No new Wii U news today?

#1RPGMaster95Posted 2/13/2014 10:01:42 PM
More than ever it feels Nintendo is making maximum efforts on the 3DS front and simply finishing what they started for Wii U.

Todays Wii U news was more gameplay and characters for games weve known about for some time. It was literally "hey we havent dropped anything and yes youre still getting your games this year".

No new IPs, no new firmware for the dozens of problems, no new games other than, drum roll, a 30 year old game in reverse, lol.

Nice to see they are still chugging, but after today I believe more than ever theyre already planning the Wii Us successor.

Tldr? Do we even know if X is single player or online yet?
---
Vegeta trolls Frieza:
http://youtu.be/JA8hx3YPdtw
#2RahzarXPosted 2/13/2014 10:05:55 PM
"Today we're going to provide info for games coming in Spring 2014"
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#3HermeticJusticePosted 2/13/2014 10:06:20 PM
what new exciting game did they show for the 3DS?
---
fuzzy pickles
#4FlyinTonitePosted 2/13/2014 10:11:08 PM
The lack of X information is disturbing. We've known about it for 2 years and we still no next to nothing about it. Also Yarn Yoshi, that fire emblem shin megami crossover seems to be MIA and we don't know much more about Hyrule Warriors, I have no idea what Nintendo is thinking right now.
---
In real life and online I'm a complete self-centered jerk, consistency at its finest.
#5GoombacrusherPosted 2/13/2014 10:12:08 PM
E3
---
kawaii!
#6kaliskonigPosted 2/13/2014 10:18:44 PM(edited)
Again this was to focus on games coming spring 2014. Anything extra was just that. You have your selves to blame for getting your hopes up I think. I am disappointed that bayonets still doesn't have a release date and x still looks like its a ways off. That said Nintendo really did fail to deliver on the wii u front. The 3ds got multiple long awaited announces including two games released right after. Wii u got new remix volume 2 and nothing new. My advice is for everyone to just never get there hopes up when it comes to a wii u announcement. Nintendo are idiots when it comes to hyping up their flagship console. Really is a shame though. One surprise announcement would have been awesome. Announce some kind of Pokemon game for wii u already!
---
3DS FC : 0688-5265-1189
PSN: Alksheperd
#7FlyinTonitePosted 2/13/2014 10:20:25 PM
Goombacrusher posted...
E3

We'd like to spend 75 percent of our conference talking about our exciting new quality of life platform...
---
In real life and online I'm a complete self-centered jerk, consistency at its finest.
#8CubeTVPosted 2/13/2014 10:28:55 PM
For me, it gave me this feeling:

The Wii U pretty much just got "hey. We are still working on these games! We still don't know when they'll be out, however. At least they're still being worked on. So here's a video and some small detail about them. DK is still coming on February 21 and Mario Kart will arrive May 30th." The only new game announced was NES Remix 2.

While the 3DS got "hey. We are done with these games you wanted! Here's when they (Mario Golf, Kirby, Professor Layton and Yoshi) will release. Oh, and we are even working on more surprises which will also be releasing soon (Pokemon Trozei 2, Weapon Shop de Omasse and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball)! Some (Steel Diver 2 and Izuna Eleven) are even on the 3DS eshop right now. Also be on the look out for more on the Nintendo eshop."

If this direct didn't happen, the only thing the Wii U would miss out on is NES Remix 2 wheres the 3DS would miss out on at least 2 months worth of games.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#9RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 10:49:35 PM
kaliskonig posted...
Again this was to focus on games coming spring 2014.

And the problem with that is theres only two wii u games in that time window, both first party, both essentially HD remakes of previous games with new features but nothing wildly original.

360/PS3 have an infinitely better spring than the Wii U. And seeing as this was the chance to reassure us the Wii U isnt going to have a horribly dry first part of the year, they failed.
---
Vegeta trolls Frieza:
http://youtu.be/JA8hx3YPdtw
#10biggy204Posted 2/13/2014 11:29:24 PM
The news was what we already know about the other Wii U games (no release date more teasers), a release date (for MK8 only), GBA VC, and ummmmm Little Mc from Punch Out as a newcommer for Smash.... In other words nothing really Epic like everyone hyped it to be.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else