"Wii U owners are lucky to get any 3rd party games. 3rd parties are businusses."

#1TheGreatUnownPosted 2/11/2014 2:14:42 PM
80/80

That's like saying Microsoft fans are lucky to get an XBox One even if it had all the DRM policies. After all, it makes devs money. That's all that matters, right?
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579 XBL:IronPatriot215 Steam: phantom_xii
Wii U board in a nutshell: bit.ly/1aiXYfW
#2FayeLadyPosted 2/11/2014 2:17:44 PM
I'd say that the Xbone polices are a pretty good example. If you don't like a practice, don't support it. Maybe it will change.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#3Golden MavenPosted 2/11/2014 2:19:08 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
businusses
#4sharinaginPosted 2/11/2014 2:21:27 PM
Third parties aren't morally/ethically/whatever obligated to support a system under any conditions, but especially if they're taking losses and selling poorly on it. Get over it.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#5TheGreatUnown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 2:24:08 PM
sharinagin posted...
Third parties aren't morally/ethically/whatever obligated to support a system under any conditions, but especially if they're taking losses and selling poorly on it. Get over it.

If the XBox One had the DRM policies, would you be alright with that?
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579 XBL:IronPatriot215 Steam: phantom_xii
Wii U board in a nutshell: bit.ly/1aiXYfW
#6hiphops_saviorPosted 2/11/2014 2:25:35 PM
Sometimes, investment and risk taking is a necessary part of business, even if it means losses.
#7TrixonePosted 2/11/2014 2:28:20 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
sharinagin posted...

The XBone and PS4 already have DRM, it's just that devs have to implement them.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: Dragon's Crown, RE: Revelations, SSFIV:AE - Samurai of Legend
#8Golden MavenPosted 2/11/2014 2:30:26 PM
The XBox One DRM policies were actually beneficial to the paying customer. Now we've been pulled back a few years after Microsoft had to revise them. Shame, cause a lot of the whiners had no intention of buying an XBox One in the first place.
#9sharinaginPosted 2/11/2014 2:31:42 PM
TheGreatUnown posted...
sharinagin posted...

Yeah because I've been gaming on PC for the last ten years and DRM actually hasn't destroyed my entire world. It's annoying but there are way worse things than DRM.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#10Golden MavenPosted 2/11/2014 2:32:56 PM
Microsoft was trying to bring us closer to Steam, a beloved platform on the PC. I don't hear anyone complain about Steam's DRM policies because of how well they are implemented and how beneficial they are.