Impressions of the Spring Direct (Just watched, I know I'm late)

#1wingo84Posted 2/13/2014 5:24:54 PM
Positives
----------

3DS (Everything about it. Cant Wait to play Weapon Shop de Omasse / Etrian Odyssey)

Battle footage from X! (The fact its based on Xenoblade is fantastic news! I loved it)

Little Mac! (Smash just looks AMAZING)

Kart date

Bayonetta 2 footage

Child of Light details

Gameboy Advance on VC

NES Remix 2

Donkey Kong Trailer (Game is sold on me now)

Negatives
-----------

Nothing new announced for Wii U

No details or even apologies for current state on the VC catalogue on Wii U

No specific dates within 2014 for Bayo/Smash

Not even a 2014 guarantee for X (sad face)

---------------

Personally thats it for me. Enjoyed what they had to show (I own a 3DS which helps!).

I didn't expect anything new to be announced (Although I wanted to know lots of new games coming out in spring to save Wii U) And since they stated it was a spring event It explains the 3DS dominance since Wii U doesn't have much coming out.

We now need a Wii U direct talking about system updates, future titles etc etc. But Id expect that to come in April.
---
"Agnes wore sexy clothes, and it was awesome!" - Ringabell
Wii U NNID - Wingo84 - - - 3DS FC - 2122-7025-1013 (PM me so I can add back)
#2thefabregas22Posted 2/13/2014 5:36:12 PM
I personally think it was crap, we got 30 mins of 3ds titles most of them eshop not even a word said about the titles that were announced over a year ago, X gameplay was good but not even a 2014, bayo 2 still, still just 2014 and mk is of course releasing at thevvery end of may. I would mention how we saw nothing on xs story or even the final name you know but maybe that's going overboard?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3wingo84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 5:48:11 PM
thefabregas22 posted...
I personally think it was crap, we got 30 mins of 3ds titles most of them eshop not even a word said about the titles that were announced over a year ago, X gameplay was good but not even a 2014, bayo 2 still, still just 2014 and mk is of course releasing at thevvery end of may. I would mention how we saw nothing on xs story or even the final name you know but maybe that's going overboard?

It was unfair not to give us a better indication of dates. Personally it feels like they've given up with Wii U. I won't be too bothered as long as I get X and Smash.

It was just a mediocre show. Not really worth the wait at all, but like I said, I enjoyed what was shown (Bayonetta is looking amazing) Iwata needs to put his foot down and get those games finished asap.

For Wii U only owners, it sucked.
---
#4JackalPosted 2/13/2014 6:00:28 PM
I just watched too. A lot of 3DS stuff as usual. I believe there were two dates for Wii U games. DKTF and MK8. X had some gameplay which quite honest didn't look that appealing to me. I never played the Xeno game that they referenced so the controls are new to me. I would have to take the time to get to know them. I'll hold off my judgment for now because we still have no real info on the game. Bayo2 actually looks great! I probably wouldn't buy it for the same reason that that I pass on the DMC games but that doesn't mean that it can't be a great game.

What I did find funny was the FPS and games with all of the additional pay-to-play elements. You want to feel good about pitching? That will be $4!!! Want to feel good about umping? That will be $4!!! Don't want to pay $4? Haggle the dog! haha! W..T..FFFFF!!!! lol!

And then you have the indie games that look like they should be on the OUYA. ;)

I won't even comment on NES Remix 2. =P

They game us an update which is what people wanted but no dates? Just a please wait? No problem Nintendo. EDF 2025 comes out next week. I won't even notice the wait.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#5wingo84(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 12:50:16 AM
Jackal posted...
I just watched too. A lot of 3DS stuff as usual. I believe there were two dates for Wii U games. DKTF and MK8. X had some gameplay which quite honest didn't look that appealing to me. I never played the Xeno game that they referenced so the controls are new to me. I would have to take the time to get to know them. I'll hold off my judgment for now because we still have no real info on the game. Bayo2 actually looks great! I probably wouldn't buy it for the same reason that that I pass on the DMC games but that doesn't mean that it can't be a great game.

What I did find funny was the FPS and games with all of the additional pay-to-play elements. You want to feel good about pitching? That will be $4!!! Want to feel good about umping? That will be $4!!! Don't want to pay $4? Haggle the dog! haha! W..T..FFFFF!!!! lol!

They game us an update which is what people wanted but no dates? Just a please wait? No problem Nintendo. EDF 2025 comes out next week. I won't even notice the wait.

The Xeno gameplay was there to show how it is based on Xenoblade battle style. It's hard to describe but you basically press a button to engage in combat (unless the monster is aggressive and automatically attacks you) and if you are close enough you automatically attack with a basic attack. You can then choose from a selection of special attacks at the bottom that take time to reload once used. The fun comes from being able to chain attacks based on its colour or using a set order of the colours to induce certain effects. Probably not explained it well, but it works perfect with the game.

The lack of dates made it frustrating as these were the games that have been the most anticipated (by me at least)
---
#6noutBrPosted 2/14/2014 1:06:36 AM
wingo84 posted...
Jackal posted...

The Xeno gameplay was there to show how it is based on Xenoblade battle style. It's hard to describe but you basically press a button to engage in combat (unless the monster is aggressive and automatically attacks you) and if you are close enough you automatically attack with a basic attack. You can then choose from a selection of special attacks at the bottom that take time to reload once used. The fun comes from being able to chain attacks based on its colour or using a set order of the colours to induce certain effects. Probably not explained it well, but it works perfect with the game.

The lack of dates made it frustrating as these were the games that have been the most anticipated (by me at least)

As if no-one who played Xenoblade already knew that based on the very first trailer that was shown...

Xenoblade is my favourite game of last generation and I'm really looking forward to hearing more news about X but this footage was meh and basically revealed nothing big we didn't already know or suspect. It even makes me worry more because at least a proper trailer could have given the impression that this game will have a solid and amazing single player story.

From what we've seen so far it could also be a big multiplayer fest which is not really my cup of tea so I really hope my fears won't come true and single player X will be just as amazing as Xenoblade.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#7EternalDividePosted 2/14/2014 1:11:27 AM
I'm finally getting to the news too.
It does feel like they've just thrown in the towel with the Wii U. Sure, sure they showed SSB, X and MK8 and I'm just as excited about these games as anyone else is. But seriously. That's it? Some new character(s) for MK8 and SSB. And don't say it was only for spring because X and SSB are later. I saw someone say Iwata said Luigi runs right to left in an old MB game being re-released remix. Did he really say that? Really. That's his idea of being a draw for people. Jesus tap dancing Christ! That says it all right there. We paid $300+ for a new HD console to play 30 year old games.

This was their chance amid all the very real doom and gloom to show they even had the slightest intention of righting the ship. They're not going to wait until E3, they're going to do the same defeatist thing they did last year. So why not now. Now was the chance. Games we already knew were coming and remixes. *finger twirl* If that's all they have and that's all they think of their fan base then Nintendo deserves every nasty negative thing they have coming.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!
#8albertojz356Posted 2/14/2014 1:19:27 AM
EternalDivide posted...
It does feel like they've just thrown in the towel with the Wii U. Sure, sure they showed SSB, X and MK8 and I'm just as excited about these games as anyone else is. But seriously. That's it? Some new character(s) for MK8 and SSB. And don't say it was only for spring because X and SSB are later. I saw someone say Iwata said Luigi runs right to left in an old MB game being re-released remix. Did he really say that? Really. That's his idea of being a draw for people. Jesus tap dancing Christ! That says it all right there. We paid $300+ for a new HD console to play 30 year old games.

This was their chance amid all the very real doom and gloom to show they even had the slightest intention of righting the ship. They're not going to wait until E3, they're going to do the same defeatist thing they did last year. So why not now. Now was the chance. Games we already knew were coming and remixes. *finger twirl* If that's all they have and that's all they think of their fan base then Nintendo deserves every nasty negative thing they have coming.

Oh man I hope not they really should have something for E3 at least if they don't that's really going to be a letdown.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Shantae, and Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#9Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/14/2014 1:29:56 AM
Yeah they really just seem like they're phoning it in with the WiiU. Like they've realized they've made a pretty big misstep and are just coasting along until they're ready to try again.

I'm not that bothered as I already feel like I got my Money's worth and I've still to get Smash, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2 and X, but they aren't going to win any goodwill or new fans.

From a business standpoint, it could well just be too costly for them to try and recover, which is why everything is on the 3DS. Focus on the success.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#10noutBrPosted 2/14/2014 1:32:17 AM
albertojz356 posted...
EternalDivide posted...

Oh man I hope not they really should have something for E3 at least if they don't that's really going to be a letdown.

Well apparently Miyamoto is working a "new IP" and Aonuma is working on Zelda Wii U. Those are things that they will definitely have to reveal or show more off this year at the very least.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r