Is the Wii U worth is for just party games right now?Or wait for Smash Bros,etc?

#1zerooo0Posted 2/17/2014 8:08:52 PM
A group of us is thinking about pinching in for a Wii U for party games like Just Dance, and a few others. Is it worth it for those? Any party games for big groups of people like 2-6? More is going to play it, but I don't know how many the Wii U can handle at a time.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2TransdudePosted 2/17/2014 8:11:13 PM
Considering the backwards compatibility, yes. It is worth it.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 8:13:45 PM
Transdude posted...
Considering the backwards compatibility, yes. It is worth it.

True, what would be some good party games from the Wii to have for the Wii U?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/17/2014 8:22:15 PM
The Wii U is already pretty good in terms of local multiplayer/party games.

It currently has:

New Super Mario Bros. U
Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo Land
Wii Party U
Game and Wario

and will have:

Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Tropical Freeze (2 player)
---
Number of people who agree Ganondorf should be super overpowered in Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS and have three different movesets: 748
#5AkaihiryuuPosted 2/18/2014 1:34:22 PM
New Super Mario Bros U actually surprised me. I hadn't planned on buying any Mario games, but my Wii U came with this game. I haven't really been a Mario fan since Mario 3 (which was the last Mario game I really enjoyed). The newer Mario games just kind of lost me...I didn't really like Super Mario World or Super Mario 64. Not that they were bad games, I just didn't have any fun playing them.

But the New Super Mario Bros series is more like a throwback to Mario 3 (which is still my favorite of the series).