I have the answer! Here's why the Wii U isn't selling! HERE!!! CLICK HERE!!!!!!!

#41n00bifierPosted 2/15/2014 7:41:16 AM
Sir_Badass posted...
It doesn't count as 80/80 if you spam !!!!s until you hit the cap.

---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road -- neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#42ssjgohhkuPosted 2/15/2014 7:43:59 AM
The answer to everything is but...but.....but....SONY!!
#43SgtInfinityPosted 2/15/2014 8:47:26 AM
Strongly agree with TC.

Regardless of the third party situation, they just aren't getting straight first party games out fast enough.
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if they had all the "mario" sports games again. They need to switch up the formula...their format now is "New _____" in which is the same style of the original games, then add in powerups to make the game cuhrayzee.

At the end of the day, I believe that Nintendo simply isn't running itself like a business, and that's what the market their in is. They refuse to analyze their environment, and they refuse to listen to consumers. There is a certain arrogance from upper management that trickles down throughout the company.
#44kjhoveyPosted 2/15/2014 8:57:57 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
kjhovey posted...
Well, you guessed wrong. I didn't mention anything about PS4 or XBone. I was refuting your false accusation that some of those games are just HD remakes.

I didn't use the word remake. I understand the fact Pikmin 3 is different game than Pikmin 1 and 2. But it's essentially the same gameplay. It's an HD upgrade, not a completely new experience.

Every game series has essentially the same gameplay. Assassins Creed, CoD, Halo, God of War, GTA, etc. etc. I don't understand your point. It's always been like this, with every series.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
Steam= kjhovey GT= kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey
#45David_Duchovny_Posted 2/15/2014 8:59:59 AM
So, how about that Faye Reagan?
#46SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/15/2014 9:24:45 AM
Nintendo put all of their hopes on the Wii owners flocking to another gimmick control setup, so they reduced the Wii U to an imitation of a tablet to try to get a piece of that market, and confused consumers.

Even tablets can do HD, so the gamepad is like a step down, and it needs the console to even work, so it isn't portable like a real tablet. And tablets have better online.

Plus, Nintendo themselves STILL HAVEN'T USED THE GAMEPAD IN ANY SIGNIFICANT WAY in the entire first year. All the talk of "innovative" uses distilled down to second screen maps and inventory management. Nintendo's first "big" release o 2014 doesn't even use the gamepad except for off-tv play, and that's hardly innovative when Nintendo had a massively successful line of handhelds that offer a better solution.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#47wh0_kn0wsPosted 2/15/2014 9:49:10 AM
David_Duchovny_ posted...
So, how about that Faye Reagan?

out of hand, man

out of hand
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#48toomanymouthsPosted 2/15/2014 3:43:21 PM
Lvthn posted...
toomanymouths posted...
Kids today.... (of course, only to blame on their crappy parents).

In all likelihood your parents thought the same thing of your generation and their ridiculous vidya games.

On the contrary to the "crappy parents" remark, it strikes me as far better to let youth find their own path and not impose your values upon them or judge them on the standards of your own youth.

Oh no, crappy parent alert. I hope you can't have kids. Because values are entirely useless.

And we're not talking about a genre of music or sporting activities enjoyed by the new generations. When kids think they have to shoot people in a game to be "cool" and that everything revolves around being "cool" at age 6, no less, they are under too much pressure. This is independent of generational preferences....
#49darkjedilinkPosted 2/15/2014 4:56:14 PM
Lvthn posted...
On the contrary to the "crappy parents" remark, it strikes me as far better to let youth find their own path and not impose your values upon them or judge them on the standards of your own youth.

And that's why we don't score childhood sports, or give out medals at science competitions anymore.
---
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.
#50samuraigaiden(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 8:04:31 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Lvthn posted...

And that's why we don't score childhood sports, or give out medals at science competitions anymore.

LOL at people evaluation parents based on words, not actions. Talking is easy, being a good parent is f***ing HARD!!!