People who play party games are as much 'dudebros' as people who play sports

#1Zellio2014Posted 2/5/2014 7:52:08 AM
Or online fps games. The only option to avoid being a dude bro is to lock yourself into your room for many days and play single player rpgs.
#2Zellio2014(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 7:52:39 AM
But wither way, this board should stop looking down on 'dudebros' considering the amount of party games Nintendo makes.
#3hyena0123Posted 2/5/2014 7:53:52 AM
i'm gay
---
and then i ate the cubs.
#4HermeticJusticePosted 2/5/2014 7:56:36 AM
then that makes you an otaku
---
fuzzy pickles
#5parkourboybryanPosted 2/5/2014 7:56:39 AM
That's not even remotely close to what DudeBros are. When people refer to DudeBros, they mean the types of gamers that only play T or M rated games with a high level of violence or mature themes, and look down on any game that lacks such tropes. You'd never see a dudebro playing a party game, because they think it's beneath them.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com
#6Zellio2014(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 7:57:55 AM
I didn't say just Japanese rpgs. There's also American games like Diablo.

Just lock yourself in your room and become a hermit to avoid being a dudebro.
#7Zellio2014(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 7:58:53 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
That's not even remotely close to what DudeBros are. When people refer to DudeBros, they mean the types of gamers that only play T or M rated games with a high level of violence or mature themes, and look down on any game that lacks such tropes. You'd never see a dudebro playing a party game, because they think it's beneath them.

Sports games are generally played with multiple people, same with fps games. And yes, bring a wii to a party and people will play bowling and other stuff, so party games are very much 'dudebro'
#8RoboXgp89Posted 2/5/2014 7:59:45 AM
People who listen to Kings of Leon are just as 'mainstream' as people who like Jennifer Lopez.
#9HermeticJusticePosted 2/5/2014 8:01:07 AM
Zellio2014 posted...
I didn't say just Japanese rpgs. There's also American games like Diablo.

Just lock yourself in your room and become a hermit to avoid being a dudebro.

that makes you Korean
---
fuzzy pickles
#10parkourboybryanPosted 2/5/2014 8:03:44 AM
Zellio2014 posted...
parkourboybryan posted...

Sports games are generally played with multiple people, same with fps games. And yes, bring a wii to a party and people will play bowling and other stuff, so party games are very much 'dudebro'

You obviously have a skewed definition of the word then. If you were to ask 10 people what a DudeBro gamer is, at least 9 of them would say that they're the gamers who only play mature titles with lots of violence and adult themes. I've met people like that, they refuse to play anything rated less than a T, and they despise party games and E rated games to the point where they mock people who play them. If you look at some trolls on these message boards, you'll see a big example, look for the people asking why Nintendo only makes "kiddy" games and how their games aren't "mature" enough.
---
Anxiously awaiting the next Mirror's Edge.
Check out my entertainment blog: http://aicguild.blogspot.com