently the best the industry has to offer with occasional exceptions. It's a pretty big deal imo.
#5Oni_TaedoPosted 2/2/2014 4:48:41 PM
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
3rd party games are consistently the best the industry has to offer with occasional exceptions. It's a pretty big deal imo.

Japanese third party, perhaps, but Western third parties as of late have been taking the piss.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#6JobocanPosted 2/2/2014 4:54:05 PM
I'll care about 3rd party support if it's exclusive (because I'll just get better versions on PC or PS4 instead), and if it's good.

3rd party support for the sake of 3rd party support is worthless.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#7thepixelgardenPosted 2/2/2014 5:11:07 PM
Both options 2 and 3 are relevant for me. Obviouly 3rd party games appeal to a lot of people, and I have many games for my PS3 that weren't on my Nintendo consoles.

That said, there are no retail games for the PS4 or XBox One that I am interested in, 1st or 3rd party. So that's why I ended up answering the 3rd one.
#8Mandrew257Posted 2/2/2014 5:13:53 PM
Jobocan posted...
I'll care about 3rd party support if it's exclusive (because I'll just get better versions on PC or PS4 instead), and if it's good.

3rd party support for the sake of 3rd party support is worthless.

This^. I'd only care if it was exclusive. If not, I'd get it on my PS4.
---
"Women be shoppin" -The Farmer
#9Kromlech06Posted 2/2/2014 5:37:24 PM
Looking over my Wii, GC, n64, and SNES games:

Capcom
Squaresoft/ SE
Sega
The odd bamco/tecmo/platinum gem

So no, not really.

And I hate how this board has a habit of mixing "multiplat releases" with "3rd parties". Very different ideas.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia
#10Lelouch71Posted 2/2/2014 7:00:15 PM
Fortunately I plan on getting a PS4 anyway so ultimately it wouldn't matter either way. However, that would mean the Nintendo console would be my secondary system. Then again that always been the case for me since the Gamecube. My Playstation always end up being my main system thanks to the third party support.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"