PS4 'nearly doubling' nearest next-gen competitor's sales in January.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PS4 'nearly doubling' nearest next-gen competitor's sales in January.

User Info: AdamLazaruso

AdamLazaruso
3 years ago#1
https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/434102813178597376

Is its nearest next-gen competitor the Wii U or XBone?

Either way, it seems like the Wii U can't possibly have sold that well in January if that's the case although at least the XBone seems to be struggling too.

January is also when the Wii U started to hit its big sales slump so it looks like the PS4 has managed to avoid that fate for now at the very least.
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.

User Info: StrongBlackVine

StrongBlackVine
3 years ago#2
Estimated numbers(we'll know more later this evening)

PS4 - 290K
Xflop - 143K
Wii U - 40K

User Info: slumpcat

slumpcat
3 years ago#3
Gotta get me one of those.
3DS FC: 4038 - 6477 - 5980

User Info: AdamLazaruso

AdamLazaruso
3 years ago#4
StrongBlackVine posted...
Estimated numbers(we'll know more later this evening)

PS4 - 290K
Xflop - 143K
Wii U - 40K

That's more than double, not almost double...
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.

User Info: Voysa_Reezun

Voysa_Reezun
3 years ago#5
slumpcat posted...

I have one and it's awesome, but if you wanted to wait until June/July, I wouldn't blame you. By that time, InFamous, MLB The Show, and Watch.Dogs should all be out.

If you're getting one for RPGs, you can probably just wait a year. And again, I say this as a happy launch owner of the PS4. The games are coming slow, particularly the first-party ones (as to be expected in the first year of a console's existence).
Faves of last gen (360): 1. Alpha Protocol; 2. Sonic Generations; 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum; 4. Saints Row 2; 5. Fallout 3; Best DL: Costume Quest, Iron Brigade

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 years ago#6
PS4 looks really great to get in a year or two, yea.
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
TSV: 466 IGN: Lia

User Info: _future109

_future109
3 years ago#7
It's just the Sony Pony sheep brigade. They'll go back to pasture eventually and Wii U will pass them both up. Third parties deserve to fail for not supporting it.
This signature contains material from Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that. :/

User Info: sonic777

sonic777
3 years ago#8
_future109 posted...
It's just the Sony Pony sheep brigade. They'll go back to pasture eventually and Wii U will pass them both up. Third parties deserve to fail for not supporting it.

PS1: 100 Million
PS2: 150 Million
PS3: 80 Million

There's a LOT of Sony Ponies (stupidest insult ever) out there, if that's the logic you want to use.

PS4 - 60 Million this year confirmed.
ZeroArchery posted... I know, I missed the 1 on my keyboard. 3DS stayed at 2.7 Million for its first year. Wii U already passed it.

User Info: slumpcat

slumpcat
3 years ago#9
Voysa_Reezun posted...
slumpcat posted...

I have one and it's awesome, but if you wanted to wait until June/July, I wouldn't blame you. By that time, InFamous, MLB The Show, and Watch.Dogs should all be out.

If you're getting one for RPGs, you can probably just wait a year. And again, I say this as a happy launch owner of the PS4. The games are coming slow, particularly the first-party ones (as to be expected in the first year of a console's existence).

I'll probably end up getting one this summer. I definitely want to get Destiny for PS4 when it launches next September.
3DS FC: 4038 - 6477 - 5980
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. PS4 'nearly doubling' nearest next-gen competitor's sales in January.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived