Is wii u worth it to play old wii games?

#11DorotimusWitikPosted 2/10/2014 10:25:57 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
basically if you had no wii last gen and want to play games like xenoblade, last story etc.

http://www.amazon.com/XenoBlade-Chronicles-RP-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B007RNWUC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392099906&sr=8-1&keywords=xenoblade Ugh, good luck with that one man.
#12moogle69Posted 2/11/2014 12:20:00 AM
NejiHyuga900 posted...
Definitely yes. I use my Wii U to play Wii games too and I missed out a lot on the Wii.

---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSN ID: snoteat01 NN ID: snoteat01
Super Hype: Monolith X, MK8, SSBU, LOZ:U, Bravely Second, FFXV, KHIII
#13RahzarXPosted 2/11/2014 12:22:36 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
Get a Wii Mini if they're still in stock.

The Wii U has to boot into a Wii mode and other annoying stuff to work as a Wii. Why not just get a Wii?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJz03N4cNY

You can boot straight to Wii mode.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#14anonymousickoPosted 2/11/2014 1:26:43 AM
Yes, I did that with my Wii U. God bless backward compatibility
---
"Insecure is a sign of immaturity" -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Wp6T6XR90
#15Oni_TaedoPosted 2/11/2014 1:42:22 AM
diggyfresh posted...
Schwepps01 posted...
yeah, but it's not worth it for anything else. think about that before you blow 350 dollars on it.

You're behind in your trolling. The Wii U's price dropped like 3 months ago. Get up to speed.

I'm not even sure what the hell Schwepps' issue is.
What does it matter to him, if someone else buys a Wii U?
He should grow the hell up and accept that there's some people out there who are JUST curious about the system.

To answer your question, TC, yes.
The Wii had some of the best games last gen, and getting a Wii U, is pretty much getting two systems in one. You get to experience the Wii games that you missed, and should there by chance, be any Wii U games you want, you have the system for that.

Sure beats paying $100 for a Wii, only for there to be a Wii U exclusive you want, and have to shell out $300 for a Wii U.

Mind you, you're gonna need a nunchaku controller, and a classic controller. I recommend a CCP, but if you can find a normal CC, you should be good. It has analog triggers, which aren't too bad.

I actually do advise getting SOME of the Nintendo made shovelware, like WiiSports Resort, which, is pretty damn fun at parties. Wii Party, and stuff like that, you can pass on.

If you can, I highly suggest getting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
I WISH that game sold better, because it's a LOT better than Capcom's other recent fighting game outings.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#16fuzi11Posted 2/11/2014 4:43:38 AM
darkphoenix181 posted...
basically if you had no wii last gen and want to play games like xenoblade, last story etc.

I got rid of my wii the moment I got a wii u (and did a data transfer)

Now I am able to play Wii games AND Wii U games on that console. But be aware, that you get eyecancer playing Wii games on a big tv
#17AMGPosted 2/11/2014 5:00:19 AM
Absolutely. The Wii had some real gems.
#18darkphoenix181(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 12:54:37 PM
DorotimusWitik posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

http://www.amazon.com/XenoBlade-Chronicles-RP-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B007RNWUC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392099906&sr=8-1&keywords=xenoblade Ugh, good luck with that one man.

I have 3 gamestops around my house and they each have a copy

granted used for $60
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#19morningglory05Posted 2/11/2014 1:09:50 PM(edited)
Definitely YES, TC. I agree with the above-mentioned though: if you're gonna shell out 60 bucks on a used Wii, you might as well just save up a little longer and put the $$ towards a Wii U. Even if the system doesn't have a ton of exclusives that interest you now, chances are that in the next year or so it will! Good luck!
#20Bahamut_10thPosted 2/11/2014 1:19:39 PM
Yes. You need to be extremely anti-Nintendo to believe the Wii U will never have any games you will want even if none of the current releases interest you.

Wii Mini is a joke. Don't get it. Not only does it has no GC backwards compatibility (not that missing on GC is anything worth worrying about), it also has no SD card slot, which means you have a VERRRRRRY limited storage space for downloadable titles, including VC. It also doesn't connects to the internet, which makes all online features of the Wii useless.

350 dollars for a Wii U with 1 or 2 (NSMB U + Luigi U) games bundled isn't any more expensive than the Wii was back when it was new and the economy wasn't as bad as today.

But really I wouldn't recommend buying a new Nintendo console if you have a thing against franchises like Mario and Pikmin. Assuming you do.
---
What a horrible night to have a grock raid.
Got Dillon's Rolling Western? Help make the game's board more active!