Miyamoto happy with their 1st party wii u games

#1Murderstorm117Posted 2/5/2014 11:29:06 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/05/miyamoto-content-with-nintendos-first-party-output-on-wii-u

I have to disagree as their games are so far spaced there is always a drought. I highly doubt we will get x and bayonetta 2 this year. Not to mention alot of their big games like pikmin flopped at retail
---
NNID Mstorm
Proud owner of PS4 since Day 1
#2trenkenPosted 2/5/2014 11:32:18 AM
Who cares. 3D World was highly underwhelming, as was Pikmin 3. And NSMB4, give me a break. He doesnt spend a lot of time directly working on games anymore so their big figurehead is trying to get some positivity around the company because he knows people listen to him and trust him. He's very wrong though and seriously doubt he actually believes what he said, knowing the kinds of amazing games he's worked on which dont exist on the U.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3NarutoPosted 2/5/2014 11:33:04 AM
Miyamoto should stick to making games.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 2/5/2014 11:33:38 AM
Well of course he would be, since his standards have gone downhill in recent years.
#5vattodevPosted 2/5/2014 11:34:08 AM
I know it's weird, but he is right. I already own more great first party Wii U games than first party Wii games. The problem with the Wii U is that Nintendo is now responsible for a major share of the good games on the Wii U now that 3rd party games are skipping it. So the drought comes from few games to play, not from great games to play.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
#6darklink67Posted 2/5/2014 11:34:15 AM
Miyamoto......no
#7nonexistingheroPosted 2/5/2014 11:36:56 AM(edited)
X was confirmed to release this year worldwide. The team that's making it has been working on it since the original release of Xenoblade in 2010. I have a hard time imagining the game not coming out this year, since localization is definitely being done while developing the game. By the time the game releases the it will have had roughly a 4 year development cycle... in comparison, Xenoblade had a 3 year cycle (excluding some conceptual work that was done 1-2 years before actual development).

Bayonetta 2 already had a fluid demo back at E3. There is no way it isn't coming out this year, surely they'll be able to release the game within 18 months of getting a build that runs extremely well.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8darklink67Posted 2/5/2014 11:36:38 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
X was confirmed to release this year worldwide. The team that's making it has been working on it since the original release of Xenoblade. I have a hard time imagining the game not coming out this year, since localization is definitely being done while developing the game.

Bayonetta 2 already had a fluid demo back at E3. There is no way it isn't coming out this year, surely they'll be able to release the game within 18 months of getting a build that runs extremely well.

I hope your right.
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 2/5/2014 11:37:02 AM
Murderstorm117 posted...
Not to mention alot of their big games like pikmin flopped at retail

Because that totally has anything to do with anything. And Pikmin 3 initally sold more than Pikmin 1 so you're wrong there.
#102wingedangelPosted 2/5/2014 11:39:03 AM
They're good, there just aren't enough.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194, PSN & Wii U: TsukiMomo
I refuse to buy Pokemon Rumble U until they make a Cyndaquil figurine.