"Wii U owners are lucky to get any 3rd party games. 3rd parties are businusses."

#11Cubfan082Posted 2/11/2014 3:34:51 PM
sharinagin posted...
Third parties aren't morally/ethically/whatever obligated to support a system under any conditions, but especially if they're taking losses and selling poorly on it. Get over it.

omg this.

I don't understand why gamers think this medium does not respond to market pressures or resource constraints.

developers don't owe you anything, they have lights to keep on and bills to pay, they don't work for free. You want third party support, buy their titles.

Stop with "well if we got equal treatment we would" nonsense, so long as it is on their dime and their risk, they will give us what we will support. You don't want a skin and bones Splinter Cell? Perhaps you should have preordered it to a level over 100k, not 6k...

we all have to make choices with our funds, but I made a choice to skip NSMBU in favor of buying third party for this very reason.

no one has to buy third party games, but not buying them only guarantees we won't get anything more...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#12squatch22Posted 2/11/2014 3:35:11 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Microsoft was trying to bring us closer to Steam, a beloved platform on the PC. I don't hear anyone complain about Steam's DRM policies because of how well they are implemented and how beneficial they are.

And u can bet as sure as hell they weren't trying to.bring prices closer to Steam.
---
NNID: Nin10do-1983 PSN: squatch1983
Welcome to DoubleStandardsFAQs - Sony fanboy hypocrisy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpwxF2L37M8
#13GodofLazinessPosted 2/11/2014 3:37:08 PM
After reading the title I was expecting a link to an article of a third party dev saying it.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#14Golden MavenPosted 2/11/2014 3:37:16 PM
squatch22 posted...
And u can bet as sure as hell they weren't trying to.bring prices closer to Steam.

Good point, as always Squatch.
#15LvthnPosted 2/11/2014 3:41:57 PM
Not a matter of "luck." People who bought just a Wii U for this gen and want 3rd party games made a mistake in doing so.
#16Gaston_LegumePosted 2/11/2014 3:48:07 PM
sharinagin posted...
Third parties aren't morally/ethically/whatever obligated to support a system under any conditions, but especially if they're taking losses and selling poorly on it. Get over it.

This, so much. The vicitimization going on here is just laughable.

As far as Xbox ONE goes, MS dropped the DRM. Considering the venom consumers spat at Microsoft for MONTHS after the system's reveal, I'm not sure the system would have gotten the consumer support that would warrant the third-party support it has now.
---
No one uses GameFAQs like Gaston!
I'm especially good at EX-PAC-TO-RA-TING!
#17GoldenJoe24Posted 2/11/2014 4:09:39 PM
sharinagin posted...

Absolutely. So when Tomb Raider sells two million units on the non-Nintendo consoles, and is STILL unprofitable because of the outrageous development costs, why doesn't Squeenix start experimenting with the WiiU?

Or how about: why didn't THQ consider making a serious effort on the original Wii since there was little competition and low development costs, instead of banging their head against the PS360 wall until they went out of business?

I mean, you had 120 studios go out of business last gen, many of them big names. The primary reason is that the cost of making HD AAA games is too high, and necessitates multi-million sales figures just to break even. Nintendo is sitting here holding an olive branch, and everyone wishes death on them for it.

Makes sense.
#18FayeLadyPosted 2/11/2014 4:15:45 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
sharinagin posted...

Absolutely. So when Tomb Raider sells two million units on the non-Nintendo consoles, and is STILL unprofitable because of the outrageous development costs, why doesn't Squeenix start experimenting with the WiiU?

Or how about: why didn't THQ consider making a serious effort on the original Wii since there was little competition and low development costs, instead of banging their head against the PS360 wall until they went out of business?

I mean, you had 120 studios go out of business last gen, many of them big names. The primary reason is that the cost of making HD AAA games is too high, and necessitates multi-million sales figures just to break even. Nintendo is sitting here holding an olive branch, and everyone wishes death on them for it.

Makes sense.

Square did make games for both the Wii and Wii U.
Certainly you must have heard of Udraw?

Nintendo tends to get scraps of development because their platform tend to be less profitable than the Xbox and Playstation. If they Xbox and Playstation versions of a game aren't profitable then the Wii U version would have been an even bigger money sink as was the case with most multiplatform games last year.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#19LvthnPosted 2/11/2014 4:17:38 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...

This is a myth that gets passed around a lot. Tomb Raider was not unprofitable, it just didn't earn as much as SE hoped for. With the "Definitive Edition" now out I don't doubt they've come a lot closer to their original hopes.
#20BigReedPosted 2/11/2014 4:18:56 PM
Golden Maven posted...
TheGreatUnown posted...
businusses

It's always funny when you can see somebody sounding out a spelling.
---
If you like my reviews, recommend them. If you have some suggestions feel free to PM me.