PS4 'nearly doubling' nearest next-gen competitor's sales in January.

#31EndgamePosted 2/13/2014 6:07:09 PM
The PS4 is proof that hype can sell a console more than games. I really like the system but I can't deny that there's a drought of games at the moment.

you can replace "PS4" with X1, Wii U, Vita or 3DS, and it will still hold true

no current non-PC system has games worth playing
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#32Falling DownPosted 2/13/2014 6:09:43 PM
Endgame posted...
The PS4 is proof that hype can sell a console more than games. I really like the system but I can't deny that there's a drought of games at the moment.

you can replace "PS4" with X1, Wii U, Vita or 3DS, and it will still hold true

no current non-PC system has games worth playing

The ps4's games are PC ports. Outlast and don't starve, add in resogun, and cod ghost, bf4, ac4, and a few others, there have actually been a lot of games for a system not even 4 months old.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#33Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/13/2014 6:18:30 PM
lordofthenlpple posted...
ps4 doesnt havent any games I want ...Now or later....Im kind of curious what Deep Down is going to be like since Dragons Dogma was pretty good. But the f2p thing is kind of iffy.

There are gameplay videos of it on Youtube. Very deliberate gameplay plus some amazing physics with the magic engine. The dragon breaths fire that flows like a liquid and the player can block it with a tornado or ice block, one swirling it up and the other melting.

Plays a lot of Dark Souls or Monster Hunter with deliberate aiming attacks requiring skill.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#34sjc1279Posted 2/13/2014 6:54:08 PM
wugeezy posted...
sjc1279 posted...
$400 ps4 looks better investment than $300 wii u for most consumer. Ps4 has so many games coming in thefuture and wii u looks like its dying console.

A dying console....that you cant stop talking about. Seeing your sig shows you have a ps4, so you should be content, not worried about posting on a board for a system you could give two F***s about.

I don't own it, but we still have 1 wii u in our house.
---
PS4 1TB
PS Vita 16GB
#35itsmeaustinPosted 2/13/2014 8:32:40 PM
StrongBlackVine posted...
itsmeaustin posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
itsmeaustin posted...
Xbone sales are rumored to be atrocious for all of January, especially in Europe. Retailers haven't ordered additional stock since December. Sales collapsed after Christmas.

MS said they shipped 3.9 million Xbones and sold about 3 million of them. Now if you compare this to the Wii U, this is nearly IDENTICAL to what Nintendo shipped and sold in its launch in 2012. They shipped nearly 3.9 million Wii Us and sold through 3.06 million during Nov-Dec. The difference is it took Nintendo until NOVEMBER to sell through 4 million Wii Us. They actually had negative sales in Europe due to returns from retailers.

According to VGC, XB1 is currently outselling Wii U but not by a whole bunch. VGC has been wrong though and has been overtracking the XB1 since it launched and undertracking the Wii U.

XB1 probably isn't selling any better or worse than the Wii U. PS4 is another story. Supply only recently caught up with demand. You can now walk into the store and likely buy one and if not you can go for a short drive until you find one. The ebay markup collapsed last week and it's selling below cost on Craig's List.

It's very likely that sales of the PS4 were front-loaded by early adopters and Sony fans starved for new hardware as well as resellers taking advantage. Its sales could also fall off of a cliff especially with not compelling software (Infamous will appeal to existing buyers and is a terrible franchise; MGS is a cross-platform retail demo; nobody cares about tomb raider)

Keep dreaming. Sony is going to dominate this generation.

I deal in nothing but facts.

Fact is right now PS4 is dominating. You are speculating that demand might fall off a cliff...try harder.

The prices online fell off a cliff, and it is in stock everywhere (although not as much as the Xbone or Wii U).

Forget the Wii, the PS4 failed to outsell the 360 and PS2 the first January of last gen (2007).
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#36Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/13/2014 8:42:03 PM
itsmeaustin posted...
The prices online fell off a cliff, and it is in stock everywhere (although not as much as the Xbone or Wii U).

Forget the Wii, the PS4 failed to outsell the 360 and PS2 the first January of last gen (2007).

Your information is bad and you're in for a rude surprise.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#37ElectricMolePosted 2/13/2014 8:44:20 PM
_future109 posted...
It's just the Sony Pony sheep brigade. They'll go back to pasture eventually and Wii U will pass them both up. Third parties deserve to fail for not supporting it.

no facts there. just bitterness towards sony ponies and third parties.

you do realized that if wii u were to sell alot, its those same sony ponies you ridicule that have to make up part of thost sales? how ignorant can you get?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#38itsmeaustinPosted 2/13/2014 8:51:43 PM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
itsmeaustin posted...

Info's already been posted, cowboy. It's official

Wii Jan 2007 > 360 Jan 2007 > PS2 (!!) Jan 2007 > PS4 Jan 2014
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#39Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/13/2014 9:03:55 PM
itsmeaustin posted...
Valor_Phoenix posted...
itsmeaustin posted...

Info's already been posted, cowboy. It's official

Wii Jan 2007 > 360 Jan 2007 > PS2 (!!) Jan 2007 > PS4 Jan 2014 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wii U all of 2013

fixd
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#40VRX3000Posted 2/13/2014 9:09:02 PM
Shadow_Ganon posted...
Source: creamsugar @ NeoGAF

3ds: below 130k
ps3: below 60k
360: below 50k
wii u: below 55k
wii: below 25k
vita: below 25k

Wow, compare that with Jan 07:

Wii - 436,000
360 - 294,000
PS3 - 244,000
PS2 - 299,000
NDS - 239,000
PSP - 211,000
GBA - 179,000
GC - 34,000

Even the leading PS4 couldn't outdo the Wii. The Xbone, which was second place last month, had worse sales than every system from Jan 07 (excluding GCN). Gaming is dying indeed.

Guys, it's down all around, even PS4. The hardcore fans are buying, but the casuals are sticking with the 360/PS3/Wii. I expect another bump for PS4 with Japan launch, but after that I expect all three to be in a similar situation.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.