While I do LOVE that Nintendo doesn't charge for online play...

#21sharinaginPosted 2/11/2014 6:53:39 AM
Man I hate having the completely optional option to play video games with friends who live far away instead of just being able to play couch co-op and multiplayer. It really cooks my goose when I have those 100% optional options. All of these Sony Ponies need to take a step back and realize how great Nintendo is and how great the Nintendo single player experience is while I also say how much I like local their mutliplayer, but also how I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly want or enjoy online multiplayer.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#22Krazoa2Posted 2/11/2014 7:46:08 AM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Nintendo still makes games that are more fun to play single player though.

When I'm REALLY into a game. It's me and the game and nobody else.

I don't want others or an online connection to screw that up.

Online multiplayer gaming is awesome, but only if it works well.

Basically, this.

And that said, there are still enough online games on the Wii U. If you like FPSes, there's CoD for you. Other than that, there's Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate which should satisfy anyone's online needs.

Nintendocore64 posted...
I mean it's kind of ridiculous when on the 360, even the smallest releases like Sonic 2 include online play, yet Nintendo doesn't typically bother with their first party games.

It's not ridiculous at all, as it's not they're focus. People saying it's ridiculous Nintendo doesn't care too much about online play is ridiculous. My 360 ran out of gold sometime in September last year, and about half of what I used that system for became unavailable to me. Also, obviously, I haven't played any online games on it since. I still do enjoy playing online games from time to time, which I have done on other systems, but honestly I don't miss it a second. I've been having more fun on my 360 focusing on offline games like Dark Messiah, FFXIII-2, and Nier than I ever got with online games. Games have also been a lot less stressful, without having to get pissed off at lag and other issues causing all sorts of unfair BS. So again, while online can be a nice and fun option, it's not required and it's never ridiculous if it isn't implemented.
---
I don't even read -YouStillHateMe
#23vashtrichamPosted 2/11/2014 7:51:31 AM
sharinagin posted...
Man I hate having the completely optional option to play video games with friends who live far away instead of just being able to play couch co-op and multiplayer. It really cooks my goose when I have those 100% optional options. All of these Sony Ponies need to take a step back and realize how great Nintendo is and how great the Nintendo single player experience is while I also say how much I like local their mutliplayer, but also how I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly want or enjoy online multiplayer.

Calling people sony ponies then continues on with a obvious fanboy post
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit