For Nintendo consoles, do you care about 3rd party support?

#11mashuPosted 2/2/2014 6:05:34 PM
Mostly I play JRPGs, as well as Japanese third party titles such as those mostly found on the 3DS. I don't play platformers or party or local games anymore, so I get a few Nintendo games, but not as many as I used to. So yes, I do care about third party support - just not western third party support for the most part.
#12Shadowbird_RHPosted 2/2/2014 6:08:39 PM
Multi-platform titles aren't a huge priority for me, but 3rd party exclusives are. My favorite game on Nintendo systems usually ends up being a 3rd party exclusive. Nintendo's 1st party titles are diverse and generally of great quality, but I look forward to the exclusive 3rd party games that land on Nintendo systems just as much, if not more.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#13SSJMarioPosted 2/2/2014 6:13:34 PM
I really only buy Capcom, Square, and Nintendo games lately. Oh, and Metal Gears (solids and rising)
---
Why are you reading this?
#14Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/5/2014 9:34:25 AM
Yuji_Ikaido posted...
3rd party games are consistently the best the industry has to offer with occasional exceptions. It's a pretty big deal imo.

And yet they failed to convince me the PS3 was worth buying because they (Konami & Square Enix) screwed up.
#15ShiNoBinnPosted 2/5/2014 9:49:27 AM
I care, it would be nice to be able to buy just one console, instead of having to buy another as well.
---
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."
#16SlimeknightPosted 2/8/2014 3:04:22 PM
I already have a Wii U but I want Nintendo or Square-Enix to translate the Dragon Quest X games.
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#17imameliaPosted 2/11/2014 7:41:21 PM
Of course. The problem is, there are nigh on zero third-party games not on the Wii U that I even would care about...pretty much every game that I know about that interests me is either a Nintendo game or a cross-platform indie game (and even the very few exceptions are PS3 or Xbox 360 games and not their successors'). So while I feel sorry for Nintendo not having more third-party support on the Wii U, if it did, it would have pretty much no bearing on what games I would get for it.