Remember when Iwata announced GBA and N64 VC games a YEAR ago?

#1Gavin_RozeePosted 2/4/2014 3:53:13 AM
Nothing.

Then he announces a DS VC!

What is wrong with this guy?
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#2AvirosbPosted 2/4/2014 3:57:42 AM
You can play N64 games on the Wii U. A pity about the resolution but if you're desperate to play old games it's perfectly doable.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#3Gavin_Rozee(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 4:07:10 AM
Yeah I've got all my Wii VC games on it.

It isn't as convenient though. I'd love to whack on Mario Kart 64 and play on just the GamePad, as opposed to fishing out a Wii Remote and CCPro.

My money is waiting but Iwata insists he doesn't want it.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 2/4/2014 4:08:12 AM
Avirosb posted...
You can play N64 games on the Wii U. A pity about the resolution but if you're desperate to play old games it's perfectly doable.

No you can't. You can play them on the Wii mode on the Wii U, where you are using a Wii, not a Wii U. Stop trying to spin things into something they are not.
#5StarBladeEdgePosted 2/4/2014 4:09:21 AM
Avirosb posted...

this is not what tc is talking about - they announced it for WII U !

i don't get my hopes up for the wiiu ds vc either......
---
De Legende Keert Terug !
#6StarBladeEdgePosted 2/4/2014 4:10:18 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Avirosb posted...

No you can't. You can play them on the Wii mode on the Wii U, where you are using a Wii, not a Wii U. Stop trying to spin things into something they are not.

oh how embarrassing ...uhuhuhu.....we had the same thought !!!!!!!!!
---
De Legende Keert Terug !
#7AvirosbPosted 2/4/2014 4:10:26 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
That Wii mode is still part of the Wii U console. Emulated games will be emulated games no matter what.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#8Yuri_LowelIPosted 2/4/2014 4:23:42 AM(edited)
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Avirosb posted...

The whole point of Wii mode is to play Wii games and software from wii(VC games etcc..)

Your argument is you want to play those games from the wii U menu in higher res? Well Then blame Nintendo for coming up with a "wii mode" to begin with. It is the same thing. You are still playing them on wii U with wii mode. Don't blame him for Nintendo's utter stupidity of a system.

You can play N64 games on Wii U. end of.

Also rather than use a retarded method of releasing games on every system individually. I prefer the to release an account system where you can transfer your purchased games to an account and then they upgrade the OS so you can play the games on Wii U or 3DS. If N64 games can't run on 3DS then just enable SNES and NES.

It's not rocket science. Also get rid of "wii mode" and have wii games launch from the damn wii U menu.

And people ask why Nintendo are failing with the wii U.
---
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif
#9loki0078Posted 2/4/2014 4:22:32 AM
PleaseUnderstand!!! (Booo! "Messages cannot be in all caps". Boo, hissboo)
#10ACDCrules1Posted 2/4/2014 4:39:33 AM(edited)
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Avirosb posted...

Wow, you mean to tell me every time I go into Wii mode my Wii U physically changes into a Wii? Even if its still in Wii mode, its still on your Wii U. You are playing them on a Wii U, not a Wii.
---
Newstalgia - a term used to describe people who are unopened to the idea that anything from the past is of any value; people who feel only the new is good.