Here is why I think Sonic Boom may be good.

#1cyberwarrior94Posted 2/6/2014 6:20:48 PM
It's because of who Sega asked to develop it. For those who aren't aware (if you are, please don't be mad) the game is being developed (or co-developed I think) by Sanzaru games. Now Sanzaru has made some games on PSP and Wii before, but they didn't make a full game till last year with SONY's exclusive (and my personal top favs of SONY) Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, a sequal to the Sly Cooper franchise handed down to them by SONY's SuckerPunch Studios. The game to me was well made, and played great to me, and stayed true to it's roots. The plot, though made by the original writer, played perfectly and followed it's formula. In that sense, Sanzaru tries to keep a game series former vibe either from its classic form to it's recent forms, all while adding a few new things to get people fired up. In all I'm excited for the game, and will definitely make my purchase of it when it releases.
What are your guys thoughts on it, just wanting to start a conversation.

Note: Here is a link to Sanzaru's official Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/sanzaru
#2The_Shadow_LinkPosted 2/6/2014 6:22:30 PM
Having played Sly 4, I wouldn't say it's as good as the original trilogy, but it still holds out as a good game on it's own.

That said, isn't it Big Red Button Media doing the game? With Sanzuru handling the 3DS Port? That's what I've read on the situation.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#3cyberwarrior94(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 6:24:56 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Having played Sly 4, I wouldn't say it's as good as the original trilogy, but it still holds out as a good game on it's own.

That said, isn't it Big Red Button Media doing the game? With Sanzuru handling the 3DS Port? That's what I've read on the situation.

If that's the case, I still expect the game to be good. IMO I liked Sly 4 as well, kinda disappointed we won't see a Sly 5 for a while seeing most of the PS community over looked the 4th game for the reason that "it's an Assassin's Creed game for kids". Still, I expect good from the game none less.
#4Banjo2553Posted 2/6/2014 7:17:33 PM
I also expect it to be at least decent because the trailer gave me a sense of "Sonic 3 & Knuckles in 3D" somehow.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#5Oni_TaedoPosted 2/8/2014 11:09:34 PM
cyberwarrior94 posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...

If that's the case, I still expect the game to be good. IMO I liked Sly 4 as well, kinda disappointed we won't see a Sly 5 for a while seeing most of the PS community over looked the 4th game for the reason that "it's an Assassin's Creed game for kids". Still, I expect good from the game none less.

^This.

Pretty much all the people I know that liked any of Sony's platformers, are also fans of Nintendo's work.

Shame Sly 4 didn't get the love it deserved. I was never one for the Sly games, but they are really good. The movie looks pretty good, too.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#6BloodychessPosted 2/8/2014 11:14:08 PM
Doesn't matter how good the game actually is, they already took 3 steps back just by failing to alter the image of the Sonic characters.

This game lost sales just on release pictures, lots of the core audience won't bite. The only hope it has is if it appeals to a new crowd, which isn't likely to happen considering it's still Sonic.
---
-40 degree wind chill for the next two days?
IT'S THE SON OF POLAR VORTEX!