Its about time for a Direct. Seriously.

#1loki0078Posted 2/4/2014 3:31:52 AM
Put your sail on your red lion already Iwata. Hit BUY on Scottrade and move on to publishing a Direct to communicate what your doing. I know it's going to likely be your most important Direct ever but dont be skairt! Just do it!- or wait!... maybe you want to buy the stock cheap and THEN youll release a rockin direct!? Smart. I will expect it next week.
#2Yuri_LowelIPosted 2/4/2014 3:38:37 AM
After the last month, i think it's too soon for Direct. Nintendo are still trying to recover from an awful month of financial news.
---
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif
#3STN79Posted 2/4/2014 4:09:42 AM(edited)
January was a complete train wreck for Nintendo. I don't think any month for the rest of the year could be that bad. Don't worry though guys. The first of the year is always slow for sales. It'll pick up by spring when Mario kart 8 comes along and then hopefully smash later on. Wii U is still young and it'll be fine. The Gamecube even pulled through and it was their worst seller of all.
I don't remember such talk back then of Nintendo dying so why all the sudden is it the Apocalypse this time?
People need to chill and quit freaking out over nothing.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#4loki0078(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 4:20:25 AM
I definitely have faith in Nintendo. I would just love to see SOMETHING with Iwatas little bow and hand gestures directed at us. Tired of speculative news and opinions from every corner of the media world. The next Direct will be muay, muay importante. Im just eager lol.

While I do have faith in them, i do concede that they could use a shot in the arm after all this gloomy numbers news. Anything! Nows the time, while we are all talking about you, before you fall out of the news. Yoshi info, X info, a Bayonetta date. It doesn't have to be Zelda-blow-your-mind news.
#5rindainPosted 2/4/2014 4:20:50 AM
If Nintendo doesn't have a Direct this week or next, then they're willfully giving the finger to their biggest fans.

It's bad business sense too: how are fans supposed to be confident about their Wii U purchase when we've heard NOTHING for over a year about a bunch of games?
#6JackalPosted 2/4/2014 5:02:28 AM
rindain posted...
If Nintendo doesn't have a Direct this week or next, then they're willfully giving the finger to their biggest fans.

It's bad business sense too: how are fans supposed to be confident about their Wii U purchase when we've heard NOTHING for over a year about a bunch of games?

You mean the coddling will be over, right?

This isn't aimed at you but more of a general statement.

If "fans" can't understand that Nintendo is in crisis mode and need to work out some serious issues then That's just too bad. They should just sit their selfish asses down and play some more Mario and Zelda and be as patient for the info now as Nintendo has forced us to be for over a year.

They want to get you news but they need to get you the "right" news. News of progress. News on taking steps in the right direction to rectify their issues and salvage the Wii U for the remainder of this just starting generation. Let them work. Give them time. If people need that much reassurance then they should probably step away from the console for a while and do something else. Take a break, or not, just play the games. But give them time people. They have very little room for error left.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#7ThePrisoner06Posted 2/4/2014 5:08:14 AM
According to Wiki, we are due for a Direct this month.

And as the Nintendo Direct website is still showing the last Direct (18 December) it will most likely be next Wednesday, or the week after that.
---
NNID - AndyInTheUK. Now writing the complete Cryptology for Conduit 2.
http://i.imgur.com/YD02k.jpg
#8rindainPosted 2/4/2014 5:09:16 AM
Jackal posted...
rindain posted...

You mean the coddling will be over, right?

This isn't aimed at you but more of a general statement.

If "fans" can't understand that Nintendo is in crisis mode and need to work out some serious issues then That's just too bad. They should just sit their selfish asses down and play some more Mario and Zelda and be as patient for the info now as Nintendo has forced us to be for over a year.

They want to get you news but they need to get you the "right" news. News of progress. News on taking steps in the right direction to rectify their issues and salvage the Wii U for the remainder of this just starting generation. Let them work. Give them time. If people need that much reassurance then they should probably step away from the console for a while and do something else. Take a break, or not, just play the games. But give them time people. They have very little room for error left.

It's not all or nothing though.

Why not release just one or two screenshots of Yarn Yoshi or SMT x FE? Or something really small like that.

As long as a game is still being made, is it really too much to ask for them to release a single screenshot (or provide a single written update) per year? I understand Nintendo has bigger issues, but reassuring hundreds of thousands of fans would take literally almost zero effort.
#9VanderZooPosted 2/4/2014 5:34:21 AM
Jackal posted...
If "fans" can't understand that Nintendo is in crisis mode and need to work out some serious issues then That's just too bad. They should just sit their selfish asses down and play some more Mario and Zelda and be as patient for the info

I can see Iwata saying that "fans should just sit their asses down and play some more Zelda and Mario!".