Nintendo consoles are all about first-party games.

#1Second_HokagePosted 2/10/2014 3:17:41 PM
Who cares if third party games get delayed and canceled? Now, if first party games were getting delayed and canceled, i'd be freaking out.
#2ChemazanPosted 2/12/2014 12:44:04 AM
you mean like this?
http://www.hejibits.com/comics/the-waiting-game/
#3STN79Posted 2/12/2014 12:51:27 AM
I've got a PS3 so there's hardly any third party games out of my reach.
The only cancelled or half assed games i'd be worried about would be first party Nintendo. That's usually not something Nintendo fans have to worry about.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#4LightningaIePosted 2/12/2014 12:56:34 AM
Except most of their current first party fare isn't very interesting. I don't give a f*** about more Mario, Pokemon, Smash, and Zelda.

Why not bring back Punch-Out, Excitebike, Star Fox, F-Zero, or something that hasn't been milked to the point of gluttony? Or make a new IP that's not another cartoon mascot game. Have some diversity.
#5STN79Posted 2/12/2014 1:00:36 AM
Says you. Now run along and play your gray/brown shooters and hardcore Cgi interactive junk.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#6Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/12/2014 1:00:37 AM
Yup, wait until 2018 and get the mini version on clearance with the 4-5 must have titles.

...assuming of course Nintendo can still make a decent Zelda. Mhmm, should be about $200 then for the Zelda bundle, dunno if that'll be worth it. Hope Nintendo releases a few more good games.

Man, I miss the old days.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#7LightningaIePosted 2/12/2014 3:46:27 AM
STN79 posted...
Says you. Now run along and play your gray/brown shooters and hardcore Cgi interactive junk.
You do a fine job of living up to all the stereotypes of a Nintendo fanboy.

Give out legit criticism for Nintendo milking a lot of the same franchises? That person must be somebody who only plays brown and gray shooters.

Get a new gimmick, champ. Nintendo is not the Jesus of gaming. Get over yourself.
#8segagamerPosted 2/12/2014 3:48:34 AM
LightningaIe posted...
STN79 posted...

Give out legit criticism for Nintendo milking a lot of the same franchises? That person must be somebody who only plays brown and gray shooters.

Get a new gimmick, champ. Nintendo is not the Jesus of gaming. Get over yourself.

Good job putting STN79 in his place.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#9kukingina2Posted 2/12/2014 3:57:00 AM
except theres a 3 month drought without any 1st or 3rd party games incoming
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie Gamertag: Robertzombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047
#10digiblasterPosted 2/12/2014 4:27:13 AM
LightningaIe posted...
STN79 posted...

While you're right to criticise him for being so narrow-minded, Nintendo don't 'milk' franchises any worse than many, many other companies, and are probably better for it than most. CoD and Assassin's Creed are yearly instalments, whereas Zelda comes along once, maybe twice a generation. Metroid, DK, Starfox and F-Zero are less frequent than that, and Pokemon is barely ever released on consoles. Mario is one thing, but it's more a case of multiple franchises that happen to feature Mario. And let's face it - Mario does sell games.
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. - Mctias