Do you actually dislike the New Super Mario Bros series or are you burned out???

#1ThaxagoodnamePosted 2/11/2014 6:46:39 PM
Forced 80/80

I understand that every calls them rehashes and bashes them to no end but, IMO, they aren't bad. I've only owned the original New Super Mario Bros and New Super Mario Bros U. I'm not burned out on the series because I never owned the other two games. Sure they reused a lot of elements from each subsequent game but, all in all, they're still some of the best platformers out there.
---
"I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." -SomeLikeItHoth
#2cruelbirdPosted 2/11/2014 6:49:39 PM
Just burned out. I'm always up for a few levels when friends are over but I gotta be honest, I'm not buying them for my own enjoyment.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 2/11/2014 6:51:56 PM
I'm not burned out, as I hadn't bought any until Super Luigi.

I don't think the idea was ever for everybody to buy all of them.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4EasterEggHunterPosted 2/11/2014 6:54:16 PM(edited)
I dont like them. 2D mario games could be muchmuch better, yet they insist on rehashing the same music and using generic level design to make a quick buck. They also take way to long to get challenging, if they ever do. Good thibg luigi u did that but still.
---
This signature is one of my greatest accomplishments.....Brick Road
The internet in a nutshell: http://youtu.be/_mDFwJL2Xus
#5jamieyello0Posted 2/11/2014 6:54:53 PM
Eh, it hasn't been the same since super mario galaxy 2. Ever since whatshisname decided if an 8 year old can't beat it then it's to hard. So I haven't been getting any of the new ones. Super mario 3d land didn't feel like a mario game, it felt like a level explorer with Mario controls.
---
I impulsively closed my main account. I have no regrets.
#6HeracylostPosted 2/11/2014 6:54:59 PM
Just burned out on Mario in general. They are good, but I'm over it for now.

But a new Super Mario RPG.... I'm all in.
#7HambodiasPosted 2/11/2014 6:57:29 PM
New super mario bros u is the first game I bought and I didn't hate it but I only got to the snow world before quitting cuz I was just uninterested

It just wasn't fun to me and I have absolutely no desire to at it after getting 3D world.
---
Dertbag Clothing
GT: Lord Hambo, NNID: Hambodias1
#8Darkwing EXEPosted 2/11/2014 6:59:06 PM
All I have are the original DS and Wii games and I'm burned the **** out.
I love 2D platiformers, but these Mario games put me to sleep, even when playing with someone. If they plan to make another 2D Mario, I pray it's more like World than just a another of the New series.
---
"That's the way it works. I, the star, take a beating; then muster uncommon strength, and win." -Haze Shenron
www.rockman-dash.com/1125.jpg
#9DarkerDaiPosted 2/11/2014 7:03:24 PM
I loved the DS version but now they just feel too much of the same. I never finished the Wii version because I got bored with it. I have the Wii U version, flew through it and never played it again. I liked 3D World but felt it was lacking. It's hard to describe but I was hoping for something on the scale of Mario 64.

If they even brought the Mario & Luigi franchise to the Wii U, I would snap it up. Or a Mario RPG with some other Nintendo characters, kind of like Super Smash Bros.
---
#cliffybdouchecanoe
FC: 2964-9402-4914
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 2/11/2014 7:05:02 PM
Bit of both. Burned out, but at the same time, they don't do really anything new or interesting enough to justify their existence outside of being a product designed to make profit.
---
I think the launch of other video game systems is also good for us - Iwata of Nintendo
the playstation 2 sure helped dreamcast - magemaximus