Really good RPG discussion vid on IGN today...

#1jamesflames82Posted 2/7/2014 10:54:21 PM(edited)
IGN did a feature video on 30 RPGs that are supposed to come out this year. Throughout the discussion they mention numerous games for different systems like X, Child of Light, and Witcher 3. It's a little over an hour long, but I really enjoyed it b/c the guys talking about it really seemed to have a love for the genre as a whole. There's even a shout out to classics like FF Tactics and Grandia.

If you are an RPG fan it's a great watch.

Edit: Sorry, here's the link.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/07/game-scoop-presents-the-big-rpg-preview
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG
#2ZerothmaPosted 2/7/2014 10:50:59 PM
Cool, but no link?
---
3DS FC: 3909 - 7680 - 8446
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#3jamesflames82(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 3:01:22 AM
Bump...
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG
#4Krazoa2Posted 2/8/2014 3:48:04 AM
I don't think I've ever heard a decent IGN discussion. I don't have the time to watch the video now, so I'll just stay skeptical until I do.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#5JackalPosted 2/8/2014 4:19:55 AM
I'll watch it but if I don't like it, I'm cutting you off. No more game budget! Only books!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#6sarevokmbPosted 2/8/2014 5:01:11 AM
Krazoa2 posted...
I don't think I've ever heard a decent IGN discussion. I don't have the time to watch the video now, so I'll just stay skeptical until I do.

IGN has the best video game podcasts out there. Podcast Beyond (Sony systems) is really entertaining, and I've been listening to it for years, even though I rarely touch my Sony systems compared to my PC and Nintendo stuff.

GameScoop (the show that the TC linked to) is pretty good too. Daemon Hatfield hosts it, though, and he forces people to stay on-topic, though, so it isn't quite as interesting.

Still, a pretty good conversation. People don't give IGN the credit they deserve. I think it is mostly younger gamers, who get pissy when an IGN reviewer gives a game a score that they don't agree with. More mature people can appreciate the talent that the site has. Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty, in particular, are great,
---
GET YOUR TRIGGER ON! (This is my catch fraise)
NNID: GokaiSilver
#7JackalPosted 2/8/2014 5:56:13 AM
It's a good watch. They talk about the games with and without release dates for 2014. I thought it was good. TC, your gaming trust fund remains. eShop VC games only, of course. :)
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#8kaiser ryuPosted 2/8/2014 6:21:58 AM
I liked it. Thanks for the link.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06 : 3DS FC 0189-8575-3761
#9abbyhitterPosted 2/8/2014 7:24:43 AM
Wow. A whole hour. Post the time marks for the Nintendo RPGs that they talk about.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!