New Mario Kart 8 trailer blew my mind

#150inchDLPPosted 2/14/2014 3:00:51 AM
Im honest when I say that its what i always dreamed "next gen" would look like. nothing on PS4/PC/Xbox one gives that same feeling. It just looks so great.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#2AvirosbPosted 2/14/2014 3:04:29 AM
>:[
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#350inchDLP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 6:45:45 PM
I can't believe this is real. No one else?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf4stats.com/xone/LouErina
#4Numbuh100Posted 2/14/2014 6:46:45 PM
I like it better than those racing games PS4/XONE have.
---
Please understand.
#5Dux_XPosted 2/14/2014 6:50:10 PM
It looks great.

I wasn't excited for it until that last trailer. The split levels look really cool from what they've shown. And the Koopalings bring some freshness that the series so badly needed.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
#6SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/14/2014 6:55:10 PM
I wonder who's out to make room for all of those koopalings? Makes me not want it just because of the lack of variety. I'm sure they will be in different weight classes, but why have them all and Bowser? Next they will announce Miis, and that will close the non-buy deal for me.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#7LvthnPosted 2/14/2014 6:56:30 PM
50inchDLP posted...
I can't believe this is real. No one else?

PC owner, so no, this looks like something I would have picked up on a Steam sale 6 years ago.

Seriously, is it impressive solely because it's a Nintendo game in actual HD? Have you never played a PC game with non-realistic graphics, with sliders all the way up?

I'm not even hating on the game...it's Mario Kart, same as always, but I'm sure it will be no worse than any other Mario Kart (i.e. if you like it, you like it). But I'm dumbfounded that anyone is really impressed by this, graphically. It's certainly a big step up from MK Wii, but given that we're talking 4x the resolution and decent 3D models, you should kind of expect that.

Game looks ok. It's what you should expect. But "can't believe this is real"? Naw, Crysis came out in 2007, pretty sure I can believe this game in 2014.
#8trenkenPosted 2/14/2014 6:57:33 PM
I can only lol. This franchise is the definition of stale, really not any more evolutionary from one game to the next than cod, and thats a fact buddy boy. Its the same game every time for decades. They clearly do not have any creative people left working at nintendo. MK Wii in HD isnt really cutting it for me.

Yes, I will buy the game because I need something to do on this $350 paperweight, but if Im bored of it after 3 days it wont shock me one bit.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9VeiledGenesisPosted 2/14/2014 6:57:55 PM
50inchDLP posted...
Im honest when I say that its what i always dreamed "next gen" would look like. nothing on PS4/PC/Xbox one gives that same feeling. It just looks so great.

You're playing the wrong PC games then, champ. But you keep on living in that dream, and leave the rest of us alone.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#10Dux_XPosted 2/14/2014 7:00:57 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I wonder who's out to make room for all of those koopalings? Makes me not want it just because of the lack of variety. I'm sure they will be in different weight classes, but why have them all and Bowser? Next they will announce Miis, and that will close the non-buy deal for me.

Hopefully Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, King Boo, Honey Queen, and Lakitu do not return. I'll take the Koopalings who have their own gimmicks over generic Mario baddies any day.

I hate the Mii crap, though.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)