Has Nintendo cancelled the idea of Nintendo Direct?

#1rindainPosted 2/11/2014 6:19:09 PM
Has Nintendo decided to not continue with the Direct concept? - Results (395 votes)
Yes - Nintendo has silently killed off Nintendo Directs
19.24% (76 votes)
No - People are just impatient/Nintendo is just taking a while
80.76% (319 votes)
This poll is now closed.
January was the first month since August 2012 that none of the 3 major regions (United States, Japan, Europe) had ANY kind of Direct.

It's been 55 days now...Usually by this time we would've had at least a few regional Directs or Direct-mini's.

So, do you believe Nintendo has cancelled Directs, perhaps because they think they just preach to the choir?
#2Lightning StrikesPosted 2/11/2014 6:35:46 PM
No.

Why on earth would they? They're not expensive to produce.

They did have a regional direct in January by the way, a South Korean one. So they didn't even skip a month if you count that region.
---
Something something something
^Poorly disguised anti-caps sig
#3KatonPosted 2/11/2014 6:36:58 PM
People are just being impatient.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#4georgethecow4Posted 2/11/2014 6:38:09 PM
Nah, they're just waiting till the right time. Today (the 11th) was a national holiday in Japan, so that's likely why they didn't announce one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Valentine's Day cause Ninty loooooooves uuuuusssss.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#5Golden MavenPosted 2/11/2014 6:44:21 PM
People are wrong to feel the way they do. Nintendo is perfect.
#6rindain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 6:56:20 PM
georgethecow4 posted...
Nah, they're just waiting till the right time. Today (the 11th) was a national holiday in Japan, so that's likely why they didn't announce one. I wouldn't be surprised to see it on Valentine's Day cause Ninty loooooooves uuuuusssss.

Are worldwide Directs always announced at around 6:00 am PST 24 hours before airing?
#7MushroomMuncherPosted 2/11/2014 6:57:48 PM
Damn, how impatient are you people? Are you constipated and can only let it out until the next Direct happens?
---
Microsoft has become the new Nintendo and that will kill the Wii U.~cruelbird
#8kukingina2Posted 2/11/2014 6:58:27 PM
theres nothing to direct about or else we wouldn't have a 3 month wii u drought
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie Gamertag: Robertzombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047
#9georgethecow4Posted 2/11/2014 6:59:30 PM
rindain posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

Are worldwide Directs always announced at around 6:00 am PST 24 hours before airing?

Yeah, for the most part. I'm sure there's been a couple of exceptions, but that's usually the case. Hopefully we wake up to an announcement tomorrow, but I don't expect it until Thursday (or maybe next week, if they want to have a last second DK hype section).
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#10rindain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 7:05:49 PM
georgethecow4 posted...
rindain posted...
georgethecow4 posted...

Yeah, for the most part. I'm sure there's been a couple of exceptions, but that's usually the case. Hopefully we wake up to an announcement tomorrow, but I don't expect it until Thursday (or maybe next week, if they want to have a last second DK hype section).

I doubt we'll have a Direct on Friday morning of this week, since that would mean late Friday night or Saturday in Japan, and Nintendo likely wants to release its news on a work day when more journalists are writing.