i am willing to buy a wii for gamecube and wii gems but wiiu

#1completeboyPosted 2/10/2014 10:57:33 PM
let me first clarify that i have no idea about next gen gaming as of yet since i still own only a slim ps2 and anything close to new system will be a psp within the next 4 days which i have ordered online a psp 2000 used model. used to have a ds twice but dropped it twice accidentally and both times it broke badly enough to finish up.

now that being said, there are quite many games on gamecube which i would like to play and only a handful of wii games i am looking to play. i am a rpg fan and i absolutely hate platformer type games as they are generally short and i think they are suitable to kids and i still have not beaten the 8 bit mario game due to its difficulty, and i have been gaming since 8 bits.

ps2 has set the standard for me in terms of quantity of games a console must have regardless of a 5 years lifespan or less, ps2 has quantity and quality despite the fact that ps2 has disappointed me in rpg department as there are less traditional rpgs then i thought but still has other genres to play like action games devil may cry and stuff. resident evil 4 and smack down vs raw 2010 were my first ps2 games.

i think gamecube has a small library but there are gems not to be missed, and wii has pathetic library but it has certainly a decent new manner of playing games and still has a few gems not to be missed according to me.

but wii u has next to nothing from what i have seen its almost as worst as that vita.

however i would still eventually buy a wiiu in future since i like its controller and that handheld ability to play wii u games on hands while the tv is off.

this is not a rant or anything but what are the chances of wii u having a library as big as a ps2 or atleast some more than gamecube library?

from my understanding wii was abandoned faster despite being well sold and that was not a good thing for those people who would chosen a wii instead of a ps3 or xbox 360.

if they would do the same with wii u then i would gladly ignore the existence of wii u.

i do not like xbox brand but alongwith playstation 3 even xbox360 has huge amount of quality games. i cannot wait for a ps3, wii and xbox360.

if wiiu can play both gamecube and wii games then i would rather buy a wiiu instead of wii but i do not think thats possible.
---
Cannot wait to get a ps3 and a wii console.
#2Stanger5150Posted 2/10/2014 11:00:44 PM
1. The Wii does NOT have a "pathetic library".
2. The Wii U cannot play GameCube games.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#3Schwepps01Posted 2/10/2014 11:01:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Stanger5150Posted 2/10/2014 11:03:28 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
what are the chances of wii u having a library as big as a ps2

Absolutely NONE. Wii U is a faltering, sputtering, failing piece of s*** and I advice you to stay clear of it.

Well that's a bit harsh, but he's right about the Wii U never having a PS2-caliber library. A console that successful probably won't ever happen again.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#5completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:09:34 PM
thanks for quick answers. well from what i have seen wii has a bad library if i do not like kid like games or just motion gaming and stuff, i like rpgs and wii seems to have it far less. i can suffice with quality action games or adventures like resident evil and tomb raider type games.

but a lot of wii games comes from unheard unknown companies.

do not get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE TO EXERCISE WILL PLAYING GAMES OR SUCH GAMES WHICH HELPS ME PHYSICALLY and i need to reduce weight personally as well. i am looking to have such unique experience that wii provides.
---
Cannot wait to get a ps3 and a wii as well as the xbox360 console.
#6DorotimusWitikPosted 2/10/2014 11:19:06 PM
You can get a used Gamecube for like 20 bucks. A Wii will almost certainly cost at least 50 and really Gamecube games are best played on the Gamecube. No annoying opening menu to get in the way... and that jingle, oh, that jingle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctYQ08gxkqA
#7OzzieArcanePosted 2/10/2014 11:22:29 PM
DorotimusWitik posted...
You can get a used Gamecube for like 20 bucks. A Wii will almost certainly cost at least 50 and really Gamecube games are best played on the Gamecube. No annoying opening menu to get in the way... and that jingle, oh, that jingle.

If you're playing on an HD TV I would argue that gamecube games are better played on a Wii since you can use component cables which makes it look a little better.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#8completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:27:23 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
DorotimusWitik posted...

If you're playing on an HD TV I would argue that gamecube games are better played on a Wii since you can use component cables which makes it look a little better.

yes i do have a hyundai 22inch hdtv with hdmi cable too, but too bad i do not have a thing to attached that cable see real hd, i must admit ps2 games look bad in that lcd hdtv. its a good thing i could not afford a 40 inch tv otherwise ps2 games would look even bad.

i am very aware of gamecube graphics i am assuming they are close to ps3 quality.
---
#9Mattatron42Posted 2/10/2014 11:29:29 PM
I'd research the Wii library a little more if I were you. You seem to be holding on to some misconceptions about the games on Wii.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487
NNID: Mattatron
#10completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:34:14 PM
Mattatron42 posted...
I'd research the Wii library a little more if I were you. You seem to be holding on to some misconceptions about the games on Wii.

i just checked rpgs page here for wii and there is one single page which is enough to tell me the quantity when compared to other consoles.

still i want a wii which will help me experience both wii and gamecube gaming goodness.
---