People who play party games are as much 'dudebros' as people who play sports

#41MattperdPosted 2/8/2014 3:36:47 PM
george15gamer posted...
Why is being a "dudebro" a bad thing on this board? I'd much rather hang out with them then some stubborn, old gamer who thinks he's better than someone else because of the games he chooses to play. People that bitter and close-minded are an embarrassment to gamers in-general.

That's... that's what a dudebro is...
---
OBJECTION! ... In 3D!! Official VP of the NDF
"sorry I see pokemon as revenge for hiroshima" - DeathFairy
#42GEKGanonPosted 2/8/2014 3:37:46 PM
Zellio2014 posted...
parkourboybryan posted...
That's not even remotely close to what DudeBros are. When people refer to DudeBros, they mean the types of gamers that only play T or M rated games with a high level of violence or mature themes, and look down on any game that lacks such tropes. You'd never see a dudebro playing a party game, because they think it's beneath them.

Sports games are generally played with multiple people, same with fps games. And yes, bring a wii to a party and people will play bowling and other stuff, so party games are very much 'dudebro'

I don't know who you are imagining, but the last people I played party games with were introverted tech geeks, practically like leftovers from "Big Bang Theory".
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#43Devilman_AmonPosted 2/8/2014 3:43:41 PM
HermeticJustice posted...
Zellio2014 posted...
I didn't say just Japanese rpgs. There's also American games like Diablo.

Just lock yourself in your room and become a hermit to avoid being a dudebro.

that makes you Korean

Koreans play Starcraft and MMO's and many go to outdoor internet cafes to do it. Its reached almost celebrity status there where yes even girls fawn over famous players. Even Starcraft fans from France watch the live broadcasts of Korean Starcraft competitions.....from getogethers at bars.
Starcraft is the "dudebro" game of Korea.

The term you are looking for is the Japanese Hikkikomori: the shut in Otaku that would never venture outside to play an MMO and has 2D waifus and plays visual novels as well as rpgs and loli moe anime
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#44MattperdPosted 2/8/2014 3:45:30 PM
ITT: "Fun" is immature.
---
OBJECTION! ... In 3D!! Official VP of the NDF
"sorry I see pokemon as revenge for hiroshima" - DeathFairy