That Nintendo Direct actually had some big surprises and I don't get the hate

#1lowuwPosted 2/15/2014 12:13:28 AM
Little Mac looked amazing

Koopalings in MK + the game looks awesome

We finally get GBA VC in April

NES Remix 2

New gameplay footage of X and Bayonetta

It wasn't as good as last January direct and didn't have enough release dates, but it had some good announcements and got me more excited for the games coming out this year.
#2userfrigginamePosted 2/15/2014 12:24:44 AM(edited)
The only surprise for me was Little Mac. Nothing big. A "big" surprise for me would be something like a new Final Fantasy Tactics game, or a new Mario Party/Tennis game w/ release dates nearly after Kart/Smash release. Or something like Rogue Squadron or a new Megaman Legends. Those are what big surprises would be for me. Still, no hate, no disappointment or anything like that. Just no big surprises.
#3CubeTVPosted 2/15/2014 12:28:15 AM
The hate comes from how poorly done the Wii U part was.

3DS got:
Pretty much everything got a release date
New games were announced (Steel Diver 2, Rustys Real Deal Baseball)
A brand new IP (Rusty's Real Deal Baseball)
Games were localized (Izuna Eleven or whatever it's called)
New info on Mario Golf/Kirby/Yoshi/Professor Layton (again, all with release dates)
Third party games (Monster Hunter 4, that last Guild 01 game) with at least a "in x year" release.

What did the Wii U get?

Wii U got:
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze hype trailer with release date reminder
Mario Kart 8 trailer with a last second "end of Spring May 30th" release even though it just got a "it's coming in the month of May" release date
Some battle footage of X (while good, didn't have a release date)
Some Bayonetta 2 footage (again. Good, but no release date outside 2014)
GBA games are still coming to the Virtual Console (in April too. That's pretty cool)
NES Remix 2 (the only true new thing here. It even has a release date of April 25th)

The Wii U pretty much just got "hey. We are still working on these games! We still don't know when they'll be out, however. At least they're still being worked on." while the 3DS got "hey. We are done with these games! Here's when they will release. Oh, and we are even working on more surprises!"

If you remove this direct, the only thing from the Wii U that will be lost is NES Remix 2. Wheres the 3DS loses almost 3 months worth of games.

While I'm happy for the Direct and the 3DS (I love Mario Golf and Yoshi anything), Nintendo needs to show the Wii U more support. Like... So much more. It won't be happening this year though since Nintendo is trying to push the 3DS for profits.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#4lowuw(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 12:29:48 AM
userfrigginame posted...
The only surprise for me was Little Mac. Nothing big. A "big" surprise for me would be something like a new Final Fantasy Tactics game, or a new Mario Party/Tennis game w/ release dates nearly after Kart/Smash release. Or something like Rogue Squadron or a new Megaman Legends. Those are what big surprises would be for me. Still, no hate, no disappointment or anything like that. Just no big surprises.

There were no new game surprises, but no one was expecting Little Mac reveal and Koopalings in MK for the first time. We also finally know that GBA VC is actually launching soon and I can't wait for Yoshi Island since I never played it on snes.
#5squatch22Posted 2/15/2014 12:37:27 AM
Because its a Nintendo direct.

That's the only reason needed.
---
NNID: Nin10do-1983 PSN: squatch1983
DoubleStandardsFAQs - If you don't own it, you can't afford it.
#6slivrePosted 2/15/2014 12:44:28 AM
because youtube comments are a good indication of anything ,... o wait it is not. I liked it that is all that matters. And people that did not like it keep having the wrong expectations of the nintendo directs, or just love to hate the wii u I guess.
---
Walkthroughs, Introductions, Openings: http://www.youtube.com/user/NathanWubs
#7xoftheuniversePosted 2/15/2014 12:47:52 AM
Let me address the possible reasons.

Little Mac looked amazing - Worried about the ohko move.

Koopalings in MK + the game looks awesome - ANOTHER 3 month gap between DKCTF and MMK8 with nothing major in between.

We finally get GBA VC in April - My GBA collection is complete and I have a Gameboy player with my Gamecube.

NES Remix 2 - first one was overpriced and the second one will probably be the same.

New gameplay footage of X and Bayonetta - they look great but no release dates means late summer - holiday.
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, scrub, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#8Jami393Posted 2/15/2014 12:54:52 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...

Koopalings in MK + the game looks awesome - ANOTHER 3 month gap between DKCTF and MMK8 with nothing major in between.

We finally get GBA VC in April - My GBA collection is complete and I have a Gameboy player with my Gamecube.

NES Remix 2 - first one was overpriced and the second one will probably be the same.

New gameplay footage of X and Bayonetta - they look great but no release dates means late summer - holiday.

They didn't say April they said Spring.
#9Thunderbird8Posted 2/15/2014 5:22:58 AM
Jami393 posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...

They didn't say April they said Spring.

I didn't watch the Direct itself, but a tweet from Nintendo said April.
#10random_man9119Posted 2/15/2014 5:40:51 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...

While this is cool and I envy you (my only GBA games are Pokemon Emerald, Sapphire, and Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland) this is more of a personal note that I don't think can apply to the majority...

Personally, I'm excited to get to play GBA games on my Wii U and most will probably be a day 1 buy... Especially Superstar Saga and Metroid Fusion
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia