What's the most Nintendo-ish game/franchise never released on Nintendo hardware?

#1adampeltzPosted 2/10/2014 5:17:17 AM
80/80

To me, it's the Katamari series. It's so colorful and fun that it feels like it would've been right at home on Nintendo's hardware.

Any others?
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#2CyricsServantPosted 2/10/2014 5:20:46 AM
Sony's Ape Escape.
#3NiftyManZPosted 2/10/2014 5:23:37 AM
Spyro
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#4guedesbrawlPosted 2/10/2014 5:29:01 AM
probably some rip-off of Mario Kart or Party
---
"Clones are bad!" "Tier Lists don't exist!" ... really now? >_>
#5STN79Posted 2/10/2014 5:40:49 AM
Bet nobody knows what i'm talking about but 40 Winks?
It was a cutesy PS1 3D platformer that felt alot like games such as Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#6OfficerJeffreyPosted 2/10/2014 5:46:16 AM
Dark Souls (it's old-school Nintendo-ish on difficulty) lol
But if that doesn't count off the top of my head Ape Escape like CyricsServant said.
---
Oh he so Pringles where yo curleh mustache at!?
#7EoinPosted 2/10/2014 5:46:42 AM
The easy answer is sort of a cheat: Rare's early Xbox/Xbox 360 games were originally going to be on Nintendo systems and of course would have been heavily influenced by the experience that Rare had working directly with Nintendo and their IP. Stuff like Grabbed By The Ghoulies and Kameo would have been quite at home on the GameCube with a Nintendo logo on their box. Viva Piņata would have been an even better answer, except of course it did appear on Nintendo hardware.

If we ignore that easy answer, then I think some Sony first party games are fairly good contenders. Stuff like Jak and Daxter, Everybody's Golf, maybe even Ratchet and Clank - it's not very difficult to imagine games like those being produced by Nintendo.
#8adampeltz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 6:04:54 AM
Eoin posted...
The easy answer is sort of a cheat: Rare's early Xbox/Xbox 360 games were originally going to be on Nintendo systems and of course would have been heavily influenced by the experience that Rare had working directly with Nintendo and their IP. Stuff like Grabbed By The Ghoulies and Kameo would have been quite at home on the GameCube with a Nintendo logo on their box. Viva Piņata would have been an even better answer, except of course it did appear on Nintendo hardware.

If we ignore that easy answer, then I think some Sony first party games are fairly good contenders. Stuff like Jak and Daxter, Everybody's Golf, maybe even Ratchet and Clank - it's not very difficult to imagine games like those being produced by Nintendo.

I wasn't thinking about that when I made this topic. I actually still have the box for my GCN and it has a screenshot of Kameo on the back.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#9kukingina2Posted 2/10/2014 6:20:59 AM
I agree with you TC its def Katamari damacy
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie Gamertag: Robertzombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047
#10CubeTVPosted 2/10/2014 6:50:22 AM
Kingdom Hearts. When you think of traveling through Disney worlds to help them with their problems, that sounds like something that would be on a Nintendo system.

At least Chain of Memories is playable on the GC via Gameboy Player.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs