A Games console needs 3rd party publishers

#1its_mattPosted 2/15/2014 2:08:09 AM
And lots of them, that release on other platforms also. To benefit the gamer, technology needs to progress and that is by third parties pushing the hardware available and releasing on other platforms so a gamer can see which hardware is providing developers with the best platform to make their games. If left just to 1st party games hardware will stagnate because no console manufacturer wants to make their hardware look bad so they will make nice neat tidy games that sit within the limitations of the hardware and they won't push the hardware unless 3rd parties do. This is Nintendo's problem.
#2Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/15/2014 2:15:06 AM(edited)
Congratulations caller you are the 100th person to point this out this week

I'd offer you a prize but prizes are a positive thing and thus not allowed here. However maybe I can give you one of these victim cards Rasputin leaves lying about the place. Here take mine, don't be shy.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#3its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 2:18:28 AM(edited)
Neo_Heartless posted...

I'd offer you a prize but prizes are a positive thing and thus not allowed here. However maybe I can give you one of these victim cards Rasputin leaves lying about the place. Here take mine, don't be shy.

There is nothing negative about constructive criticism. This problem started with the N64 and Nintendo have done nothing to fix it, I suggest they start or do a Sega.
#4Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/15/2014 2:22:00 AM
its_matt posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...

There is nothing negative about constructive criticism. This problem started with the N64 and Nintendo have done nothing to fix it, I suggest they start or do a Sega.

I know, but you're preaching to a choir where one half are getting sick of hearing the same thing and the other half are tone deaf and think everything is fine.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#5ssjgohhkuPosted 2/15/2014 7:50:10 AM
It doesn't.
#6ZatchBellPosted 2/15/2014 7:51:52 AM
More third party=more games=more sales of hardware. The more games the better, gives gamers more choices.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#7ssjgohhkuPosted 2/15/2014 7:52:45 AM
ZatchBell posted...
More third party=more games=more sales of hardware. The more games the better, gives gamers more choices.

Go away Sony Pony.
#8ZatchBellPosted 2/15/2014 8:12:02 AM
Bought a Wii u on January 27th and have a 3ds. Also own a PS3. Not a fan boy, just a straight shooter, who calls it like it is. Only ignorant people hate the truth.
---
Sega Fan for Life
#9knuxnolePosted 2/15/2014 8:13:24 AM
People should KNOW to not use Nintendo consoles as the primary.

I mean, if you are silly enough to ONLY buy a Wii U, or Wii, it's 100% your fault. They're purpose is to SUPPLEMENT the PS3(PS4) and 360(XBoxOne)
---
3DS FC: 4554-0309-4782
#10Neo_HeartlessPosted 2/15/2014 8:17:48 AM
ZatchBell posted...

Yes, but most third parties aren't going to take that risk.

On the other hand, they'll weather whatever hits they have to take for the PS4 and Xbone because they believe they'll eventually become profitable. Wherever it's business or personal reasons, the fact that they'll risk themselves for the PS4 and Xbone, but not the WiiU, shows the true face of third party publishers. One that hides behind misinformation because to be honest (development is a huge gamble) risks plunging the market in a crash.

At this point it'll take the total collapse of Sony and Microsoft to even make third parties think about supporting Nintendo in any meaningful way. This is what I believe.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]