Has anyone actually said "Nintendo can do no wrong"?

#21sonic777Posted 2/16/2014 4:53:48 PM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
Google "Nintendo can do no wrong"

About 63,200 results (0.39 seconds)

And? I "Googled" chick f***ing a whale.

About 1,880,000 results (0.45 seconds)

Obviously, we have an epidemic of women having sex with whales.
---
ZeroArchery posted... I know, I missed the 1 on my keyboard. 3DS stayed at 2.7 Million for its first year. Wii U already passed it.
#22Baha05Posted 2/16/2014 4:54:51 PM
Only trolls ever use that saying and it's mainly used when people point out the faw but give a reason why something can be flawed.
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#23Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/16/2014 5:03:25 PM
sonic777 posted...
And? I "Googled" chick f***ing a whale.

About 1,880,000 results (0.45 seconds)

Obviously, we have an epidemic of women having sex with whales.

You did it wrong. If you're searching for an exact phrase, it needs to be in "double quotes".

Google finds zero matches for that phrase, then gives 1.8 million for the same phrase without quotes, which is a very wide net.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/136861?hl=en
http://www.google.com/insidesearch/tipstricks/all.html
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#24omniryuPosted 2/16/2014 5:05:37 PM
But Nintendo CANT do know wrong. Seriously.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#25Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/16/2014 5:09:58 PM
Here's an actual example:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-9839424-17.html

Why Nintendo can do no wrong with the DS

Don Reisinger believes Nintendo could do anything with the DS and people would still love. Is that true?

Suffice it to say, Nintendo can increase the DS price to $200, raise game prices to $50, make every system the color of vomit and everyone will still line up for the device. And perhaps this is not as much a testament to its unique design as it is to Nintendo's ability to offer the right product to the right customer. If nothing else, the company certainly knows how to bring a compelling mobile device to each and every consumer.

What about giving it a 3D screen and increased hardware power?
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#26sharinaginPosted 2/16/2014 5:12:25 PM
It isn't the literal phrase, it's the constant refusal to think critically about the company and just tow the company line and being blindly loyal to the brand. But you're right, since the phrase "Nintendo can do no wrong" doesn't get said explicitly, you've totally got a very valid point.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#27Baha05Posted 2/16/2014 5:16:22 PM
sharinagin posted...
It isn't the literal phrase, it's the constant refusal to think critically about the company and just tow the company line and being blindly loyal to the brand. But you're right, since the phrase "Nintendo can do no wrong" doesn't get said explicitly, you've totally got a very valid point.

But it's mostly used to brush away opposing or reasoning behind some of the faults or why some solutions people give in their critical thinking don't work. Because believe it or not you can point out both the flaws of Nintendo and still give an actual sound reason for said flaws, the big problem is there are FAR too few people on Gamefaqs that can give legit critical points against Nintendo and give actual sound and logical fixes for their issues. It's mostly at this point taking stabs at Nintendo, stabs at the fans, and brushing off similar issues in the industry.
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#28MushroomMuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 5:21:55 PM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
sonic777 posted...
Listen, I'm sure nobody has probably ever said that exact phrase.

I'm also sure that many people imply that with their posts; even if they are parody accounts (yeti, thundercat, Fisto, squatch)

Google "Nintendo can do no wrong"

About 63,200 results (0.39 seconds)

And 99.9% of those are sarcastic insults...
---
Microsoft has become the new Nintendo and that will kill the Wii U.~cruelbird
#29Lefty128kPosted 2/16/2014 5:27:58 PM
MushroomMuncher posted...
SUPER3METROIDX posted...
Yet again people blinding defending Nintendo like idiots.
Xenoblade sold more in NA than Japan and europe combined. And with no advertising and being handled probably as bad as possible as well. Imagine if they actually advertised it and didn't completely screw up the launch?
But no Nintendo is flawless and can never do anything wrong, just like the Wii U is perfect and selling millions due to focusing on amazing titles like Wii Fit U (which bombed btw).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68584762?page=1#17

kimaochi posted...
Because in their eyes Nintendo can do no wrong and whatever adversity they face is the fault of others and not their own. To them any criticism of Nintendo is considered blasphemy and a sacrilege. Now it's time to wait for these guardians of Nintendo to show up on this thread and watch them attempt to silence any critics who dare commit such acts of heresy against their focal point of cult worship.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/67179581

Schwepps01 posted...
Translation: LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU! LORD NINTENDO DOES NO WRONG!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/68549991

LMAO, you must have been holding onto that list for awhile.

Now it's time to prove.......
"Whenever someone is making fun of "fanboys", they always say this line."

So show us people always saying this line when "making fun of fanboys".
#30Lefty128kPosted 2/16/2014 5:30:48 PM
amadeofan1 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
MushroomMuncher posted...
Whenever someone is making fun of "fanboys", they always say this line. So has anyone actually said this?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has made mistakes, nobody is perfect.

Provide several sourced examples.

Was it you? Have a guilty conscience?

No, Ignorant Fanboy.