Seems to me that the real problem with third party developers on WiiU...

#31Schwepps01Posted 2/4/2014 10:17:10 AM
HeroC114 posted...
The level of stupidity in this topic is unbearable.

Accountability is on the content creator. If a dev doesn't want to take time to learn how to make a product, that's on them. .

I don't care who it's on. There's no games to play and I invested 300 dollars on a system that's supposed to give long term game support. That's what I, as a consumer, am looking at. If I walk into a Wendy's and pay them for a meal, and it takes like 10 minutes because there's no sandwich maker, do I care about their staffing issues? No as a consumer I care more about the end product. No apologies will make up for poor service.

Nintendo does have the ability to directly entice 3rd parties via contracts and money, but they lay dormant instead and give us a "please understand" every 3 months.
---
#32TerotrousPosted 2/4/2014 10:34:42 AM
sketchturner posted...
Third parties need to make games for WiiU (whether ports or exclusives) that properly suit Nintendo's console. Your thoughts?

There's no question that this is part of the problem. Games like De Blob and Shaun White Road Trip sold well on Wii. The key is just tailoring the experience to the system and its audience.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.ca/ - Watch me play "GEN Cyberball"
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#33GoldenJoe24Posted 2/4/2014 10:46:52 AM
Izec posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Nothing without Mario/Link in it seems to suit Nintendo's console. That's the problem. Wonderful 101 was published by Nintendo, but sold 60k copies.

This is another good point, even if your game is critically acclaimed and has the "Nintendo" tag on it, people just aren't really willing to test the waters with new franchises nowadays.

Read my topic on why third parties are not trusted by consumers. They ruined it for themselves last gen. It will take a lot of W101s to restore confidence in the average consumer.
#34DarkAdonis123Posted 2/4/2014 10:52:13 AM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Izec posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Nothing without Mario/Link in it seems to suit Nintendo's console. That's the problem. Wonderful 101 was published by Nintendo, but sold 60k copies.

This is another good point, even if your game is critically acclaimed and has the "Nintendo" tag on it, people just aren't really willing to test the waters with new franchises nowadays.

Read my topic on why third parties are not trusted by consumers. They ruined it for themselves last gen. It will take a lot of W101s to restore confidence in the average consumer.

Nintendo owns W101 so it not selling has nothing to do with third party. But it has everything to do with Nintendo's home console base refusing to buy anything without Mario, Link, DK, etc.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#35Emerald_MeliosPosted 2/5/2014 10:11:49 AM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Izec posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

It's not even limited to Ninendo systems. Third-party incompetence has pushed me away from PlayStation brand. While Sony made many bad choices with the PS3, it was ultimately Konami and Square Enix who failed to convince me it was worth buying one. (for various reasons, there was a perception that their HD games were overall inferior quality to their PS2 and earlier games)
#36LuluCrossPosted 2/8/2014 12:37:08 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Izec posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

as if, 3rd parties do fine on other platforms, Nintendo is always the one that's the odd one out
it almost doesn't matter how good a game is W101s 60k sales shows that

the way i see it as people are weened off from 360 and ps3, wii u ports will be even more gimped(be it graphics or dlc) as they will be from xbone/ps4 (if there are any) so Nintendo would have to bankroll other exclusive games to fill the gaps they wont sell but at least they'll be something

and if you ask me the wii's shovel ware is nothing compared to the ps2's mountain of crap
#37SuigintouEVPosted 2/8/2014 3:42:13 PM
sketchturner posted...
However, the people who play those "mature, realistic" games either don't own WiiU or have a more powerful system that they would rather play on.

Of course, that may be Nintendo's fault.........
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II