I have the answer! Here's why the Wii U isn't selling! HERE!!! CLICK HERE!!!!!!!

#1samuraigaidenPosted 2/14/2014 11:24:39 AM
80/80 :P

The Wii U's problem is not the gimmicks, it's not the non-existing 3rd party support, it's not the hardware power, and for sure it's not Iwata.

The problem is the lack of 1st party software that convinces people to buy the system. Nintendo consoles live and die by their 1st party support and the Wii U 1st party games are HD rehashes of Wii games most people already own.

One Mario game (3D World) is not enough to make people buy a console in 2013.
#2Cubfan082Posted 2/14/2014 11:26:14 AM
Quoted for truth
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#3TerotrousPosted 2/14/2014 11:27:16 AM
Obviously this is true, but it's not as easy to fix as it seems. Pikmin 3 is a great game, but it doesn't have enough selling power to make a difference.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.ca/ - Watch me play "GEN Cyberball"
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#4BestInTheWorIdPosted 2/14/2014 11:27:30 AM
No. I'ts a combination of all those things and more.
#5wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/14/2014 11:28:12 AM
i bought the wii u for sm3dw

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW OP
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#6MilesTeg420Posted 2/14/2014 11:34:45 AM
I do agree, the main reason is lack of big games. NSMBU, Pikmin 3, SM3DW. That's pretty much it so far for Wii U after more than a year, and Pikmin 3 is arguably a niche franchise.

Not to mention, November 2012 - August 2013 between NSMBU and Pikmin 3. Huge gap between big games, and if you want to call P3 niche, it's more like a 12 month gap between big games, both of which happen to be Mario.

Look back at Wii and it had way, way more big games in a shorter amount of time.

Unfortunately, Nintendo refuse to acknowledge this. Iwata saying stuff like "you might misunderstand that Wii had more software". Uh no Iwata, we aren't misunderstanding anything, it's a clear as day fact that Wii was supported much better with first party software in the first year.
#7docman864Posted 2/14/2014 11:40:19 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
I do agree, the main reason is lack of big games. NSMBU, Pikmin 3, SM3DW. That's pretty much it so far for Wii U after more than a year, and Pikmin 3 is arguably a niche franchise.

Not to mention, November 2012 - August 2013 between NSMBU and Pikmin 3. Huge gap between big games, and if you want to call P3 niche, it's more like a 12 month gap between big games, both of which happen to be Mario.

Look back at Wii and it had way, way more big games in a shorter amount of time.

Unfortunately, Nintendo refuse to acknowledge this. Iwata saying stuff like "you might misunderstand that Wii had more software". Uh no Iwata, we aren't misunderstanding anything, it's a clear as day fact that Wii was supported much better with first party software in the first year.

they're struggling with HD just as many other developers did back when ps360 came out.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#8PUNCHOUT1116Posted 2/14/2014 11:48:16 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68519951

Agreed, and I think alot of other folks do too.

Now there are certainly other factors that contribute to the problem, but the lack of MUST OWN first party software is killing them. Truthfully, they really only have one must own game on the console, and it's just not enough.

Atleast Nintendo is working to rectify the problem by finally getting compelling software on the market in a timely manner... oh wait... they're not.

This console is going to have a rough year, period.

Arguably their biggest game, Mario Kart, wont be out until June. That's half a year since their last big software release, 3D World. Then, you have Smash presumably coming out at the end of the year.

So... their two system sellers are half a year away at the very least. Thats insane. I'm honestly shocked at how unprepared they were for this gen. They had a whole year to work out the kinks, and not only have they failed to do that, but their problems are going to stretch into an entire new year.

I just can't believe how bad they are handling this console...
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#9samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 12:48:50 PM
docman864 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...

they're struggling with HD just as many other developers did back when ps360 came out.

In 2005, that was an acceptable excuse. In 2013, not really. The last 2 years of the Wii were terrible, with a lack of real support, and everybody said it was because Nintendo had put all their teams to work on next-gen software. Now, it's clear that wasn't the case.

What the hell were they doing?
#10DiscostewSMPosted 2/14/2014 12:53:54 PM
The 3DS took 2 games (3D Land and MK7) to start selling. Wii U is half-way there. :P
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project