Is Super Mario RPG any good?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Super Mario RPG any good?
1 year ago#1
I saw it on Club Nintendo and desperately searched through all my Nintendo games for codes to input.

Now I have enough coins. Is it worth it?
---
Microsoft has become the new Nintendo and that will kill the Wii U.~cruelbird
1 year ago#2
It is. Wish it was actually for Wii U though. Unlike the 3DS, some of the Wii U download codes are misleading and make you have to play the games in Wii mode.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
1 year ago#3
not really

paper mario is better
---
FC: 2449-5775-0135 Pokemon IGN: Madness
The 3rd Party Wall of Shame - http://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/
1 year ago#4
It's not bad. I completely agree with zado above that Paper Mario is better, but still it's not bad.

The thing is, Super Mario RPG is just a 90's-era Final Fantasy game with a Mario skin on top. If you decide to give it a chance, be aware of what you're getting into.

BTW, if you're into this kind of thing, the world's best Let's Play of Super Mario RPG:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA158C6CC18A8EAA6
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
1 year ago#5
Its good, but the Mario and Luigi games are better.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
1 year ago#6
Yeah it's pretty good. It has the timing based blocking and hitting mechanics that the rest of the Mario RPGs ended up using as well.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
1 year ago#7
Well, I'm downloading it right now.
---
1 year ago#8
Seven Stars?

Yeah, that's the best Mario RPG out there. Developed by Squaresoft. In fact, I'd call it one of the best Mario games period.

Nintendo unashamedly ripped off its gameplay for the watered-down Paper Mario series.
1 year ago#9
Lefty128k posted...
Seven Stars?

Yeah, that's the best Mario RPG out there. Developed by Squaresoft. In fact, I'd call it one of the best Mario games period.

Nintendo unashamedly ripped off its gameplay for the watered-down Paper Mario series.

Damn. It must be good if Lefty likes it.

HIT THAT DAMN BRICK FASTER MARIO!
---
1 year ago#10
It's better than Paper Mario, but not as good as Thousand Year Door. A really good game overall.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Super Mario RPG any good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived