Has Nintendo cancelled the idea of Nintendo Direct?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Has Nintendo cancelled the idea of Nintendo Direct?
2 years ago#1
Has Nintendo decided to not continue with the Direct concept? - Results (395 votes)
Yes - Nintendo has silently killed off Nintendo Directs
19.24% (76 votes)
No - People are just impatient/Nintendo is just taking a while
80.76% (319 votes)
This poll is now closed.
January was the first month since August 2012 that none of the 3 major regions (United States, Japan, Europe) had ANY kind of Direct.

It's been 55 days now...Usually by this time we would've had at least a few regional Directs or Direct-mini's.

So, do you believe Nintendo has cancelled Directs, perhaps because they think they just preach to the choir?
2 years ago#2
No.

Why on earth would they? They're not expensive to produce.

They did have a regional direct in January by the way, a South Korean one. So they didn't even skip a month if you count that region.
Something something something
^Poorly disguised anti-caps sig
2 years ago#3
People are just being impatient.
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
2 years ago#4
Nah, they're just waiting till the right time. Today (the 11th) was a national holiday in Japan, so that's likely why they didn't announce one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Valentine's Day cause Ninty loooooooves uuuuusssss.
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
2 years ago#5
People are wrong to feel the way they do. Nintendo is perfect.
2 years ago#6
georgethecow4 posted...
Nah, they're just waiting till the right time. Today (the 11th) was a national holiday in Japan, so that's likely why they didn't announce one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Valentine's Day cause Ninty loooooooves uuuuusssss.

Are worldwide Directs always announced at around 6:00 am PST 24 hours before airing?
2 years ago#7
Damn, how impatient are you people? Are you constipated and can only let it out until the next Direct happens?
Microsoft has become the new Nintendo and that will kill the Wii U.~cruelbird
2 years ago#8
theres nothing to direct about or else we wouldn't have a 3 month wii u drought
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie Gamertag: Robertzombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047
2 years ago#9
rindain posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

Are worldwide Directs always announced at around 6:00 am PST 24 hours before airing?

Yeah, for the most part. I'm sure there's been a couple of exceptions, but that's usually the case. Hopefully we wake up to an announcement tomorrow, but I don't expect it until Thursday (or maybe next week, if they want to have a last second DK hype section).
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
2 years ago#10
georgethecow4 posted...
rindain posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

Yeah, for the most part. I'm sure there's been a couple of exceptions, but that's usually the case. Hopefully we wake up to an announcement tomorrow, but I don't expect it until Thursday (or maybe next week, if they want to have a last second DK hype section).

I doubt we'll have a Direct on Friday morning of this week, since that would mean late Friday night or Saturday in Japan, and Nintendo likely wants to release its news on a work day when more journalists are writing.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Has Nintendo cancelled the idea of Nintendo Direct?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived