Has anyone actually said "Nintendo can do no wrong"?

#41MushroomMuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 7:19:14 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Yes, I have trouble accepting obviously contradictory statements.

You are apparently ignorant enough to just accept them at face value.

My point is still lost on him...lol
---
Microsoft has become the new Nintendo and that will kill the Wii U.~cruelbird
#42HungoverHero777Posted 2/16/2014 7:21:55 PM
MushroomMuncher posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Yes, I have trouble accepting obviously contradictory statements.

You are apparently ignorant enough to just accept them at face value.

My point is still lost on him...lol

Oh, you mean he replied to my post? Lol, Lefty, you were on the ignore list for as long as I remember. But hey, it's your time to waste :)
---
"WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP?!?!" -Zim, Invader Zim
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#43Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/16/2014 7:25:40 PM(edited)
From what I saw from my Google search, it is often used ironically when describing how Nintendo has done wrong contrary to fan expectations.

There are exceptions where fans literally thought Nintendo could do no wrong.

http://newenglandgamer.com/nintendo-proves-again-why-the-3ds-is-the-system-to-own/

Well there you have it. I just feel like Nintendo can do no wrong. Every time someone counts them out, they seem to go, “nope” and end up announcing an absolute monster collection of titles. Between the February direct and this, I don’t think the question should be, “What’s left for E3?” but more “Oh my god, can you imagine what they’ll announce at E3?”

http://nerdtakeout.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/where-is-my-video-game-happy-place/

I’d say somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom squeezed into a little cartridge called Super Mario Brothers 3. It’s bright, colorful, pixel perfect palette slaps a stupid childlike grin across my face as the red curtain lifts and the title drops onto the screen. It’s fantastic. And it gets me giddy every time. This is both 50% nostalgia and 50% 80's Nintendo-can-do-no-wrong magic.

(comment #2) http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9092456

it's as though, instead of a "nintendo can do no wrong" attitude, you've adopted one something akin to "nintendo can do no RIGHT!!"

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=54958105

I think "Skyward Sword" will become the greatest game in nintendo's history or indeed ALL gaming history. It seems, when it comes to Zelda, that Nintendo can do no wrong.

http://playeressence.com/media-create-sales-123013-1514-zelda-breaks-224k-3ds-dominates/

Good to see the Vita jump up there. Nintendo can do no wrong with the 3DS. And Wii U sales should be steady till Wii Fit U drops this month. Overall good week on both fronts for Nintendo. And how about that staying power of Super Mario 3D World? Just Amazing.

http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/77106-super-smash-bros-wii-u3ds/page-177

Okay, if the ****ing Wii Fit trainer is good enough to get into Smash Brothers, then who the hell would be a bad addition? Because Wii Fit trainer sounds as bottom-of-the-barrel as it gets. I'm beginning to think they could have added literally anybody and everyone would praise it saying "Great choice, Nintendo can do no wrong!"

(Remove the (-) from the URL) http://www.gameset (-) watch.com/2006/10/buzz_words_nintendos_fatal_suc.php

Jeeez, GSW has a graphics ***** focus? I'm hard-pressed to think of the last GSW piece that mentioned poly counts or Frames per second as something insanely high or seriously lacking. I guess we're lucky that most of the fanboys stay around "nintendo can do no wrong" sites.

BTW, that article made an interesting prediction in 2006:

Wii Won't Rock You
So now we have the Wii, Nintendo's latest foray into GLORIOUS home console gaming, and I couldn't be more excited. It's a shame the system is already doomed to wind up in the closet inside two years. You see, YOU are very stupid. You, and all the rest of us playing video games. Unless you can give yourself the completely superficial thrill of saying "Hey, you see this, doesn't it look awesome?", you'll become bored, and the Wii, which is only interesting in terms of gameplay, and I mean COME ON, will be picked up by the help and moved to the closet, along with your old mobile phones, and pot bellied pig.

As far as we're concerned, innovation that isn't graphical is essentially not innovation at all. And once those systems move into the closet, Nintendo will make consoles no more forever!

---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#44MushroomMuncher(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 7:29:15 PM
@Phoenix

It seems most of the time it's used in special instances instead of someone literally going "Nintendo does no wrong".
---
Microsoft has become the new Nintendo and that will kill the Wii U.~cruelbird
#45ZerothmaPosted 2/16/2014 7:34:15 PM(edited)
Lefty128k posted...
>Asks for proof of OP's claim
>OP shows proof
>Insults OP for showing proof.

/doublestandards

@TC

"Whenever someone is making fun of "fanboys", they always say this line. So has anyone actually said this?"

If people always say this, then why did you have to ask if anyone has actually said it?

O Listless one, pretending to be ignorant I see. I suppose you had to choose another angle of attack when you were showed up by the sources that TC produced.

No, merely laughing at him for providing what you asked for wasn't enough was it. Funny, because you failed to produce a certain list and we all laughed at you for it, but now you laugh at someone when they produce a list for you.

Perhaps you are still salty because of that incident? Or maybe this is karma? Either way, it is so entertaining to watch you flounder about in the wake of something so sweetly similar. Keep playing the ignorant card, because you play it extremely well.
---
3DS FC: 3909 - 7680 - 8446
"A delayed game is eventually good, while a bad game is bad forever."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#46SegavsCapcomPosted 2/16/2014 7:33:39 PM
No, but some people act like it.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#47Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/16/2014 7:45:36 PM
It seems most of the time it's used in special instances instead of someone literally going "Nintendo does no wrong".

Yep, especially on forums. It does however get used non-ironically in news articles surprisingly often. "Nintendo can do no wrong with the 3DS/DS." was pretty common.

I agree though, it's mostly used in reference to fan-sites that never say anything negative of Nintendo.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#48EndgamePosted 2/16/2014 7:55:40 PM(edited)
no one outright says it, but they sure as hell believe it

and lol at the people implying Lefty is an idiot for pointing out a logic mistake with Mushroommuncher's sentence, he's not the idiot here.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#49StarmanJunior64Posted 2/16/2014 7:55:20 PM
Wario World
Metroid: Other M
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance

yes, nintendo can do wrong.
---
Playing: Terranigma, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Mario 3D World
#50EndgamePosted 2/16/2014 7:56:11 PM
hey, Wario World was actually fun

short, but fun
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert