Is the Wii U worth is for just party games right now?Or wait for Smash Bros,etc?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the Wii U worth is for just party games right now?Or wait for Smash Bros,etc?
3 years ago#1
A group of us is thinking about pinching in for a Wii U for party games like Just Dance, and a few others. Is it worth it for those? Any party games for big groups of people like 2-6? More is going to play it, but I don't know how many the Wii U can handle at a time.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
3 years ago#2
Considering the backwards compatibility, yes. It is worth it.
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
3 years ago#3
Transdude posted...
Considering the backwards compatibility, yes. It is worth it.

True, what would be some good party games from the Wii to have for the Wii U?
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
3 years ago#4
The Wii U is already pretty good in terms of local multiplayer/party games.

It currently has:

New Super Mario Bros. U
Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo Land
Wii Party U
Game and Wario

and will have:

Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 8
Tropical Freeze (2 player)
Number of people who agree Ganondorf should be super overpowered in Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS and have three different movesets: 748
3 years ago#5
New Super Mario Bros U actually surprised me. I hadn't planned on buying any Mario games, but my Wii U came with this game. I haven't really been a Mario fan since Mario 3 (which was the last Mario game I really enjoyed). The newer Mario games just kind of lost me...I didn't really like Super Mario World or Super Mario 64. Not that they were bad games, I just didn't have any fun playing them.

But the New Super Mario Bros series is more like a throwback to Mario 3 (which is still my favorite of the series).
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is the Wii U worth is for just party games right now?Or wait for Smash Bros,etc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived